Home
Still no response.

WTF?

It was a domestic disturbance with a woman screaming.

*** They finally showed up ... 30 minutes later
You should have said you just murder someone. laugh
Sorry, but 911 is only good for showing up after the fact.

357 is more proactive

My bad neighbors drove their car into my good neighbor's house fast enough to deploy the airbags. I called 911...and it was busy. After 10 minutes I finally got through and 10 minutes later I had 4 cop cars in front my house....and they arrested no one.
Originally Posted by fish head
Still no response.

WTF?

So , what were you screaming about ?

Mike
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Still no response.

WTF?

So , what were you screaming about ?

Mike

Ouch!

When seconds count,...........
So ...

The Campus Police showed up 30 minutes later and the stoopid fuuc wanted to see my ID because I made the call.

I spoke with the FC Police Officer and he didn't need to see it.

THIS F"IN STATE AND THE LIBERAL M"FERS IS WARPED BEYOND BELIEF !!!
Is there a story here? Anybody hurt or was she just screaming?
It's probably too late now, but I'm pretty sure if they're over 30 minutes they owe you a free pizza.
I heard a women screaming ...

Domestic dispute as far as I could tell.

Red Flag ... I called 911.

It turned out to be not a major event.

I did what anyone would do, or should do, when you hear a women screaming. How I would I know what would happen next. It didn't sound good and it was worthy of calling 911.
Originally Posted by pira114
It's probably too late now, but I'm pretty sure if they're over 30 minutes they owe you a free azz beating pizza.

Wanted to get a jump on Rovering and Shimp.
probably just making love fishhead

gots to love them screamers
"You better get up and smell the real flavor, cause 911 is the fake life saver...

Get up get up get up get down 911 is a joke in yo town.."
NO NO NO
YES YES YES

DON'T

STOP

DON'T

STOP

OH GOOD HEAVENS DON'T EVER STOP

that pretty much what you heard bud? whistle grin
I'm not a paranoid person.

When I hear a woman screaming there's two actions that need to be taken.

1) First call 911

2) Then if the SHTF take action.

I did number one. It didn't escalate to the point that required any further action.

I'm just pizzed that it took the police so long to respond.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
YES YES YES

DON'T

STOP

DON'T

STOP

OH GOOD HEAVENS DON'T EVER STOP

that pretty much what you heard bud? whistle grin

I wish it was ...
Did you dial correctly?
what's the number for 911?
Hmm? I can't find 11.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Did you dial correctly?

I dialed correctly enough to get the Campus Police.

You got to understand I don't have a problem with LE. They're the good guys.

The FC City LEO officer that I spoke to understood that and appreciated it. He didn't ask me for my ID and left well enough alone.
probably stuck on the other side of the train.

Sycamore
Originally Posted by deerstalker
what's the number for 911?

I dunno.
Still no response.

WTF?

That was fast. IME they typically average 45 minutes around here.
We're just giving you a load, FH.

Ya done the right thing and a good thing.
They'll Come Faster, If You'll Fire Few Shots off...
Originally Posted by ironbender
We're just giving you a load, FH.

Ya done the right thing and a good thing.

I know.

I just keep running into schit that I've never experienced before ... ever.

Moving back to Alaska is becoming more inviting.
Cops shoot people here for not using their turn signals. Stay there! wink
Originally Posted by Mull

No they don't. They just ask if you saw the shooter, or anyone get hit. If you say no, they won't even send a car.
Originally Posted by Mull

In the town I used to live in if there were simultaneous calls, one of shots fired and another of a shed unsecured on the opposite end of town, there would be six cop cars at the unsecured shed.

When I hear a woman screaming there's four actions that need to be taken.

1) S

2) S

3) S

4) Bang her if she's hot, she owes you
I live in the nicest subdivision that anyone could ever want.

I'm pizzed off because the police took so long to respond.

And ...

It really pizzed me off when the Campus Police Officer dipshcit wanted to see my ID when I was standing in front of my home, next to my truck, when I made the 911 call, and after I identified myself when making the call.

WTF?

Colorado is insane.
That's a shame, always liked FC and folks were nice. But 30 min for woman in trouble is too long, that town isn't that busy.

Not surprised the campus cop asked for ID, they are used to policing a group that wanders a lot and hangs out at each other's houses / apartments / dorms.
I can understand cops being busy but there shouldn't be that many busy things going on here.

It's a very nice town.

If Fort Collins has gone down the tubes then ...
Crimes happen in seconds. Police respond in minutes or hours.

In almost all cases the best that the police can possibly do is make the insurance claim agents' and lawyers' of the parties to a crime jobs easier with good reports; thus, why it is so unacceptable when they too often make things much worse instead of a little better.
Towns that "aren't busy" usually suffer the worst in regards to manpower issues. The citizens think it's a quiet little burb so they're generally against funding for more cops or the pay that's needed to recruit good guys for the vacancies they've got.

The town I live in is a perfect example. They regularly police a city of 55Kish people with four cops. One wreck one the interstate and half your cops are gone for an hour. If a big rig is involved, it's three cops for two and a half hours. Which leaves one cops to answer calls for 55K people.

The town has doubled in size but in ten years they haven't been able to increase their shift size or get meaningful raises.....because it's so "quiet". And it is quiet, until it isn't.

I'm very serious when I say that you should raise hell about the response time with your city council. IME, it can make a difference.
Fell again the other day.

Wasn't hurt. Just couldn't get up and couldn't reach the 'phone.

Pressed the Life Alert button on my wrist.

What an infuriating joke!

As usual, I couldn't understand the air-head female who insisted on interrogating me. (I "speak" with a weak squeak [paralyzed throat], and my "hearing" isn't any better.)

Life Alert is supposed to notify my designated care-giver automatically whenever I have an "episode."

Did they? Ne'er a mumblin' word.

Why don't any of these "service" outfits realize that many of us old folks can not use the telephone?
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Towns that "aren't busy" usually suffer the worst in regards to manpower issues. The citizens think it's a quiet little burb so they're generally against funding for more cops or the pay that's needed to recruit good guys for the vacancies they've got.

The town I live in is a perfect example. They regularly police a city of 55Kish people with four cops. One wreck one the interstate and half your cops are gone for an hour. If a big rig is involved, it's three cops for two and a half hours. Which leaves one cops to answer calls for 55K people.

The town has doubled in size but in ten years they haven't been able to increase their shift size or get meaningful raises.....because it's so "quiet". And it is quiet, until it isn't.

I'm very serious when I say that you should raise hell about the response time with your city council. IME, it can make a difference.

Government's only efficiency is in inefficiency, and government's only competency is in incompetency.

In government their demand to remedy their inefficiency and incompetency is monotonously higher taxes, more spending, and higher pay; yet the more they cost us and the more they get the worse are the problems. Government entities and employees are rewarded for their failures.

In the private sector our requests for higher budgets, more resources, and higher pay are requested based on our demonstrated efficiency and competency. Private entities and employees are rewarded for our successes.

You should reward that which you want more of, and should expect to get more of that which you reward.
Originally Posted by pira114
It's probably too late now, but I'm pretty sure if they're over 30 minutes they owe you a free pizza.

Damn... what a great line... sure hope I never have occasion to say, "Hey, you guys owe me a free pizza...." but if I'm still conscious... pretty sure I'll use that one grin
Still no response.

WTF?

In my neck of the world people call 011 just for a ride to the ER. If they're breathing I send them out to the waiting room to get in line with the rest that have been waiting 2 of more hours. That type of abuse is one reason you waited so long. Here 911 is a cab service , for the most part.

When I hear a woman screaming there's two actions that need to be taken.

1) First call 911

2) Then if the SHTF take action.

I did number one. It didn't escalate to the point that required any further action.

I'm just pizzed that it took the police so long to respond.
Which is why a gun in the hand beats a cop on the phone..

You did right at the time..

Originally Posted by Rovering
Government's only efficiency is in inefficiency, and government's only competency is in incompetency.
Man, ain't THAT the truth.....

© 24hourcampfire