Home
Posted By: heavywalker Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
I get a call from a guy at work yesterday. He is the lone liberal in the office. He was in town driving home for lunch and had ran out of gas and needed me to go help him.

My first thought is how in the fugg do you run out of gas in the middle of town where there is a gas station at the corner of damn near every intersection?

Well I go get the truck and pick him up and take him to the nearest gas station about 2 blocks away, he could have easily walked there but being a lazy fugging liberal that was obviously to much work.

On the way to the gas station he explains how he ran out of gas buy telling me, "I don't know what happened, I can usually go way below the "E" without running out of gas."

So question, is it common practice to let your gas gauge to way below empty before you decide to fill up? Am I missing something?
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
Yea, you picked him up.
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
Just like feeding a stray cat. He is your liberal now.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
The top half of the tank is as easy to keep full as the bottom half of the tank. wink

I would have made him wait quite a while at the very least.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
i get an eye twitch below 1/8 tank so no.
It takes a village....
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
Yeah, I know, I fugged up going to get him, should have made him fend for himself and learn a lesson. A moment of weakness for sure.
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

laugh laugh
Posted By: T LEE Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
Hell, I start looking to fill up when I hit half. If we a traveling I am in a near panic if it gets to a quarter of a tank.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14

TRUTH!
Posted By: RWE Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
Originally Posted by T LEE

TRUTH!

put a litter box in his office....

He make think that you're calling him a pussy, but that's OK too.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
Originally Posted by T LEE
Hell, I start looking to fill up when I hit half. If we a traveling I am in a near panic if it gets to a quarter of a tank.

+1
Posted By: ironbender Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
Won't be long now and his car won't start with a clogged filter after running the tank that low so often.

I'd bet he's just as bad with maintenance.
Posted By: okok Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
Sounds like this lib signs your pay check?
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
I run mine as low as I can ,(the challenge makes me feel good )that >and I got to be sure there is no chit in the tank ...that would leave me walking at 40 below
Originally Posted by okok
Sounds like this lib signs your pay check?

LOL, you are special aren't you.
Posted By: tpcollins Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yea, you picked him up.

Yup . . .
Hey, what's your take on the hawks this year, they seem to be as good or better on D and improved on O. Hoping they can stay healthy.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
I have noticed that those who have actual "conservative" impulses tend to keep things like a gas tank on the full side of half. It just goes along with their personality.

A liberal tends to live a lot freer, carefree life because they trust that someone (or govt) will always bail them out, when necessary.
Posted By: okok Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Hey, what's your take on the hawks this year, they seem to be as good or better on D and improved on O. Hoping they can stay healthy.

RePete! Nobody has the talent the Hawks have.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I have noticed that those who have actual "conservative" impulses tend to keep things like a gas tank on the full side of half. It just goes along with their personality.

A liberal tends to live a lot freer, carefree life because they trust that someone (or govt) will always bail them out, when necessary.

Akin to children that never grew up.
That would be cool, they looked really good last week, with about half of their starters still sitting out.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Liberal at Work - 08/21/14
That's one of the problems with those of us that sit on this side of the fence, we tend to take pity on those on the other side of the fence because we're "nice guys".

Time to change folks, if these jackasses want it this way by golly they can f*cking live it!

HW, it wasn't to long ago I would have done the same thing you did, now a days the POS could fend for himself. This may be because you are a nicer guy than I or it may be because I have grown tired of them before you did, I don't know, but I do know the SOB would have walked had he called me.
No nice liberals, period. Seen so many on here say 'JeffO is a nice guy' etc etc. The vote for Obama and the ilk they are the enemy, period. I didn't give a shiet if he hunts, which actually makes it worse.

© 24hourcampfire