Home
Posted By: kaboku68 Moo Cow is ticking me off! - 08/16/14
I don't post much. However, Today I learned as a teacher who has tried to help kids my entire career, the newest federal rule bans anything kind of food that is not approved as being a healthy choice.

Michelle Obama has steered an executive action as part of the money that goes for school lunches to prohibit bake sales, classroom celebrations, vending machines and even teachers giving students staples like raimen noodles when their parents don't feed them. Schools that are found to violate this lose their school lunch program. So I can get written up professionally for providing my poor students or student to might have a temporary emergency some food because it is not part of their USDA nutrition program.

I hope every teacher in the country joins me and votes the Democreeps out.

Sincerely,
Thomas
I feel your pain, but the vast amount of government teachers are liberals, and will always vote dhimmicrat.
Schools that are found to violate this lose their school lunch program.

I'm not sure why this isn't a state thing without any federal interference at all.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I feel your pain, but the vast amount of government teachers are liberals, and will always vote dhimmicrat.

Feel free to speak for Florida but there are plenty of Alaskan educators that are not so stupid. In fact there are some that are nearly rabidly the opposite.
Posted By: RWE Re: Moo Cow is ticking me off! - 08/16/14
Originally Posted by kaboku68

Michelle Obama has steered an executive action as part of the money that goes for school lunches to prohibit bake sales, classroom celebrations, vending machines and even teachers giving students staples like raimen noodles when their parents don't feed them. Schools that are found to violate this lose their school lunch program. So I can get written up professionally for providing my poor students or student to might have a temporary emergency some food because it is not

Can I get the executive order number or link to same? We provide back pack meals to schools kids through teachers that go to church with us.

If there is a compliance issue, I need to know.

And I would like to be able to shove this in a few folks faces as well.

Posted By: 4ager Re: Moo Cow is ticking me off! - 08/16/14
https://www.federalregister.gov/art...utrition-standards-for-all-foods-sold-in

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/2013-341030P.pdf
Posted By: viking Re: Moo Cow is ticking me off! - 08/16/14
The kool aid drinkers will still vote for the dems. I know some people, well that are very conservative in nature, but will vote dem.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Moo Cow is ticking me off! - 08/16/14
Now if gov would just stop covering stuff like Cheetos with EBT cards.....?
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Feel free to speak for Florida but there are plenty of Alaskan educators that are not so stupid. In fact there are some that are nearly rabidly the opposite.

I think I can speak for most of America, including the more and more liberal leaning Alaska.
For crap like this to take place, all of the teachers don't have to be liberal, just enough to take over the education unions, and to vote.
Most of NY State, for example is not 'liberal' outside of NYC, but they have the votes.
Posted By: RWE Re: Moo Cow is ticking me off! - 08/16/14

My brief perusal indicates this is for food "sold" in schools.

Of course, it wouldn't be a far stretch for them to say that anything distributed by an employee of the schools, even off the clock, is tantamount to endorsement of foods that don't meet the guidelines, if said food is moochelle negative.

.gov could f up a wet dream...
Posted By: 4ager Re: Moo Cow is ticking me off! - 08/16/14
Exactly.
The school lunch program over the last 5 years has been a total farce, and is just about Evidence #1 for gov't interference in the lives of common citizens.

It's sure been good though for making a lot of kids recognize that Big G doesn't really care about them one wit.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

I'm not sure why this isn't a state thing without any federal interference at all.

Because states can't turn down a dollar. Any all those federal dollars come with strings attached.
From one of the links....
"The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) is available to over 50 million children each school day; an average of 31.6 million children per day ate a reimbursable lunch in fiscal year (FY) 2012."

Every day 31.6 million kids have parents that suck.
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Because states can't turn down a dollar. Any all those federal dollars come with strings attached.

The answer to that Blue, is for the states to not send their money to the feds in the first place. If they collect and keep it. They wouldn't have to be coerced to get it back
Again, so many adults are just like teenagers.

Teens want all the perks of being an adult, but none of the responsibilities. They don't want mom and dad to tell them what to do.

It amazes me that SO many adults want the same from Government. They want Gov to give them things but not for the Gov to tell them what they can and can't do.

Truly amazing it is.
Every day 31.6 million kids have parents that suck. [/quote]

That's not totally accurate, there are plenty of folks who choose to eat the school free lunches rather than bring it from home.
It's cheaper that way. "Why should I pay for lunches when da gubermint hands it out for free"

Oh, wait they do suck....sorry you are right.
My son was commenting on how the optional food selections they have this year have changed for the worse: Chex Mix is tiny; no more Peace Tea options etc. I had to point out to him that Numero Un-no-no Woman had decided that the snacky-snacky stuff was being better acquired and consumed under the SNAP program. (Alright I didn't exactly get that detailed but.....)
This rule proposes to amend the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program regulations ......made in the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 (HHFKA). The HHFKA requires that the Secretary promulgate proposed regulations to establish nutrition standards for foods sold in schools other than those foods provided under the Child Nutrition Act of 1966 (CNA) and the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act (NSLA). The HHFKA amends the CNA, requiring that such standards shall be consistent with the most recent Dietary Guidelines for Americans .....and ...shall consider authoritative scientific recommendations for nutrition standards; existing school nutrition standards, including voluntary standards for beverages and snack foods; current State and local standards; ....; and special exemptions for infrequent school-sponsored fundraisers (other than fundraising through vending machines, school stores, snack bars, a la carte sales and any other exclusions determined by the Secretary).
Posted By: Stush Re: Moo Cow is ticking me off! - 08/27/14
This started going on here in our schools a few years ago.

First was the lunch offerings. It didn't affect mine because they always have a home packed lunch and didn't eat any of the school lunches anyhow. They have commented though about how much of the food served get thrown away by the kids since the changes.

Next was the elimination of any kind of "unhealthy" snacks are school functions - no candy allowed at even elementary school Valentine parties.

This year, they eliminated the use of any "unhealthy" items in any school related sales/fundraiser, etc. So the major source of funding for a lot of activities is gone. The kids can't sell candy bars, baked goods, pizzas, etc. At least not anywhere near the school. They even have a 30 minute rule that says that no items of this type can be delivered within 30 minutes of the start or end of the school day.

Its all absurd. The kids laugh at the stupidity, but it just goes marching on.

SMH

Most though just accept this crap blindly.
Posted By: Stush Re: Moo Cow is ticking me off! - 08/27/14
Originally Posted by Gremlin1104
and special exemptions for infrequent school-sponsored fundraisers (other than fundraising through vending machines, school stores, snack bars, a la carte sales and any other exclusions determined by the Secretary).

Not sure if that changed recently, but they just wiped out most of the fundraisers in our schools because of this crap.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Moo Cow is ticking me off! - 08/27/14
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I don't post much. However, Today I learned as a teacher who has tried to help kids my entire career, the newest federal rule bans anything kind of food that is not approved as being a healthy choice.

Michelle Obama has steered an executive action as part of the money that goes for school lunches to prohibit bake sales, classroom celebrations, vending machines and even teachers giving students staples like raimen noodles when their parents don't feed them. Schools that are found to violate this lose their school lunch program. So I can get written up professionally for providing my poor students or student to might have a temporary emergency some food because it is not part of their USDA nutrition program.

I hope every teacher in the country joins me and votes the Democreeps out.

Sincerely,
Thomas

Especially in your area... given on my own FREE time, and of my own will, and after that... PROVE I gave you anything...

Sometimes they call em mustangs....
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Moo Cow is ticking me off! - 08/27/14
You're saying the Baked goods and popcorn sales have been totally eliminated?

No more Popcorn at Basketball games?

Those fundraisers raise the income to pay our Referees.

Is this actually true?

When will it go in to effect?
Posted By: rem141r Re: Moo Cow is ticking me off! - 08/27/14
with all due respect, school is for learning, not eating. school breakfasts, pop and candy machines, give me a break. when i went to school we weren't even allowed to chew gum. we ate the slop they served us at noon and we drank the schitty water out of the water fountain. we all learned just fine and it didn't cost the taxpayers a cent. if a parent won't feed their breakfast, he'll damn sure eat that schitty lunch and love it. i know i did. my mom made me coco wheats for 12 years for breakfast and i quit eating it in about 6th grade. scarfed that soggy pizza and 16d fries every day at noon though. schools need to get out of the parenting business and back into the teaching business.

Plain and simple, CONTROL. Give out the money you control the receiver.

Same reason some parents keep giving their kids money after their grown.........
© 24hourcampfire