Home
Boy, 12, dies after being shot with pellet gun

FROM STAFF REPORTS
PUBLISHED: AUGUST 21, 2014

McALESTER � A 12-year-old boy died Saturday after being shot in the head with a pellet gun the day before.

Justin Ingle, 12, was taken Friday to a McAlester hospital after being shot, and was flown to a Tulsa hospital where he died.

�Two boys were playing with a high-powered pellet gun, and one boy pulled the trigger and hit the other in the head,� Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns said.

Ingle's mother was at home when the shooting happened but was in another room, Kerns said. She rushed the boy to the hospital in her own car after he was shot.

Kerns said investigators believe the shooting was accidental.

Services for Ingle will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Life Church, 1300 S George Nigh Expressway.
Damn..
My parents never let me own a BB gun, or a pellet gun. I got a .22 instead.
They never wanted us to think guns were toys...
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk

Same here.

That shooting does not sound accidental to me. The one boy pointed a loaded gun at the other boy's head and pulled the trigger. How is that an accident?
If the trigger was pulled, it was not accidental.
Some of those guns hit like a 22
Originally Posted by cutNshoot

Some hit a lot harder than a .22

my parents said the same.....but i also almost lost one of my older cousins that was crossing a fence with one and managed to get himself shot in the gut.....wound up phuggin him up pretty good for a good while
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by cutNshoot

Some hit a lot harder than a .22

Somewhere on YouTube there's a video of a guy killing a wild pig with a 45-caliber air rifle. On the high-speed video you can see the slug go clear through.
Damn not a Red Ryder for sure.
Damn.
A terrible thing all around
No winners in a case like this. Family lost a son, young boy has to live with his decision the rest of his life. Neither one is good.

Then again, a responsible parent can teach their children how to safely handle firearms by starting them out with a pellet gun under adult supervision.

Sad to say unsupervised kids fooling around with pellet guns and firearms have been maiming and killing each other for decades.
© 24hourcampfire