Home
He is loving this project. Lots of work, and I have to run the chainsaw and lift the heavy stuff, but he and his brother are doing the lions share.

Link:
http://rmefyouthblog.blogspot.com/

I can't wait to hunt with him this fall.

Cool stuff here, good on you.
That is cool SS, will you guys be using it as a hunting cabin?
Great post shortside! Kudos to you and your sons!
Does he need a log scribe ?
with him interested in stuff like that I can 100% guarantee he won't grow up to be a looter / rioter.

so many kids lack proper role models and the outdoors.

keep up the great work!
We are making due with what tools we can find/scrounge. I have a scribe that is not for logs, but is more of a compass that we are making work... sorta.

It is in our back yard against the mountain. He wants to move in when it is done. It will have 2 windows, a door, a loft for a bed and a small stove of some sort.

We are going to make the door of rough-cut lumber as well.
great project!
You are really getting' it done with that kid! Good on you! Very very few indeed will have the privilege of being raised like that one!
What a great opportunity for both of you! There's nothing like building something with your kid. Looks square and level. Will you be chinking it?

Way cool Sir.
A great job and a great kid. laugh
Awesome! Every outdoorsy kids wants to build a fort or cabin. Good for you guys making it happen.

You are making memories that will last a lifetime
Originally Posted by shortside
He is loving this project. Lots of work, and I have to run the chainsaw and lift the heavy stuff, but he and his brother are doing the lions share.

Link:
http://rmefyouthblog.blogspot.com/

I can't wait to hunt with him this fall.

Get him the book "One Man's Wilderness" to read. It is Dick Proeneke's story. PBS had the film on a long time ago. Great video.
We have watched the Dick Proeneke documentary a few times, and he really enjoys it. He reads a lot, so I will look into getting the the book as well.

We are going to go broke chinking this thing! No end to the work to get it done right. I hope to get the walls up in the next couple of weeks, but work, school, hunting, etc are getting in the way. I will post an update when significant progress is made.

We had to shoot steel silhouettes with 22's last night (in the yard), so no work got done on the cabin! Lots of fun!

All 3 of my kids make being a dad a lot of fun!
© 24hourcampfire