Home
http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/5-happiest-cities-in-u-s-all-in-1-state/
Been around just a bit - something suspicious about that "study" and the outcomes.
Not surprised by this bit in the article,

�Nearly all of the unhappiest places in the nation lean heavily Democratic when it comes to voting,� noted Caroline Schaeffer of the Independent Journal Review.
Specifically, the list-toppers are Lafayette, Houma, Shreveport-Bossier City, Baton Rouge and Alexandria.

Baton Rouge. Population 230,000, 54% black, 66 murders in 2012.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Baton-Rouge-Louisiana.html

Shreveport. Population 202,000, 56% black, 17 murders in 2012.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Shreveport-Louisiana.html

Alexandria. Population 48,000, 60% black, 9 murders in 2012

http://www.city-data.com/city/Alexandria-Louisiana.html

I'll think I'll just stay right here in My Old Kentucky Home.
"""happy and in a city"" 2 words that can't go together...... whats next a black man in the white house ?
Might suggest the quality of the study but Kentucky while it does seem seem to favor democratic governors almost always is a red state in national politics something the lady should have realized with even minor fact checking.
Cajun country. They have a good attitude toward life. Work hard and party hard, hunt and fish.

Good formula for happiness.

Paul
As far as "down south" cities, Auburn, Alabama sounds like a "happy" place to be.

Population, 57,000. 73% white. Averages about 3 murders a year. Much below the national average in crime statistics.
another meaningless report. Once you start adjusting for this and that, you could call Hell the happiest place.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida made the top ten. Looks like a little beach town way out on the panhandle near Mobile, Alabama.
This commercial brought to you by the Louisiana Chamber of Commerce. wink
Those folks in Louisiana are more blissfully ignorant than happily sentient. laugh

As long as I'm happy, the rest of the city can suit themself.
I lived in Houma for 4 years, makes sense to me. Hard to not love being in that area, unless of course you're a [bleep] Yankee than you're not happy anywhere.

I think it's all those meals they eat at McDonald's.
I've spent some time in Louisiana. Makes sense to me, dumb and happy seem to go together.
I see my hometown, Erie, Pa, on the "unhappiest" list. Probably has something to do with a population over 100,000 - and only one job!!!
According to a working paper from researchers at Harvard University and the University of British Columbia...

Automatic DSQ. Dumb azz topic upon which to develop a 'paper'. CO not handicapped...of course they are happy. So were Cheech and Chong.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
As far as "down south" cities, Auburn, Alabama sounds like a "happy" place to be.

Population, 57,000. 73% white. Averages about 3 murders a year. Much below the national average in crime statistics.

There'd be fewer murders than that if'n Bama fans would stay out. wink
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I've spent some time in Louisiana. Makes sense to me, dumb and happy seem to go together.

Yea, they ain't got near the smarts as those along the I5 corridor. TFF
puhleeze. i lived in bossier city for 2 1/2 years. ain't nothing to be happy about there.
Specifically, the list-toppers are Lafayette, Houma, Shreveport-Bossier City, Baton Rouge and Alexandria.

Baton Rouge. Population 230,000, 54% black, 66 murders in 2012.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Baton-Rouge-Louisiana.html

Shreveport. Population 202,000, 56% black, 17 murders in 2012.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Shreveport-Louisiana.html

Alexandria. Population 48,000, 60% black, 9 murders in 2012

http://www.city-data.com/city/Alexandria-Louisiana.html

I'll think I'll just stay right here in My Old Kentucky Home.

Holy crap!

Sweden has about 9.7 million people, and exactly 62 murders in the same year.

John
Originally Posted by jpb

Holy crap!

John

How many blacks you have there, John? wink
"Humans are quite understandably willing to sacrifice both happiness and life satisfaction if the price is right. � Indeed, the residents of unhappier metropolitan areas today do receive higher real wages � presumably as compensation for their misery.�
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Teeth as well.
Originally Posted by Paul39
Cajun country. They have a good attitude toward life. Work hard and party hard, hunt and fish.

Good formula for happiness.

Paul

Gumbo and Zydeco

Cow pastures and trailer parks
Originally Posted by atvalaska
"""happy and in a city"" 2 words that can't go together...... whats next a black man in the white house ?

LMAO...
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Fort Walton Beach, Florida made the top ten. Looks like a little beach town way out on the panhandle near Mobile, Alabama.

How can you be in N. Florida and not know where Ft. Walton is?

We are very unhappy here near the beach in S. Alabama. No fishing, hunting, golfing, shopping or world class seafood to be found around here. 97% white and 1 murder last year.
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick

How can you be in N. Florida and not know where Ft. Walton is?

We are very unhappy here near the beach in S. Alabama. No fishing, hunting, golfing, shopping or world class seafood to be found around here. 97% white and 1 murder last year.
I'm on my way. laugh

Teeth as well.

I very much enjoyed my 4 years in NW Lousiana. Great people, lots to do. Contrast that with the 2 years of living up and down the PNW coast...land of dope smoking, liberal dumazzzes.
Originally Posted by jpb
Holy crap!

John

Which state is Sweden in?

Travis
"�Nearly all of the unhappiest places in the nation lean heavily Democratic when it comes to voting,� noted Caroline Schaeffer of the Independent Journal Review."

Does this surprise anyone??
I lived in Houma for 4 years, makes sense to me. Hard to not love being in that area, unless of course you're a [bleep] Yankee than you're not happy anywhere.

I was pretty unhappy sailing on the Grand Traverse Bay last week....but if you meant democrats then I'm with you.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by jpb

Holy crap!

John

How many blacks you have there, John? wink

Sweden is being ruined by Muslim immigration.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Sweden is being ruined by Muslim immigration.

Holy balls!

Talk about the pot and the fuggin' kettle.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jpb
Holy crap!

John

Which state is Sweden in?

Dat's in Minnesotah!

Holy balls!

Travis

You got that right. Here's the new face of Sweden and Minnasoduh.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
another meaningless report. Once you start adjusting for this and that, you could call Hell the happiest place.

Especially with all them women running it. laugh
Better separate rural Minnesota from the Twin Cities area. My town of 15,000 people just took some heat for being the whitest in America for its size. 99+ % white. Way less than 1 murder per year. Lakes galore, hunting, fishing, winters just cool enough to keep the southern riffraff out, it is God's country! I think I will stay here rather than move down there! But i certainly encourage others to move down there. whistle
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Holy balls!

Travis

You got that right. Here's the new face of Sweden and Minnasoduh.

Why the hell Sweden would allow black Muslims into their beautiful country is beyond me but then why do Americans allow Hispanics into our beautiful country. I guess politicians are a POS no matter where they hail from.
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Why the hell Sweden would allow black Muslims into their beautiful country is beyond me but then why do Americans allow Hispanics into our beautiful country. I guess politicians are a POS no matter where they hail from.

Originally Posted by CCCC
Been around just a bit - something suspicious about that "study" and the outcomes.

I can tell you what part of it is paul, look at that "blue" connotating happy happy in arizona, say navajo rez?
right, sure thing.
Originally Posted by jpb

Holy crap!

John

66 murders a year in a city of 230,000 is a bit on the high side, but it's "ho-hum" compared to many cities in America.

New Orleans, Population 370,000, 60% black, 193 murders in 2012,...and things have gotten better. New Orleans had 274 murders in 2003.

Highest murder rate per capita in the U.S.

http://www.city-data.com/city/New-Orleans-Louisiana.html

Originally Posted by derby_dude

Pure evil, synagogue of Satan.
If you eliminate murders committed by blacks, the US has one of the lowest murder rates in the world.
"Gumbo, Geaux-Geaux, and Fais Deaux-Deaux"! grin

C,mon Guys! Louisiana according to the "experts" ranks almost last in every other category. Give us a break!

I'm from there and could not wait to get the F%^K out.
If you eliminate murders committed by blacks, the US has one of the lowest murder rates in the world.

And eliminate murders committed by guns it would be really low as well.
Originally Posted by LostHighway

And eliminate murders committed by guns it would be really low as well.
Actually not. There are many murders committed without guns.

PS I assume you meant with gun, rather than by guns, as guns cannot commit murder.

Isn't LA also the fattest state?
Be fat, be happy?
Originally Posted by 308ragincajun

C,mon Guys! Louisiana according to the "experts" ranks almost last in every other category. Give us a break!

You forgot Geaux Tigers. Had I decided to relocate within Louisiana, it would have been Lafayette. But, I decided that it was better to go from a state that was in the bottom five in all the good stuff and the top five in all the bad stuff to a state that was in the top five in all the good stuff and the bottom five in all the bad stuff. It was the second best decision I made in my life. (The first was picking a good life partner.) I don't miss the state at all, and I cannot imagine what the people who did that study were smoking.
Originally Posted by 308ragincajun

My sister and bil are raising six children in Baton Rouge. Y'all need all the breaks you can catch! I'm sure hoping the cooking is rubbing off on my sis. She couldn't boil water when she left Alabama. grin
© 24hourcampfire