Home
Posted By: eyeball Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
http://www.chron.com/homes/article/Waggoner-Ranch-among-US-largest-listed-for-sale-5681217.php
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
Wow.

510,000 acres.......

"The Waggoner Ranch is the largest contiguous ranch in the United States."

725 million dollars.........

About 1/3 of what that moron just paid for the Clippers!
Posted By: eyeball Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
Yep, kind of un fuggin real.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
They were the first to use helicopters for roundup.

Family can't agree so cashing out. Off to the French Riviera I suppose.

797 sq. miles, give or take.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
I guess you just can't put a price on seeing a bunch of jun gle bunnies putting a ball in a hoop.

My Dad always said that when he was a young man they wouldn't have gone to the stadium to see an African lay a gold egg. My how times have changed.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
Only $1421 an acre?

Steal!

Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
Would be a sweet commission for the broker if he got the standard 3% as the seller. Retire off of one sale. Giddyup!
Posted By: pira114 Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
The real question is who will buy it.... .

Some foreign interest I'm sure
I wonder if the mineral rights convey with the sale.

Why don't we all chip in and create the Campfire Ranch and Hunting Preserve?

I'll start and throw in a thousand dollars. Heck we only need 724,999 more people at $ 1K a piece right?

Next?
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Wow.

510,000 acres.......

"The Waggoner Ranch is the largest contiguous ranch in the United States."

725 million dollars.........

About 1/3 of what that moron just paid for the Clippers!

Vermejo is 588,000 acres and all contiguous....hmm...
Posted By: smithwr Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
42% of the minerals convey. I lease 3000 acres in the area, That Waggoner is an impressive spread.

42% of 675,000 barrels a year aint nothing to sneeze at.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
What is amazing is that with over half a million acres, the families involved can't find a corner somewhere and be happy on it... Proof positive that greed and family infighting is more destructive than any outside influence.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
Fella might not need a backstop for the shooting range there.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
Will someone loan me a dime?

I want to call the broker, and make an offer.
We have the same sort of thing going on with a few large family ranches here in Florida. Half the heirs want to cash out and live the life of their choosing and half want to keep the lifestyle and the legacy. Its a shame for the ones who want to stay on but its very difficult to buy out the ones that want their money. The ranch I hunt on leased their land for conservation. Not sure how it worked exactly but They got enough money from the deal to pay off the ones that wanted out and the ones that wanted to stay are able to ranch and hunt. But they cannot sell the land or develop it. They seem quite happy with the arrangement.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
if i put 20% down, whats my payment on a 3.5% 30 year fixed? and will the seller pay the points?

and does anyone know where i can get 350000000 NO Trespassing signs?
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
Kinko's?
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
What is amazing is that with over half a million acres, the families involved can't find a corner somewhere and be happy on it... Proof positive that greed and family infighting is more destructive than any outside influence.

This is so true and no family is exempt from it.
I've actually been on and around the Wagoner ranch as It's not far from where I was raised in OK.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
Originally Posted by pira114
The real question is who will buy it.... .

Some foreign interest I'm sure

Chinese.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Don't be so critical, attorney's and do nothing realtors gotta make a living too. wink
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
42% x 675,000 (barrels per year) = 283,500 x $75 (dollars per barrel) = $21,262,500 (per year in oil revenue)

$725,000,000 / $21,262,500 = 34.09

Heck the oil alone will pay for the place in 35 years, and just think of all the other advantages.

Always have a new place to hunt... every day for the rest of your life! grin
Posted By: Docbill Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
This sale has been brewing for a LONG time. At one time the two families had offices in the same building. They refused to talk to each other and would only communicate via FedEx envelopes sent from one end of the building to the other. They deserve whatever hell they end up in for potentially destroying such a piece of property. Ego is a destroyer of worlds.

The King Ranch family has kept it together by having hired professional management run the operating company and everyone gets disbursments. At least as I understand it, business/money decisions get made rationally and family issues stay in the background as stock holders in the operating company.
Posted By: JTPinTX Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
I drive through the Waggoner going to Seymour, where my parents were raised. The only reason that land is worth that much per acre is the oil. It is rough, hard scrabble country. Lots of game out there though, deer, hogs, javalinas. Red dirt, mesas, and lots of juniper. Beautiful, but rough. There is a reason they used helicopters for round up.

Really a shame they can't come together and keep the family legacy going there. That is the way a lot of those deals go after several generations though.
Posted By: okie Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
WT Waggoner
Posted By: okie Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
I have been in and around it too. A rough piece of turf. One hell of a horse program.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
How big is the 6666 ranch? I know driving past it on Hwy 114 it seems like you see their fences for a half hour, or longer.
Posted By: JGray Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
Originally Posted by rem141r
if i put 20% down, whats my payment on a 3.5% 30 year fixed? and will the seller pay the points?

and does anyone know where i can get 350000000 NO Trespassing signs?

Since you asked - $2,604,459.19/mo (plus taxes and insurance) grin
Posted By: HTDUCK Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
How big is the 6666 ranch? I know driving past it on Hwy 114 it seems like you see their fences for a half hour, or longer.

It's 275,000 acres.
The Dime Box ranch out there on 114 has gotta be huge too.
If I remember right I reset my trip odometer when I hit the headquarters sign headed west to Lubbock and passed the other end of it 26 miles later ?
Posted By: SansSouci Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
I'm waitin' for either Mustang Ranch or Bunny Range to hit the market. I've always wanted to raise me a stable of fillies.
Posted By: smithwr Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
Originally Posted by HTDUCK
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

It's 275,000 acres.
The Dime Box ranch out there on 114 has gotta be huge too.
If I remember right I reset my trip odometer when I hit the headquarters sign headed west to Lubbock and passed the other end of it 26 miles later ?

Theres some big chunks of land around this state. The Rocker B north of Big Lake is 28x18 miles. All land and minerals donated to Scottish Rite Hospital. Ive been out there working and all the well names are the "SRH ####"
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
I remember Texas Tech has a Ranching Heritage Museum, that I visited as a boy. In the museum was a pretty nice windmill (possibly from the Four 6's). The guides told us the ranch donated it to the museum, because one of the grand old ladies of the ranch insisted on climbing the windmill every day to oil the gears, and her family was afraid she'd fall off it someday smile

IIRC the Four 6's got its name, because it was won in a card game?

All of that Texas ranching country was settled by some optimistic, hardworking people. Most of the land really isn't easy to work or ranch. They left interesting stories behind them. The ones that were lucky & hardworking enough to hold land long enough for the oil booms to hit then acquired a lot of money, and eventually influence.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
Not to mention it was Comanche country.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
The YO Ranch used to be as big as the Waggoner place.

The Legend

Land leaves its imprints upon the people who care for it, manage it, live on it and love it, just as surely as these people leave their mark on the land. Nowhere can this be seen more clearly than deep in the tree-studded, canyon-broken heart of the Texas Hill Country where the Y.O. Ranch has permanently branded six generations of the Schreiner family and those same hard-working folks have left their indelible prints on the Y.O.

This legendary ranch sprang from a young man�s dream and his single-minded determination. In 1852, at the age of 14, Charles A. Schreiner became the man of the family. At 18, he staked his first claim in the rugged country that had claimed his heart. In the Civil War�s aftermath, Captain Schreiner, using rangy Texas Longhorns as a foundation, began amassing an empire that included banks, retail stores and 566,000 acres of ranchland. In 1914, he chose to divide his holdings among his eight children.

In the division, his youngest son, Walter received 69,000 acres located 40 miles west of Kerrville. The Y.O. had been owned by the Schreiner family since 1880 when Captain Schreiner purchased the land, the cattle and the Y.O. brand they wore on their ribs. With the ranch came the responsibility of the Schreiner legacy.

Walter embraced his heritage, capably managing the ranch through the tumult of World War I, the Roaring 20s, and the onset of the Great Depression. Upon his death in 1933, his wife Myrtle, with her young son, Charlie III, by her side took up the Schreiner mantle of stewardship. She learned the ranching business quickly,

earning a reputation as a savvy businesswoman. In fact, she was the first Texas rancher to lease land for hunting, a practice that diversified the income of ranches across the state. Diversification helped the traditional ranch survive the drought that ravaged Texas for seven years in the 1950s.

When Charlie III took the reins in the early 1950s, he reached back into history to further diversify the ranch by establishing a registry for Texas Longhorns and bringing the legendary breed back from the brink of extinction. He also introduced exotic wildlife to the Y.O., proving that the animals could thrive outside their native homelands and creating another lucrative enterprise for Texas� landowners.

Louie Schreiner assumed the helm of the Y.O. in the late 1980s, earning it the reputation, world-wide, as �America�s Original Game Ranch.��

Today, the visionary, entrepreneurial spirit that shaped this land is still evident. The current generation � all *19 family members led by Managing Partner Charlie IV � is setting new standards in recreation, outdoor adventure and hospitality. The Y.O. Ranch is their home and they proudly share their legacy with the world.

*Charles Schreiner IV and his wife Mary Helen, their daughters Tiffany Schreiner, her daughter Harper Schreiner, Tessa and Tyndal; Walter Schreiner and his wife Teri, their daughters Catherine, Aimee and son Tres; Gus Schreiner and his wife Lori, their daughters Audrey and Gazelle; Chrisie Schreiner and her sons Griffin, Bobby and Luke.

Sadly, now the remaining remnants of the ranch are for sale as well.

29,000 acres is all there is left of it.

$85 million.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...lion-Storied-exotic-YO-Ranch-4753396.php

Posted By: JimH Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
To put it in perspective,725,000,000 in 100 dollar bills would make a stack over 800 yards tall!
Q Creek Ranch in Wyoming is 540,000 contiguous acres...
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
I'd love to get in on owning that. Life would be fun, at least.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
I'll take it!

PM me.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Q Creek Ranch in Wyoming is 540,000 contiguous acres...

When I worked on the Bolton, it was the biggest contiguous in WYO.
Did you see they are building a massive wind farm out on the Bolton?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
haven't been back since the 80's.....
Posted By: Nortex Re: Waggoner Ranch For Sale - 08/13/14
What's wild is the hunting operation it could have. There is one trap that gets hunted by a handful of people and that's it.
© 24hourcampfire