Home
Posted By: Mule Deer There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Dunno about what, but that's apparently the opinion of a number of Campfire members who claim to be against more government. Thought I'd just get the ball rolling.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Absolutely right, John!

Lotsa sheep in wolves clothing here. And elsewhere.
Posted By: schoolmarm Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Dunno about what, but that's apparently the opinion of a number of Campfire members who claim to be against more government. Thought I'd just get the ball rolling.

You bored this morning? Go write another great article about the .29..
Posted By: stxhunter Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Agree
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
not only against 'more government', but even worse, is the number of Americans that no longer believe anything that government says.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14

"There should be a law! "

There probably is.
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
... a number of Campfire members who claim to be against more government.

I suspect that those who think it's wrong for federal and state governments to regulate - with laws - an individual's behavior, but think it's perfectly okay for local government to do it ...

Probably haven't spent much time at city council meetings. If they had, they'd understand better the meaning of the phrase "petty tyrants."
Posted By: ingwe Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
I think there should be a law that laws currently in place be selectively enforced�... whistle
Posted By: shootem Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
There is and they are. Long as you're not actually a 'citizen'.
Originally Posted by ingwe
I think there should be a law that laws currently in place be selectively enforced� and followed... whistle

Isn't that pretty much what we have with the current administration?

When the very government that imposes and enforces the laws doesn't adhere themselves to them, how can they expect the citizens to do so?
Posted By: deflave Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
What happens if I go below the 70% mark when developing a minimum load with Trail Boss?

Travis
Posted By: RWE Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Originally Posted by deflave
What happens if I go below the 70% mark when developing a minimum load with Trail Boss?

For 70% and below, you should be using "Cart Path Hoss" or a stout load of "Foot Path Honcho"
Posted By: deflave Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Where do I buy that stuff?

Travis
I mix it in my shed.

Look for the jug labeled "Primer's and powder from pulled ammo"
Posted By: hatari Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Originally Posted by ingwe
I think there should be a law that laws currently in place be selectively enforced�... whistle

Can we start with the Sanctuary City concept? Really.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
schoolmarm,

Actually the article on the great but neglected wildcat B-29 results in another "law": The office manager of HANDLOADER told me I could never, ever write a similar article, because of all the crazy phone calls they got, requesting more info or complaining about how they'd tried to contact Ned Nobody and nobody ever answered.

Modern life is a constant struggle against the forces of repression.
Posted By: shootem Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14

Travis

You turn into a pumpkin shaped frog and explode. Unless you can get a handsome prince to kiss you REALLY quick. A Montana guy wearing a leopard print thong can be substituted.
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
schoolmarm,

Actually the article on the great but neglected wildcat B-29 results in another "law": The office manager of HANDLOADER told me I could never, ever write a similar article, because of all the crazy phone calls they got, requesting more info or complaining about how they'd tried to contact Ned Nobody and nobody ever answered.

Modern life is a constant struggle against the forces of repression.

FIRE the office manager.

Mike
Posted By: derby_dude Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Jefferson said that the best government was a government that governed closes to the people. Local government is government that governs closes to the people. I've live under town hall government and that probably is the best we can get.

I'm a libertarian/anarchist but if there must be laws to govern communities and societies then it's best to have that government as close to people as possible.
Posted By: bea175 Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
There should be a Law against Democrats serving in the White House
Posted By: Seafire Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
I think there should be an amendment, that along with the Candidate for President being American born, they must have also served in our Nation's Armed Forces... so we don't end up with another Obama Clueless idiot who is anti American and Anti Military....

wanna clean up Washington? the first step would be a Constitutional Amendment banning Attorneys from holding political office...
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
I found the law!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4xbear Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
I needed a laugh and reread that article about a month ago. Thanks John.
As a Country we need a "do-over".
It's like getting backlash on your spinning reel. Forget about untangling the mess, just cut your line and respool.
Posted By: derby_dude Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
A constitutional convention is the only legal way to do it and I agree.
Posted By: CRS Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Originally Posted by bea175
There should be a Law against Democrats politicians serving in the Washington DC

Tweaked it
Posted By: SansSouci Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14

Many members of the 'fire and liberal, neocon, RINO's, but think they're conservative because they support their version of the Second Amendment.
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Sadly, I think we'll see SHTF before we get to a Constitutional convention.
Hopefully a positive result from either scenario. Meanwhile, a lot of pain to be endured.
Originally Posted by Penobscot_99

Hopefully a positive result from either scenario. Meanwhile, a lot of pain to be endured.

Either way, hitting the reset button is warranted.

My personal opinion is that there is absolutely nothing broken with the constitution that we have. It just needs to be adhered to. It is a fact that the government we have now will not adhere to it because big government serves itself, and not the people.

A Constitutional Convention would be a more peaceful way to resolution, but you are left with the very government structure and people that brought us to this point, and all they would have to do is ignore it.

If the very people that are responsible for governing for the people and neglect to do so, are dragged out of their offices and made an example of, publically, the next person that sits in that office may not be so willing to take the duties lightly. wink
Posted By: Steelhead Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Hell, I ain't even for 'hunting seasons'. Limits are fine but I have a problem with seasons.
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Hmmmm,how about making a law that ALL candidates for elective public office be FORCED to undergo a background investigation and weeding out as stringent as those done for pistol permit applicants in say...New York City????
A Constitutional Convention won't work the way you think it will. The new Constitution will sound nice to the average ear, but will be filled with wriggle words that only a few will recognize as such.

And besides, if the government ignores our current Constitution, what makes you think they would abide by a new and better one?

PS The only real changes that need to be made to the US Constitution are to eliminate the changes made after the Thirteenth Amendment. Do that and you'd have about the best Constitution any people could hope for, but you know that's not going to happen.
Posted By: Scott F Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
How about this. A law that says Congress is no exempt form any laws they make and all laws on the books must be enforced or repealed.
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
They should all pee in a cup. at least.
And oh yeah, have a VALID birth certificate..
maybe school registrations... something!
Posted By: W7ACT Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Term Limits.......
Originally Posted by Scott F
How about this. A law that says Congress is no exempt form any laws they make and all laws on the books must be enforced or repealed.
Once a constitutional convention is called, there are no limits on what they can do, even to scrap the Constitution in whole and start from scratch, which is most likely what they'd do, even if the people only demanded the convention for a single amendment. The Articles of Confederation were supposed to be slightly tweaked by the Constitutional Convention of 1789. They immediately decided to scrap them and start from scratch, even though that was not their mandate from the people. That will likely be the result this time too, but do you trust the people who will be doing it to do such with as much concern for liberty and with as much wisdom as exercised by the Founding Fathers? I sure don't.
As a Country we need a "do-over".
It's like getting backlash on your spinning reel. Forget about untangling the mess, just cut your line and respool.

Good analogy! I vote for a do-over. That means following our Constitution and none of this dictator BS.

Posted By: Scott F Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Scott F
Once a constitutional convention is called, there are no limits on what they can do, even to scrap the Constitution in whole and start from scratch, which is most likely what they'd do, even if the people only demanded the convention for a single amendment. The Articles of Confederation were supposed to be slightly tweaked by the Constitutional Convention of 1789. They immediately decided to scrap them and start from scratch, even though that was not their mandate from the people. That will likely be the result this time too, but do you trust the people who will be doing it to do such with as much concern for liberty and with as much wisdom as exercised by the Founding Fathers? I sure don't.

No way I would go for a constitutional convention right now.
Lawyers (as members of the judicial branch) should be barred from seeking elective office (the legislative branch).
No one who ever held a law degree should be writing the laws - that is a conflict of interest at it's very core!
Posted By: RickyD Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
A Constitutional Convention would be a more peaceful way to resolution, but you are left with the very government structure and people that brought us to this point, and all they would have to do is ignore it.
The progressives are much better organizers than conservatives, and don't fight among themselves over foolish nonsense when it's important to stick together, unlike stubborn, hardheaded, conservatives. The progressives would stack the deck in a constitutional convention and the constitution that emerged would not be recognizable or American. I'll pass on a constitutional convention. Mostly because conservatives can't be trusted to do the right thing when it's most needed. We've seen that rather often the last 5-6 years.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
We all need to go to DC, maybe 10-20 million. Then find and push the reset button. Start with the constitution again.
Posted By: 1minute Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Why? Few if any that we have now are being enforced.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Lawyers (as members of the judicial branch) should be barred from seeking elective office (the legislative branch).
No one who ever held a law degree should be writing the laws - that is a conflict of interest at it's very core!
I like it, even though it would exclude me from elective office.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Should be a law against calling the .270's "gay!" whistle laugh
Originally Posted by 1minute
Why? Few if any that we have now are being enforced.

Yup.
But absolute enforcement of every law currently on the books would probably make more "mind your own business" libertarians out of Americans than any other stimulus.
Our current selective enforcement matched with massive numbers of unknown laws are ripe for exploitation by a tyrannical majority (or their government).
When America was in it's early years, the congress and people serving in office were people from the ranks of the population.

They were farmers, hunters, business owners, millwrights, or somehow connected to the common fiber of those that elected them.

When that power was passed to those with a gift of gab, and a natural ability for deception, the draw of rewards sucked from the very people that placed them in office, was all it took to refine that evil to the point it is today.

And we all see what we are left with...
Posted By: chris_c Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Wasn't that passed yesterday? grin
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
I recognize the laws of gravity, inertia and thermodynamics. Case closed.

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I like it, even though it would exclude me from elective office.

don't let principal stand in the way.

I'd love to see you run for office, dare say even donate a few bucks to your campaign.
Originally Posted by chris_c

cool

What's the penalty for calling a .270 "gay?

Death by leopard thongs,ice cubes in whisky/whiskey or beans in chili?
Posted By: antlers Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
There should be a law...
How 'bout one that says the following...

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators, President of the United States, their employees, Representatives of Congress; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."
Posted By: Redneck Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Only law I'd support is one that requires TEN laws be chit-canned for every new law enacted...

But the header reminds me of an old, single-panel cartoon named: There Oughta Be A Law.. And it was SO appropriate.. laugh laugh
Posted By: FreeMe Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14

A lot of interesting response - some that I really like. But I think that shot went right over most everybody's heads.....
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
When America was in it's early years, the congress and people serving in office were people from the ranks of the population.

They were farmers, hunters, business owners, millwrights, or somehow connected to the common fiber of those that elected them.

When that power was passed to those with a gift of gab, and a natural ability for deception, the draw of rewards sucked from the very people that placed them in office, was all it took to refine that evil to the point it is today.

Yep.
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14

Of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence, 25 were lawyers. Of the 55 framers of the Constitution, 32 were lawyers.

http://sbmblog.typepad.com/sbm-blog...s-were-lawyers.html#sthash.GtjzOLay.dpuf

Biographical chart of the signers of the Declaration of Independence: http://www.usconstitution.net/declarsigndata.html

Biographical chart of the framers of the Constitution: http://www.usconstitution.net/constframedata.html

Damn lawyers.
Posted By: Rovering Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
Government is always the worst solution to any problem and should only be the last resort.

We've far too many laws now that government uses to oppress citizens. If we do need any more laws we need some that citizen may use to restrain government.
Posted By: JoeMama Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14

Bernard's Law: The effect of putting half-wits in a group is multiplicative. Example: Two half-wits, when combined, exhibit the cognitive maturity of a quarter wit.

The law extends to room-temperature IQs. Two people with IQs of 70 combine to an IQ of 50 (0.7 * 0.7 =0.5). A committee of four people with an IQ of 70 drops down the mentality of the committee to that of a quarter wit.

Recent events suggest Bernard's Law also applies to liberals. There are approximately 100,000,000 liberals in this country. I personally know several with an IQ of ZERO. Anything times ZERO equals....you know....our current elected government.

Bernard's Law was first formulated by Tom Bernard's dad. Tom used to work for SDRC.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14

No one can be forced to join a union or other organization as a requirement for employment.

Discrimination based on race, gender or religion is illegal.

Government organizations cannot ask for or keep records of a persons race except for descriptions for criminals or suspects.

Government photo ID must be presented before a person can vote.

No welfare for able bodied people.

No government benefits can be provided without proof of US citizenship.

It is a federal felony for being an illegal alien in the USA with punishment of 3 years for the first offense and 20 years for subsequent offenses. Illegal aliens can surrender to the authorities, plead guilty with a suspended sentence and then be deported. If they return they can be thrown in prison without trial.

It is a serious felony for those who provide aid to illegals including sanctuaries. They will receive 1 year in a federeal prison for each illegal they help and the sentences will be served sequentially.

Posted By: chris_c Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14

cool

Ten lashes with the thongs, and no whiskey. grin

cool

Ten lashes with the thongs, and no whiskey. grin
cool
Posted By: nighthawk Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
There oughta be a law to get rid of laws.

Seriously. wink . All laws expire 10 years after enactment and have to be reconsidered and passed again. Not only cuts the junk but the volume too.

Or a law declaring .270's gay. Or both. And have the Supreme Court arguments on TV in prime time. laugh
Originally Posted by nighthawk
There aughta be a law to get rid of laws.

Seriously. wink . All laws expire 10 years after enactment and have to be reconsidered and passed again. Not only cuts the junk but the volume too.

Or a law declaring .270's gay. Or both. And have the Supreme Court arguments on TV in prime time. laugh

Better think that through a bit more. wink
Posted By: nighthawk Re: There should be a law! - 07/22/14
A couple we really need that are (supposedly) on the books somewhere in South Dakota. www.dumblaws.com/

No horses are allowed into Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants.
It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.

I seem to recall that the Fountain Inn law is a Rapid City ordinance and was left on the books just because it was silly. Being a small state most archaic laws have been repealed. We don't have that many to wade through.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: There should be a law! - 07/23/14
An uncle got one repealed single handedly. Madison, SD had a law that livestock driven through town had the right of way over traffic. He kept a few sheep on his small acreage on the edge of town for fun and to keep the grass down. So guess what, right down the main drag for the noon rush hour (such that rush hour was in Madison.) City fathers loved him almost as much as his drinking buddies. laugh
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: There should be a law! - 07/23/14
The Constitution is the basis of liberty, freedom, and IS the law of the land. (Or should be.)

It is the oldest set of laws on the books in our country.
They would gladly let it expire now.

One of the main liberal attacks on the Second Amendment is their claim that the law is archaic and needs to be revised to today's generation.

I think it's better to be left without and expiration date. And the rest of the Constitution as well. wink

Good idea. Also, every Federal law they pass expires if it fails to win a majority of votes in the next mid term or full term election, whichever comes first after its passage. Same applies to changes in regulatory laws.
The Constitution is the basis of liberty, freedom, and IS the law of the land. (Or should be.)

It is the oldest set of laws on the books in our country.
They would gladly let it expire now.

One of the main liberal attacks on the Second Amendment is their claim that the law is archaic and needs to be revised to today's generation.

I think it's better to be left without and expiration date. And the rest of the Constitution as well. wink
I assumed he was referring to Federal legislation, not the US Constitution.
Posted By: eh76 Re: There should be a law! - 07/23/14
That's what you get for trying to think....
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: There should be a law! - 07/23/14

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. whistle laugh

Ditto!

Yes, in opposition to the proliferation of LRR (laws, rules and regulations).

John, you don't usually wade in this end of the pool. wink

Either way, hitting the reset button is warranted.

My personal opinion is that there is absolutely nothing broken with the constitution that we have. It just needs to be adhered to. It is a fact that the government we have now will not adhere to it because big government serves itself, and not the people.

If the very people that are responsible for governing for the people and neglect to do so, are dragged out of their offices and made an example of, publically, the next person that sits in that office may not be so willing to take the duties lightly. wink

I agree, a whole lot of politicians are gaming the system for their own gain.
Some are so brazen now that they are lying right to the publics face. And of course the media spins it in the liars favor... We have no "free" press to speak of.
"You can't fool all of the people, all of the time"
At least I hope not.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: There should be a law! - 07/23/14
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

John, you don't usually wade in this end of the pool. wink

He ain't wading. He's pissing off the deck.
Posted By: calikooknic Re: There should be a law! - 07/23/14
Travis

Just top it off with Blew Dot and sell it back to Shrap after range development in done.
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: There should be a law! - 07/23/14
Campfire Guide

Loc: Not In The City When America was in it's early years, the congress and people serving in office were people from the ranks of the population.

AMEN to That!

I say cut Washington staffs to two per repesentative/ sen.

And pay them a living wag. Not a King's randsom!

The house down the street was built by an early Ohio Senator.
He was a farmer first ,represenative part time.

Posted By: temmi Re: There should be a law! - 07/23/14

The Irony is not lost

Snake
© 24hourcampfire