Home
Posted By: MColeman What am I overlooking here? - 08/27/14
Looking through Kittery Trading Post used guns I ran across two Marlin 39's in 85% condition. The cheapest was $1700+ and the other was $1800+. Has something gone crazy in the 39A market?
Folks is crazy. I bought a used 39A at wal-Mart 35 years ago. Mismatched barrel-reciever, wood didn't match. Paid $75 for it. Sold it to a happy camper this past November for $400.

Did I get screwed?
Posted By: P_Weed Re: What am I overlooking here? - 08/27/14

I think it's called 'inflation' - or is it 'infatuation' ?
Are 39A's really selling for that much money?
Depends on what they were and obviously condition but it seems prices for good condition shooters are up into the $500 range give or take and mostly give. Of course those are asking prices. Lots of asking prices in the $700 range and up.

But $1700? whistle
I bought one a few months ago that was easily 95% condition for $450 but the ones listed at Kittery were in 85% condition according to their description. One was $1875 and one was $1775.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: What am I overlooking here? - 08/27/14
Well it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they are. I've got a couple of 39M's, one from the 50's the other from the 60's. I think I could let them go for that much.
Are you sure they were 39A's? The 39 is fairly scarce, and nice ones are hard to find. The 39 if I recall had a color case-hardened receiver, while the 39A is blued. Just a thought.
© 24hourcampfire