Home
Click on a County to see what they got.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/08/15/us/surplus-military-equipment-map.html?_r=2
208 night vision pieces
114 assault rifles
4 helicopters
1 plane
1 mine resistant vehicle

Not bad for the largest county in the U.S., hell check out Los Angeles County...

Phil

440 ass weapons for a County of 400K?
Originally Posted by wildbill59

Too many, or not enough?
i wonder what they are calling "armored vehicle" i know they have a humvee they got from the MT national guard and a tracked snow vehicle from i forget where....neither are really armored
Don't know how current that is. It shows my county with nothing. But I know our Sheriff's dept. recently got 2 Hummers that are designated for our SAR team to use.
We got screwed - 14 rifles and 3 pieces of body armor. At the very least we should have got a truck load of RPG's for stopping drivers who are texting.
I see one county here that got only 1 mine resistant vehicle. In all honesty, though, they do have some Mexican gangs to deal with.

I love what Blaine County, ID got (that's the home of all the rich people in Sun Valley). They got a grenade launcher. Maybe they'll use it to clear avalanches.
Originally Posted by JMR40
Don't know how current that is. It shows my county with nothing. But I know our Sheriff's dept. recently got 2 Hummers that are designated for our SAR team to use.
the web page is dated today.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Originally Posted by wildbill59

Too many, or not enough?

Looking at cities with populations of 1-4 million that only request 150-200, ya.But they're free. Just like skool breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Guy that runs the Sheriff Dept. dock told me he went on vacation and they received a bunch of M4, 3 shot select. They sat on the dock for a couple of days unprotected with jail trustees running around.
I bet the NYT just pulled that information out of their azz.
I'm trying to figure out why Ventura County, CA needs almost 3300 night vision pieces. That's almost 4 times what LA county received.
Hiding it nearby...
3 pistols
2 assault rifles

. . . The average citizen has that hanging off the rack of their trucks.
© 24hourcampfire