Home
So the wife (X2B) is giving me a permanent hall pass (Big D). We separated a few weeks back. IT's pretty amicable overall. So I rented a U-Haul so she could get all her stuff moved to our er I mean her place in MS. She would drive it over and I would come over next day in her car to retrieve said U-Haul and my stuff from MS. She promised to have it loaded and ready when I got there. Guess what? So what little I had there isn't loaded and ready. The deer stand is still on the tree 1/4 behind the house. She says you'll have to go get it. All I planned to do Sun was drive so I'm wearing shorts and sandals. Go get it yeah, right. I told she should have told me ahead of time and I could have been prepared. Told her NOT politely that she could keep it. (Insert 4 letter words of your choice here). So I load my chit and head back to AR - 5 hrs.
Get home bout 8:30, go in the house and crap it's warm in here. You guessed it.... The AC crapped out, on a weekend, in AR, in Aug. (Insert more 4 letter words of your choice here).

Only upside to the day was on the way over I swung by MSU and took my daughter, her roommate and a friend out to lunch.
Did you really REALLY expect a different reception?
+1

Sorry Mag,

We let them in, and hope for the best. Sometimes it dont work.

I hope it stays civil enough to come to a complete end.

Advice: any guns you have, have them go stay with a good friend until this is over, so if there is police involved for any reason in the process, you can say, nope,, no guns here,so they cant take them because shes on the payback tour..
Originally Posted by magshooter1
So the wife (X2B) is giving me a permanent hall pass (Big D). We separated a few weeks back. IT's pretty amicable overall. So I rented a U-Haul so she could get all her stuff moved to our er I mean her place in MS. She would drive it over and I would come over next day in her car to retrieve said U-Haul and my stuff from MS. She promised to have it loaded and ready when I got there. Guess what? So what little I had there isn't loaded and ready. The deer stand is still on the tree 1/4 behind the house. She says you'll have to go get it. All I planned to do Sun was drive so I'm wearing shorts and sandals. Go get it yeah, right. I told she should have told me ahead of time and I could have been prepared. Told her NOT politely that she could keep it. (Insert 4 letter words of your choice here). So I load my chit and head back to AR - 5 hrs.
Get home bout 8:30, go in the house and crap it's warm in here. You guessed it.... The AC crapped out, on a weekend, in AR, in Aug. (Insert more 4 letter words of your choice here).

Only upside to the day was on the way over I swung by MSU and took my daughter, her roommate and a friend out to lunch.

So, you lost a treestand and an A/C unit? Damn, that sucks. Yep, that's far worse that a friend who was killed on her way to work about 10 days before her wedding, and definitely worse than the weekend her fiance' and family had.

I do hope you survive the ordeal.
Sorry about your situation, but good luck in your new life and fresh start.
We've already been thru the gun thing. She get's hers, her dad's and I get mine and my family's. Course there ain't squat in the kitchen to cook with anymore. Took the good stuff and left me the crap as I expected. I got a dining room table; my grandmother's but no chairs; she bought them. Heck I noticed this morning she even took the POS kitchen clock. Just kinda chuckled to myself and went to work. Kitchen is pretty empty, took baking center and both sets of shelves plus the cabinet over the baking center. She did do me a small favor though. When she got her stuff our of our bathroom she gave it a thorough cleaning.

Sure is quiet now with her and her cat gone and daughter gone to college. Just me and the daughter's invisible cat. Think I'm gonna be a hunting and kayaking SOB this fall. In some ways I'm kinda relieved. Guess I didn't realize how tuff things had gotten between us.
Congratulations.And I don't mean that facetiously.
I'd have suspected most women couldn't handle a 4x4 deer blind in a tree in the back 40....

Best of luck, hope it all turns out ok.

The AC part sucks.

Its why we put a window unit in one bedroom window permanently.. runs off the wall receptacle OR the generator in the yard depending on the issue.
We've already been thru the gun thing. She get's hers, her dad's and I get mine and my family's. Course there ain't squat in the kitchen to cook with anymore. Took the good stuff and left me the crap as I expected. I got a dining room table; my grandmother's but no chairs; she bought them. Heck I noticed this morning she even took the POS kitchen clock. Just kinda chuckled to myself and went to work. Kitchen is pretty empty, took baking center and both sets of shelves plus the cabinet over the baking center. She did do me a small favor though. When she got her stuff our of our bathroom she gave it a thorough cleaning.

Sure is quiet now with her and her cat gone and daughter gone to college. Just me and the daughter's invisible cat. Think I'm gonna be a hunting and kayaking SOB this fall. In some ways I'm kinda relieved. Guess I didn't realize how tuff things had gotten between us.

I don't know either one of you but from my perspective you made out like a bandit. I know some of you have wives that you love dearly and I'm happy for all of you but I've never been in that position. I'd rather go through an IRS audit every day than live with another woman.
Sorry to hear this. 'Can't imagine too many of these splits go real smooth. As for re-equipping the kitchen hit a few garage sales, pick up some odds and ends, and then get the good stuff as time permits.
Her cousins (men) were supposed to come bring it in for her. Knowing her family I'm not surprised. With a couple of exceptions they are what typifies the northern perception of people from MS. And yeah, she was one of the exceptions. That bunch stays in a constant state of bliss (ignorance) and they personify fat, dumb and happy. I was shocked the first time I met the rest of her family. Thought maybe she was adopted or something. The men all marry CRAZY (crazier than normal) women and the women all marry LOSERS. As in they can get a good job they just won't keep a good job. Because it got in the way of something else they wanted to do. So the women end up supporting them. Not gonna miss that aspect of married life at all.

She got to keep the MS place free and clear. It was hers when we got married so I made no claim against it. I got to keep all my 401K. I will have to pay some 'spousal support' since she hadn't worked anything more than part time in over a year. That amount has yet to be determined. If all goes as we discussed it won't be too bad though.
Best of luck going forward!
not to pry, but in a nutshell, what happened in your marriage?
Sounds to me like you hit the fuggin' lottery the same day your AC went out.

Travis
At least you know what a Hall Pass is , things will get better .
Originally Posted by rem141r

We had some financial issues (on my end) but I always fixed them. We also had some communication issues (mostly on her end) that I couldn't fix. Apparently I was supposed to think like she did. Well we all know that no straight man is ever gonna be able to think like a woman. The old "if I ask you if something is wrong and you say nothing expect me to act like nothing is wrong". Basically we still love (just not "in love" anymore) each other we just couldn't live together anymore. All in all I can't complain. She was a good wife for most of the almost 13 years we had. In fact she was a better mother to my daughter than her own mother ever was. She is making my daughter her heir if that tells you anything.
Originally Posted by rem141r

We had some financial issues (on my end) but I always fixed them. We also had some communication issues (mostly on her end) that I couldn't fix. Apparently I was supposed to think like she did. Well we all know that no straight man is ever gonna be able to think like a woman. The old "if I ask you if something is wrong and you say nothing expect me to act like nothing is wrong". Basically we still love (just not "in love" anymore) each other we just couldn't live together anymore. All in all I can't complain. She was a good wife for most of the almost 13 years we had. In fact she was a better mother to my daughter than her own mother ever was. She is making my daughter her heir if that tells you anything.

Then, really, wtf are you b!tching about?
I think he is venting, have some compassion for God's sake?
i hear ya. thanks for sharing. pretty common theme in a lot of marriages. sounds like you two can be happily divorced. sometimes the 2nd time around is a charm. best of luck to you.
What does love have to do with it when it comes to marriage ?
Originally Posted by bea175
What does love have to do with it when it comes to marriage ?

laugh
Originally Posted by rost495

Its why we put a window unit in one bedroom window permanently.. runs off the wall receptacle OR the generator in the yard depending on the issue.

That is smart. I'm doing that on my next house and using a ductless/Mr Slim for the common area of the house next time.

I went through the same thing about a year ago. Mine was NOT amiable, I caught her fooling around when I was off at work and gave her the swift boot out the door. When it was all over she came in and took most of the kitchen stuff which she had originally brought with her into the marriage. Fortunately for me most of her stuff was junk so when she took all that crap I had a chance to upgrade most everything in the house. Most things around the house are much better quality now and there isn't hoarded Wal-mart chinese junk crammed into every nook and crannie. She got some of the furniture too, I replaced it all with much nicer stuff. Helping hint: craigslist is your friend, a little diligent watching will let you upgrade for cheap. It's amazing what people will sell for a little of nothing. I got a $4000 italian leather couch and loveseat in almost new condition for $400 from a woman who repainted her living room and the new color didn't match the couch.

Hunt and kayak your a$$ off my friend. I hunted like a madman last fall and killed three really nice bucks, had my best year ever.

It will be a drastic improvement, trust me.
This WAS the 2nd time around. 1st wife got 7 year itch and scratched it. Decided she liked him better than me. Divorced me in Aug. and married him in Dec. 20 months later she divorced him and started messing around with a married fellow. Don't think it happened in that order though. Couple years later he got divorced and they got married. Chitty part was she drug our daughter thru all that mess. Summer between 7th & 8th grade daughter came for the summer and told her mom she wasn't coming back. Dec. 2012 her real mom lost a 3 year battle to breast cancer. So the X2B is the only mom she has left. So yeah, I am encouraging my daughter to maintain a relationship with her if she wants to.
good move.

and a funny story to relay concerning "her stuff". i have a buddy who lives real rural and has some pretty colorful relatives. one couple he is related to lives in a trailer down the road from his place and he says he always knows when they are fighting because the refrigerator is on the front porch. that's what she brought into the marriage.
Sorry to hear about the AC. As to the divorce , free at last ! Free at last ! You're about to see the promised land ! Don't leave it this time .
Yeah, I don't see myself ever doing the marriage thing again. Although in few months I may need to find a "friend with benefits". I've said this for years and I'll say it again now.

Women are proof that God has a wicked sense of humor.
I went to put the trash out this morning. He!! she even took all the trash bags. That was actually good for a chuckle. I wonder what I'll find gone next.
When my ex left 26 years ago she even took the ice cube trays out of the refrigerator freezer compartment laugh
Originally Posted by eh76
When my ex left 26 years ago she even took the ice cube trays out of the refrigerator freezer compartment laugh

She did you a favor. I think mathman would agree.
What's the status on the AC?

Travis

Damn. That's cold.

Get it? Cold? Because of the ice trays?

Got you good on that one you Fugger!

Travis
Originally Posted by rost495

The AC part sucks.

We don't have a permanent install, but do have a small 110V window unit on hand for if the AC goes down or a power outage I can rig a generator up. Its been loaned out a handful of times over the last few years for those very reasons. A good investment of $150.
Originally Posted by deflave

Damn. That's cold.

Get it? Cold? Because of the ice trays?

Got you good on that one you Fugger!

Travis

laugh but I don't know why she needed them...if she uncrossed her legs the furnace would start eek
Divorce is tough for the period you go through it, but if you are like me and the kids are out of the house...... Man, that hall pass is nice.

The biggest difference in my life before and after "D" is that I was always neck deep in debt before, and I'm saving more money than I know how to spend after. It is just amazing how much money a woman can pizz away without a thought or care in the world...
Originally Posted by Dutch
It is just amazing how much money a woman can pizz away without a thought or care in the world...

He's gonna be shocked to learn how long a roll of toilet paper lasts...
AC is working fine now. New capacitor and new fan motor. Old motor would still run but, it was leaking oil, and since it was already pulled......

Yeah I am curious to see next month's water bill. With wife gone and daughter at college, it's just me. I'm betting electric, gas and water all drop significantly.
I got divorced shortly after the turn of the century.

Six months later I was diagnosed with cancer.

The Cancer treatment really sucked.
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
It is just amazing how much money a woman can pizz away without a thought or care in the world...

Hell, my EX even took the fugging toilet paper! Ain't that the shiitts wink

Probably the best thing that ever happened to me when I kicked her freeloading ass out!
My ex unplugged my deep freezer. It had a few deer cut and wrapped inside.

When I picked it up I almost UBER vomited in my garage. Holy fugg. Smelled like somebody stuffed five dead hookers in there six months back.

My buddy and I loaded it up and took it straight to the dump.

Travis

My ex unplugged my deep freezer. It had a few deer cut and wrapped inside.

When I picked it up I almost UBER vomited in my garage. Holy fugg. Smelled like somebody stuffed five dead hookers in there six months back.

My buddy and I loaded it up and took it straight to the dump.

Travis

I would have dropped it off for her...
It was the "interim" phase so she had the kids at that time. I wouldn't do that to them.

Also, the buy sell was signed on the house and I wasn't gonna leave that for the new family.

Fugg it. The dump is only three beers away anyhow.

Travis
Good plan then!
One of your Uber friends here kill more than needed and give them to ya? grin
Now that was cold!!!
Originally Posted by huntfish101
Now that was cold!!!

He's a cyber-bully.

I put him on ignore.

Travis

Dood,
you could've had an epic dog bait......or bear.
She thought she was helping.
Originally Posted by huntfish101
Now that was cold!!!

He's a cyber-bully.

I put him on ignore.

Travis

Ignore is the only good option you have when you're victimized.

I hope he didn't hurt your feelings too bad.

Hang in there. Time heals all wounds. smile
Sorry things went the way they did. Things should be going better now.
Hell, my EX even took the fugging toilet paper! Ain't that the shiitts

I have a friend that when his wife left she dug the roses out to the ground using a crowbar-stuck the crowbar in the ground with a sign on it that said, "if this damn thing blooms, I will be back for it." miles
Sounds to me like you hit the fuggin' lottery the same day your AC went out.

Travis

this made me actually laugh out loud. TFF
Originally Posted by milespatton
Hell, my EX even took the fugging toilet paper! Ain't that the shiitts

I have a friend that when his wife left she dug the roses out to the ground using a crowbar-stuck the crowbar in the ground with a sign on it that said, "if this damn thing blooms, I will be back for it." miles

"Hell Hath No Fury Like a Women Scorned"

Next time. Instead of getting hitched, I'm just gonna find some woman I REALLY Hate and buy her a new house wink
If I'da just killed her when I met her, I'd be out by now.....
Originally Posted by huntsman22
If I'da just killed her when I met her, I'd be out by now.....

Yeah, but you'd think your name was 'hey b!tch.'
Yeah, I don't see myself ever doing the marriage thing again. Although in few months I may need to find a "friend with benefits". I've said this for years and I'll say it again now.

It seems like she might make a good FWB. Outta state booty call and then back to neutral corners. Just reminder her when you are together that you don't try to communicate.
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Yeah, I swear sometimes someones eating the TP around here. When my wife was potty training my kids I told her her hand looked like a white first basemans glove. I finally got her to understand why the she clogs the toilet and I don't.
Originally Posted by smarquez

It seems like she might make a good FWB. Outta state booty call and then back to neutral corners. Just reminder her when you are together that you don't try to communicate.

Ah, NO
© 24hourcampfire