Home
Took 2 hours to put down a murderer in Arizona. They should do them all that way. That SOB had it coming.
Hell just Chute em Elisabeth! LOL
What's botched about it?

As Hillary might would say, "what does it matter, he's dead".
Exactly!
Or I was thinking go back to hanging them. Hang 'em high. And it will save some $$$$$ , just re-use the rope.
I'd say the execution went pretty good. laugh
I read about this in the other post. In all likelihood the criminal did not feel a thing after the first injection hit him. The time it took him to actually die is unimportant to everyone except flaming liberals and who cares what those idiots think.
So not to be cruel and unusual just do em in like they do the victims. In his case buried alive.
Dead is Dead and forget about him.
But there is a problem with this kind of mistake in that it provides ammunition for the folks trying to ban the death penalty, or the scum on death row trying to avoid justice..
The time it took him to actually die is unimportant to everyone except flaming liberals and who cares what those idiots think.

Did they not cause the good drugs to get banned and thus caused this? miles
we should let more of 'em keep their belts and shoe laces when we put them in solitary.
Like the old bullet saying,

"At what point in the execution did the drug fail?"
Just snuff em.
If conservatives like Rush and Ann were in charge, this would not be a story. wink
A local talk show interviewed one of the local top ER doctors here in LA this morning; at the start the doctor's PRO death penalty opinion surprised the host who expected the doctor to be against it.

He went on to say that the amount of the midazolam and hydromorphone used would quickly put the murdered in a coma and would not feel pain. He added that in the ER he has seen bodies gasp for air long after the heart has stopped and it is spinal column reflex action. It can happen well after being declared dead.
Originally Posted by Pete E
But there is a problem with this kind of mistake in that it provides ammunition for the folks trying to ban the death penalty, or the scum on death row trying to avoid justice..
I agree. A bullet in the head works much better.
Blame this on the bleeding heart schittasses who would prefer a painless death as punishment for some horrendous crime.
Americans can't do a fooking thing right any more.. We act like a gang of bumbling ni**ers..
Yeah ever shot a squirrel with a .410 and then had to go grab him by the tail and smack his head 5 or 6 times against a tree?

Same thing here

Still one in the bag, time for dumplins.
These "enlightened intellects" that decry the death penalty as cruel and unusual have zero qualms with aborting babies by either chemical or mechanical means and consider such as a woman's protected "reproductive right."

No doubt they are all "educated" far beyond their intelligence and ability to reason. crazy

How can we be surprised at the hand wringing going on over this felon suffering for a couple hours? The media can't seem to discern who the real victim is anymore, so we end up reading what an outrage those 2 hours were that it took for this murderer to die rather than the 25 years it took our justice system to get him his appointment with the needle.
They should just close these procedures off to the public and even the press and even the family of the victim and the condemned. No one period.

Just release the affirmation that the event was carried out to completion.

Originally Posted by slumlord
They should just close these procedures off to the public and even the press and even the family of the victim and the condemned. No one period.

Just release the affirmation that the event was carried out to completion.

I could go for that.
We've all seen a snake, body having separated from the head, or a chicken after having his head removed. It do squirm and flop around a bit but still deader than a fart.

If need be let these sentences be carried out in private with the executioner or open them up so every one can witness them... not just family and friends of the perp and the victim and the press to give the blow by blow report.

Would be a fine deterrent if broadcast on free TV.
The phrase "botched lethal injection" is an oxymoron.
it should of taken a whole day ......screw this human trash
Originally Posted by 4xbear
Originally Posted by Pete E
I agree. A bullet in the head works much better.

Won't take two hours, either.

There are too many ways to place a good, solid IV or several IV's, even in a doper with messed up peripheral veins.

If the IV fails, take a long spinal needle and go for the heart. Hard to miss.

I'm assuming it wasn't the chemicals that were at fault, just the delivery...

DF
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Kinda like "bullet failure" with a hanging deer...

DF
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Kinda' like recovering a "failed bullet" from a dead animal. It did the job, didn't it?

Oops! Should've finished reading the thread before commenting. Oh well, it's still a valid point.
They should take 30-50 38 special "guns" and attach them to the inside of a stainless steel helmet. Load up with electronic fired primers like Remington tried to sell. Then put the criminals head inside and fire them all at once. Won't take 2 hours for the murderer to die.
Hope the fu-k felt every second of it.
Some of us could figure a real efficient way to take care of that business. They didn't have "failures" back in the old days. They seemed to always have good, solid ropes, strong trees and a spooky horse...

Didn't take 2 hours...

DF
A heroin hotshot. No supply problem, they already have it from drug busts. Supposed to be a pleasant way to go too.

Originally Posted by hillbillybear
These "enlightened intellects" that decry the death penalty as cruel and unusual have zero qualms with aborting babies by either chemical or mechanical means and consider such as a woman's protected "reproductive right."

No doubt they are all "educated" far beyond their intelligence and ability to reason. crazy

HBB, you have said it extremely well there. Perfectly stated.

Reminds me of the first line in a song from the 80's, Christian contemporary:

"Well its OK to murder babies but we really ought to save the whales"

Title of the song was "stop the world, I want to get off"
Cruel and Unusual is wrong. Cruel is fine and Unusual is fine just as long as its not both. I'd say this execution was a success as he's dead.
Originally Posted by gunner500
Hope the fu-k felt every second of it.

+1
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
What's botched about it?

As Hillary might would say, "what does it matter, he's dead".

no argument here
Originally Posted by GeoW
open them up so every one can witness them... not just family and friends of the perp and the victim and the press to give the blow by blow report.

Would be a fine deterrent if broadcast on free TV.

Pipe it into every classroom above 5th grade in the state and make it required viewing.
As nighthawk suggested, if lethal injections are mandated (I did not say I agree with this) then why mess around with exotic chemicals that may or may not be available? Give the bastids what they probably already wanted in the first place: heroin. Four or five ounces of uncut, raw heroin, in fact.

There's a huge supply already in police custody, with more being received every day. It supposedly induces euphoria instead of pain. It works quickly, and if given in enough quantity is 100% effective in causing death.
What's wrong with obtaining drugs vets use to euthanize dogs, calculate the dose per weight and shoot'em up...

Shouldn't be rocket science...

And, at this point who cares about FDA rules and regs. Not much chance of untoward, long term adverse reactions...

DF
Yup, that's just what we need to do, is to give police departments the vague right to torture people as they see fit- Fits right in with the constitution. And, there should be no problem since the police never abuse their authority, right?
Why call it "botched"?..
they die in the end,so they suffer a bit,what about the people they killed or raped.....
If 'they' want quicker deaths just drop the convicts off at a VA hospital.
That would be more certain than quick. They'll die in the waiting room.
You miss the point entirely, Royce. The argument is that the chemicals being used are increasingly hard to obtain, inefficient, possibly agonizing, and therefore may fall under the prohibited heading of "cruel."

Nighthawk and I suggest an easily obtained, highly efficient, and reputedly pleasant drug in their stead.

If you want to discuss the death penalty in general, lethal injection in particular, or whether the police have too much power, that's a different horse to flog. (The police don't do executions, btw. The prison system does.)
Originally Posted by KFWA
we should let more of 'em keep their belts and shoe laces when we put them in solitary.

YES ... in fact give them a piece of rope and let the problem take care of itself.
Reminds me of a conversation I had with an engineer that works where my wife works. He happens to be a non-Muslim from Qatar. He tell me when he was young and growing up in his homeland, when someone got caught stealing, they would chop his hand off...publicly. He said when someone was convicted of murder or rape, they held a public beheading. He claims he witnessed numerous heads rolling around on "the courthouse lawn". They didn't wait years to do it either...more like days.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Reminds me of a conversation I had with an engineer that works where my wife works. He happens to be a non-Muslim from Qatar. He tell me when he was young and growing up in his homeland, when someone got caught stealing, they would chop his hand off...publicly. He said when someone was convicted of murder or rape, they held a public beheading. He claims he witnessed numerous heads rolling around on "the courthouse lawn". They didn't wait years to do it either...more like days.

Efficient, no doubt.

I sure don't advocate living under Sharia Law, but execution is execution, not some P.C. game.

DF
there was quite an article on this execution in today's paper locally.
It would seem he was knocked out rather quickly to the point of being brain dead, the fact the rest of his body took a little while offended the squeamish.
The daughter of one of the victims said it pretty well, this pukes death was nothing compared to what he did to my family.
I didn't know it till today, but there is a museum at florence where these things are conducted, four ropes on display used to hang various people.
An expert anesthesiologist said today that the execution did not sound botched at all. It was just a typical out come for the drug combination.
Originally Posted by Hotload
Took 2 hours to put down a murderer in Arizona. They should do them all that way. That SOB had it coming.

Is he dead?

If so

Sounds like it worked

Snake
Originally Posted by old_willys
He went on to say that the amount of the midazolam and hydromorphone used would quickly put the murdered in a coma and would not feel pain. He added that in the ER he has seen bodies gasp for air long after the heart has stopped and it is spinal column reflex action. It can happen well after being declared dead.

Still, there are better drugs to use. They could use midazolam (Versed) to put em' to sleep, Pavulon or Norcuron (skeletal muscle paralytics) to paralyze their muscles of respiration, and potassium chloride to stop the heart.
Which drugs are the prisons having problems acquiring...?
Don't forget about Propofol, Michael Jackson's favorite...

They could probably find ample supplies of heroin or cocaine INSIDE the prison.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
They could probably find ample supplies of heroin or cocaine INSIDE the prison.

Nah, not FDA approved...

Although known to work, just not Kosher...

DF
FDA approved gets me, like we need to worry about continuing health problems.

Supply has been a problem because pharmaceutical companies don't want the bad PR from the more fanatical anti-death penalty crowd. As I understand it the European manufacturers won't sell drugs to be used in an execution. I believe the drugs used in the "botched" execution are undisclosed by law for that reason.

What better than a narcotic - heroin - to fall into the arms of Morpheus forever?
Just OD him on morphine.
Originally Posted by conrad101st
Just OD him on morphine.

They OD'd him on Dilaudid (they used Versed too)...took a good while evidently.
I agree. FDA approval would mean whatever they are using is not dangerous. IT'S A FRICKING EXECUTION, MORONS!

Ditto the requirement to use sterilized needles. HUH?

Gov Brewer ought to declare (by "executive action" - how's that for both a stick in the eye to Obama AND a delicious pun!) that henceforth all executions in Arizona will use narcotic overdoses.
An influential federal appeals court judge sitting on the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, appointed in 1985 by President Reagan... has had enough and is fed up with the current capital punishment system. Publicly saying that we should go back to the firing squad and stop trying to mask or disguise the brutal nature of capital punishment! Saying that the guillotine is another fool proof method, but doesn't think the public would be willing to go that far. But that while he supports the death penalty, we should not be using drugs meant for individuals with medical needs to carry out executions trying to make executions look serene and beautiful, like something any one of us might experience in our final moments!

Phil
Go back up to Antlers post.

There's nothing needed to off a condemed criminal that's not easily available on the market. I'd probably push Propofol rather than Versed, but either one will work. His recipe for the other two drugs is spot on and will do the job, efficiently.

And if they can't get a physician to figure it out due to the oath, etc., find a pharmaceutical professor or biochemist to figure out doses, etc. This ain't exactly rocket science, just pharmacology 101 with some elementary physiology thrown in. This stuff is used routinely in animal labs. The warden with a laptop could figure it out.

DF
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Just snuff em.

So, Carol O'Conner's argument is that it is "torture" and thus "cruel and unusual" punishment to impose death since the receipient of the death penalty is aware of his penalty and must await his execution. Just one more example of why I hate Hollywood and everything associated with it.
© 24hourcampfire