Home
Posted By: seal_billy debbie cake - 08/29/14
I hadn't ate or even seen a jelly cream pie in years. Went to the store about a week ago and there they were. I remebered my dad liked them when I was a kid. Needless to say I bought a box and just ate the last one 2 minutes ago. I must say they are one of my favorites. A smidge below a oatmeal cream pie and ahead of a nutty bar by a hair. Chocolate covered cream pie with no raisins and a small dab of strawberry goo right in the middle, holy $hit batman them things are gooder-n-hell, I think they will be a new backpack item when hiking and camping.

Whats your favorite little debbie? Sorry but Im a bit burnt out on the political threads and bad news. Just wanted to bull$hit before I go to roost for the night. Happy thoughts. Lol.
Posted By: Calvin Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
Nutty bar was pretty good. Been decades..
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
The oatmeal creme pies were about the only Little Debbie snack I ever bought but they sure were good. Get a gallon of ice cold milk and I could run through a box of them pretty quickly. wink Moon pies were another favorite growing up, I forget who made them.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
I like the little chocolate cake thingy with the white iceing filling! I think they are called Swiss Cakes are something like that. Also like their Brownies
Posted By: add Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
Swiss rolls or zebra cakes for me.
Posted By: add Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Swiss rolls or zebra cakes for me.

That's it!!! Swiss Rolls! I'm addicted too them!
Posted By: seal_billy Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
Originally Posted by add

[Linked Image]

O heck yeah,,, hadn't seen those since I was about 13 and my wife found them at the grocery store about a year ago. Love'em
Posted By: tommyd53 Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
Drake's Coffee Cakes and Ring Dings at Mama Yak's store after soccer practice back in the late 60s and very early 70s. Thems was very good times. Very small town, USA.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
During a short phase of my like, I was positive Nutty Bars were part of the food pyramid,

Like as in, 2-3 servings per day.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
Grew up in "Nawlins"

...there were "Fried Pies" delivered to all the small groceries daily, a virtual compendium of flavors / fillings, and dependent on what was in season,...

I'm thinkin' of the Lemon creme, and the SWEET POTATO ones,...
flaky pastry crust, dipped in LOTS of crispy sugar.

I saw them come off the delivery truck still STEAMING in Winter.

Semper Coonass !

GTC
Posted By: nighthawk Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
Zebra cakes and oatmeal cream cookies. Caution! Easy to eat too many oatmeal cookies and with all that fiber, ohmygosh! shocked
Posted By: Rug3 Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
My thing was/is home made molasses cookies. I like them made with black strap best. Half dozen and a quart of fresh milk for dunkin and washin! Haven't had them in years but I'm tastin them right now.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scotty Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
I like the Swiss Cakes and the Peanut Butter Bars.
Posted By: Violator22 Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
I don't want snack cakes, I want little debbie...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
My GSP Jake and I split a Little Debbie Fancy Cake almost every night. It is almost a ritual.

Cross, there is a little country store near the farm we have leased that still offers fried peach, apple, or sweet tater pies. She even uses lard to make them. They are sinfully good.
Posted By: zr800 Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
Cosmic Brownie for me everyday for the last 11 years. I should've bought stock in that company and Coke a Cola, been my breakfast everyday...
Posted By: inland44 Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
Raspberry Zinngers, straight out of the freezer....
Posted By: T LEE Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
Fried Apple pies (Hostess IIRC) Oatmeal cream cookies and ORIGINAL Moon Pies, but you really need an RC Cola to enjoy the Moon pies to the fullest.
Posted By: slumlord Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
My former chief, his son is a production mgr at McKee Foods (little debbie) he would give us a heads up on retro runs or classic regional runs. Some interesting concoctions to roll out.

The zebra cakes were a fav yrs ago camping with the kids. Kept on ice even better.

I will add that the little debbie "honey bun" hands down is the absolute, sure-fire raccoon bait in traps. Even stubborn old sows hellbent for peaches&cream sweetcorn can't resist the Mckee honey bun. wink
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
Originally Posted by add
[Linked Image]

Ohhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh !
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
grindang time I sawe ya post agin Miss Lynn. If you did already, I musta missed it!! grin
Posted By: rem141r Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
round these parts, lots of little stores and diners have homemade Gobs, which are like little stuffed chocolate cakes with butter cream frosting inside. those are my favorite.
Posted By: KFWA Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
hostess cherry and peach pies - although the peach is hard to find, after that its Swiss Rolls - pretty good bargain really. A box for less than $2.

My dad used to buy those snowballs - I hated those damn things and now I realize that's why he'd buy them -so I wouldn't eat them and he'd have something to put in his lunch box!
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
Easter bunny cakes with the little candy rat turds on em. They are a tradition in our spring break hog hunting camp! No we don't use em for hogging bait although they would work most excellently!
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
grindang time I sawe ya post agin Miss Lynn. If you did already, I musta missed it!! grin

Good to be here ! grin

They sprung me, now I get to make many visits to many Doctors, who will examine me in many ways, JOY ! crazy

But I am home, and that is what counts. smile

Thank you for the kind words ! Nice to see your posts, your one of my absolute favorite gentlemen ! smile
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Originally Posted by add

[Linked Image]

O heck yeah,,, hadn't seen those since I was about 13 and my wife found them at the grocery store about a year ago. Love'em

I am a whore to all things sweet, but these were my go to fix. Well, in a Hostess brand. Hey, if you're going to be a snob about junk food brand matters!
Posted By: seal_billy Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
Originally Posted by inland44
Raspberry Zinngers, straight out of the freezer....

YEP but I have never had them out of the freezer.
Posted By: BossHawg Re: debbie cake - 08/29/14
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[Linked Image]

You suck! wink We haven't been able to buy Devil Dogs here in 20 years or more!!! cry

Devil Dog were my favorite childhood snack.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: debbie cake - 08/30/14
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[Linked Image]

You suck! wink We haven't been able to buy Devil Dogs here in 20 years or more!!! cry

Devil Dog were my favorite childhood snack.

The official snack cake of the USMC!
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: debbie cake - 08/30/14
Mrs Baird's Bakery used to make the. Devil Dogs here in N.Texas when I was a kid. I still get a craving for those things ever once in a while!
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: debbie cake - 08/30/14
I luv me some Fudge Rounds...
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: debbie cake - 08/30/14
Bob, do you have a Devil Dog tattoo ? My Uncle, who joined the Corp in 1967 for his "Senior Trip" to Vietnam, as he used to put it, came home with a Devil Dogs tattoo!
Unfortantly, he died about 6 years ago from a brain tumor. He attributed his tumor to Agent Orange. I still miss him as he was the one that taught me how to hunt and fish.

Anyhow, your Devil Dog USMC comment brought back some good memories for me.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: debbie cake - 08/30/14
No I ain't got no tats. Young son got all them.

I remember the Mrs. Baird's bakery close to downtown Ft. Worth from when I was a kid! Loved that smell!
Posted By: immature Re: debbie cake - 08/30/14
Oatmeal cookie (cake?)with peanut butter on it. A former coworker grew up close to the Little Debbie bakery. His mother would go to the bakery store and buy sacks of Debbie Cake "seconds" sold in bulk by the plastic bag. His favorite was also the oatmeal cookie. His mother would get big bags of them for practically nothing since they weren't pretty; didn't have enough filling, too much filling, halves put together crooked, broken, etc. I wonder if they still sell the "seconds" or do something else with them.
© 24hourcampfire