Home
Posted By: high_country_ New personal record. ... - 07/21/14
I just spent 285 bux to buy rifle accuracy facts, by Harold Vaughn. I have never considered that kind of investment before, but I think it will be worth it to answer my questions.

Or I'm a fool.
Posted By: ingwe Re: New personal record. ... - 07/21/14
Doooooood�.we on the 'fire coulda told you anything you wanted to know. For free.
Posted By: MColeman Re: New personal record. ... - 07/21/14
I finally accepted the fact that every rifle is a law unto itself and what works with one usually cannot reliably be depended on to work with another. For instance, a load that shoots well in your rifle may well suck a lemon in mine. I also learned that a load that is accurate today in my rifle may group like a shotgun tomorrow in the very same rifle. Accuracy is a fickle woman.
I've come to agree for the most part.....but I can't for the life of me get past the "why". I don't imagine that I will lose over a hundred bucks after I sell it, if I choose to and I have paid that much for a dinner that made a sticky turd and left me no wiser....
Posted By: Davemc Re: New personal record. ... - 07/21/14
"I finally accepted the fact that every rifle is a law unto itself.."
I agree.
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: New personal record. ... - 07/21/14
I like to say that rifles are like women. All are crazy, just a question of to what degree.
Posted By: 5thShock Re: New personal record. ... - 07/21/14
It's the loonies that are crazy, rifles are squared away.
Posted By: Colo_Wolf Re: New personal record. ... - 07/21/14
Originally Posted by MColeman
I finally accepted the fact that every rifle is a law unto itself and what works with one usually cannot reliably be depended on to work with another. For instance, a load that shoots well in your rifle may well suck a lemon in mine. I also learned that a load that is accurate today in my rifle may group like a shotgun tomorrow in the very same rifle. Accuracy is a fickle woman.

Exactly what I have come to conclude.
© 24hourcampfire