Home
Posted By: sandpit update on my wife - 07/23/14
hi,i just wanted to give an update on my wife.we are getting closer to getting her qualified for a new liver,you cant believe the hoops ya have to jump through.char is quite a fighter and one tough gal,shes always has a smile no matter how bad it gets at times.we just wanted to thank those again for the prayers and thoughts.
thanks
john & char
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: update on my wife - 07/23/14
Hang in there.

She sounds like a trooper.

More prayers on the way.
Posted By: derby_dude Re: update on my wife - 07/23/14
Here's hoping your Lady gets her new liver and all is well.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: update on my wife - 07/23/14
The prayers will continue! Need to remain positive and be strong.
Posted By: Scott F Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
More prayers on the way.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
More prayers on the way.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
Prayers for both of you.

Ed
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
same here

a tough gal with lots of positive mental attitude is worth saving!

gonna be happy when you post about the operation and how she's getting back on her feet
Posted By: SKane Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
We're pulling for her!
Posted By: bruinruin Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
Hadn't heard of it before now, Sandpit, but I hope all works out well for her.
Posted By: roundoak Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
Prayers and all the best for both of you.

Wayne
Posted By: chris_c Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
Prayers for both of you.
Posted By: T LEE Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
Continuing prayers offered Sir.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
Will send prayers for your Wife, and yourself. God Bless and Keep You Both smile
Posted By: mark shubert Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
Prayers from here.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14

Amen, good news.

Keep The Lord lifted up.

More prayers coming your way.
Posted By: safariman Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
PRAYERS SENT FOR SURE! It was a joy to meet her last month.

When a cousin of mine was thought to need a liver, a donor could donate part of one, which would then grow into a whole one again for both parties.

I would be interested in being a donor if my docs thought I could handle the surgery and not have it compromise my later Kidney Transplant.

Let me know,

MARK

PS to those who have not met Char, she is a sweetie who loves her husband, and he loves her, and she has this huge smile that can just light up a room like nobody's business. We need to pray and offer up parts as needed to keep this dear lady alive. My parts are available as needed.

PLUS, she has a hot rod waiting for her that sandpit has built for her!
Posted By: JPro Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
Prayers from here as well.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
I hadn't heard of this until now. Hang in there, and lean on the prayers of your friends here at the fire. Prayers sent from Minnesota.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
Prayers to y'all
I've been out of pocket for a while so first I have heard of this. All prayers and good wishes for your wife from here.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
Know all about the hoops! Wifey and I are pulling for you both!!!
Posted By: sandpit Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
thank you all,char just read this and wants to thank everyone.she was really suprised,and mark she says you rock!
I am glad this thread encouraged her. My offer was/is serious and in good faith. Let us all know what she finds out, needs to do and needs for replacement parts.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
Prayers, sandpit.

Hopefully all who read here will consider and effect being an organ donor. Ain't hard to do at all.
All of my organs are available when I die to whomever needs what, but what some of us (me and Char, in particular, methinks) need the most is LIVING donors. A little harder to do and offer, for sure. But without some living donors, folks die who did not need to.
Posted By: 4xbear Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
B.T.D.T.l although ours was with a kidney. Best of luck.from personal experience it's harder being the husband then it is the recipient.I hope you guys get the phone call soon.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
Originally Posted by safariman
All of my organs are available when I die to whomever needs what, but what some of us (me and Char, in particular, methinks) need the most is LIVING donors. A little harder to do and offer, for sure. But without some living donors, folks die who did not need to.

Mark, the Japanese have made some serious inroads with partials of the liver and pancreas (for diabetics). Or so is claimed.

Like you, I've specified all that's usable, singe what's left and spread the ashes over 2 designated spots.

How many die each and every day, awaiting and praying, while so much goes to waste??? Sad, as that's the last possible thing that one can do for their fellow man, anon.
Posted By: RickyD Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Hang in there.

She sounds like a trooper.

More prayers on the way.
Amen!
Posted By: northcountry Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
This is the first I have heard off the situation. prayer offered up for Char and for you John. Tell her hang in there. Cheers NC
Posted By: schoolmarm Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
Don't know how I missed this. Prayers for y'all from Mississippi..
Posted By: SansSouci Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
Originally Posted by sandpit
hi,i just wanted to give an update on my wife.we are getting closer to getting her qualified for a new liver,you cant believe the hoops ya have to jump through.char is quite a fighter and one tough gal,shes always has a smile no matter how bad it gets at times.we just wanted to thank those again for the prayers and thoughts.
thanks
john & char

Hi John,

I wish Char the absolute best. She sounds like a woman of honor and character with committed belief in God.
Posted By: EWY Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
I missed this before.
Prayers and best wishes.

Ernie
Posted By: pahick Re: update on my wife - 07/24/14
Prayers sent!
© 24hourcampfire