Home
I've always wondered why Shotguns is buried in the Birds & Dogs forum, and not under the 'Forums' banner which includes all manner of other firearms.

It's certainly as active as many other categories, and more so than quite a few.
lots of shotgun talk in the AR subforum, but not bird guns. smile
I don't know, but here is a picture of my favorite shotgun.

[Linked Image]
nice wood!!
That reminds me - I don't have a shotgun.
I'm partial to this old Ithaca 20ga
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by P_Weed

WHAT????????
Originally Posted by P_Weed

BLASPHEMY! How do you shoot birds beside out the window of your truck?

A 22 mostly.
One of my favorites is this sidelock BRNO 16 gauge.

[Linked Image]
remember the movie "Eldorado".... they gave James Caan a shotgun, 'cause he couldn't hit anything with a revolver or rifle.... laugh But I have a lot of use for them.
...because the shotgun guys like their nice quiet corner of the 'Fire.
Originally Posted by Toddly

[Linked Image]

That gun doesn't have enough triggers�.
Originally Posted by ingwe

[Linked Image]

Well Ill be damned! None of them do! grin

[Linked Image]

I'm looking at an H&R 'Pardner' 20 ga break-open single-shot ...
Does that count?
No.
[Linked Image]

Well Ill be damned! None of them do! grin

Pay no attention to him.
The man eats Miracle Whip for god sakes.

[Linked Image]
I detest shotgun snobbery.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[Linked Image]

This one has the right number of triggers�. grin
One barrel, one trigger. Two barrels, two triggers
+1
Damn Yankees

EXACTAMUNDO.

Theres very few things in life that simply shouldn't be open to discussion, and a selective trigger on a double is one of them.

EXACTAMUNDO.

Theres very few things in life that simply shouldn't be open to discussion, and a selective trigger on a double is one of them.
That is the definition of snobbery. smile
Here in WV, we put all of our fingers on all of the triggers. I think the single selective trigger was developed for us. smile

Thats distinctly possible�.Saw a gun put both fingers on both triggers of a .470 double rifle once.

Once�..
[Linked Image]
Here in WV, we put all of our fingers on all of the triggers. I think the single selective trigger was developed for us. smile

Thats distinctly possible�.Saw a gun put both fingers on both triggers of a .470 double rifle once.

Once�..

Glad you caught it, it was deleted before I could submit my reply. Sorry he has to use a toothbrush whilst I use a teethbrush.
Would someone please tell all the stupid birds and clays that have fallen to the second shot from my Red Label that they are not really dead and broken, there was really no second shot because there is no second trigger
No snobbery here, [bleep] it's a Mossberg 500 and I still have it after 24 years and still hunt it. That said, I'm bright enough to understand that one barrel will have one trigger and two barrels will have two triggers.

[Linked Image]

EXACTAMUNDO.

That is the definition of snobbery. smile

Perhaps�but I ameliorate it by putting my whiskey on ice. grin
Originally Posted by FoxtonGundogs
Would someone please tell all the stupid birds and clays that have fallen to the second shot from my Red Label that they are not really dead and broken, there was really no second shot because there is no second trigger

As if a Canadian's opinion matters..

Once�..
When I was young I handed my field grade Lc smith double barrel to my brother to shoot a squirrel directly above our head. He pointed the gun straight up an pulled both triggers with 2 magnum loads. Set him square on his back, moaning. We still laugh about it today.
No snobbery here, [bleep] it's a Mossberg 500 and I still have it after 24 years and still hunt it. That said, I'm bright enough to understand that one barrel will have one trigger and two barrels will have two triggers.

[Linked Image]

And your drilling has how many triggers? whistle
Drillings don't count�..they aint like real shotguns�

Please don't make me try to defend that statement�this is spur of the moment and Im not ready.

Once�..

Glad you caught it, it was deleted before I could submit my reply. Sorry he has to use a toothbrush whilst I use a teethbrush.
I gots all my teef! Didn't want to hijack a thread but now that I'm busted... A rifle without 2 triggers is pure peasantry.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yep and I still get a blast out of shooting my Model 12 BUT I don't want hammers on my SxS just because the USED to have them lol
[Linked Image]

As if a Canadian's opinion matters..

One thing about it we don't really care if it maters to you, we just do it and it works, and the proof is in the link below below cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E064kb3UnU

Hey, let as few of those go, so we can get a chance at 'em!

Nice looking dog, is he a toller?
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by kid0917

There's a toller a few posts back jealously guarding a bottle of rum....GOOD DOG1

Mines a Golden I also have her daughter and grandaughter. If it was her you were referring to thanks for the kind words, she's a ducks worst nightmare, one tuff little dog, born on opening day she'll be 10 this season and still goes all day and looks for more. It will be a sad day when I have to start leaving her home.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Of all the shotguns i own the V. Bernardelli Model Gamecock Premier is my favorite for upland bird hunting .

[Linked Image]
With all this interest, maybe we can get the Mods to move it, pretty please?
That would be nice... but us shotgun loonies already know where the Shotguns forum is...
whistle
Originally Posted by kid0917

There's a toller a few posts back jealously guarding a bottle of rum....GOOD DOG1

Mines a Golden I also have her daughter and grandaughter. If it was her you were referring to thanks for the kind words, she's a ducks worst nightmare, one tuff little dog, born on opening day she'll be 10 this season and still goes all day and looks for more. It will be a sad day when I have to start leaving her home.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Good looking Golden. A good field bred Golden is hard to beat!
Thanks yours is pretty nice as well those little dogs amaze me with the drive they have, how can you beat a dog that will retrieve your birds AND guard your drink
© 24hourcampfire