Home
I can handle the truth. Besides Gus, Bristoe and Barak wink how many of you guys have been to Burning Man? Just for the record, you'll never see me there.

Jordan
Jeff O spoke fondly of it.
Not me. But TV shows about it show a lot of nekkid chicks
Hell, I would go and check it out. Bonfires, parties, questionable sobriety, neked chicks? Why the fug not?
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Hell, I would go and check it out. Bonfires, parties, questionable sobriety, neked chicks? Why the fug not?

Pretty much the way I see it. A few friends have gone and say it's a blast.
You can see hot naked chicks at the Colorado River and miss the weirdo's and freaks.
Was one of my favorite summertime places for a lot of years. Of course back then if you knew where to go the skiing was fantastic, and you could drink beer all day, have lots of fun, and not get arrested.
Now the control freaks have ruined most if not of that, bastids!
If I had the time and inclination.....I'd go.

Looks like a hoot.
Looks like fun to me. When I was younger, I would have gone. I went to the Atlanta Pop Festival in 1970, very similar. Lots of nekkid girls and various mind altering substances.

However, a few years ago my neighbor went to Burning Man. He is an actor in New York City but he owns a log cabin near me here in the NC mountains.

I was recovering from some bad knee surgery and Tony came over to visit me the day he was leaving for Burning Man. He mentioned that his knee might also hurt out there in the desert so I gave him 8 of my big Vicodin pills, just in case.

He told me later that he had a great time, and the Vicodin came in handy.
How can it be better than dove huntin' or riding your horse or shooting your guns or being with your kids or...I mean REALLY....
Talk about some sticks in the mud.
Originally Posted by RobJordan
I can handle the truth. Besides Gus, Bristoe and Barak wink how many of you guys have been to Burning Man? Just for the record, you'll never see me there.

Jordan

"My pecker, as well as, any sense of new adventure and joy left me years ago..."
Vicodin, lol

I seen two off-duty EMTs from Buncomb County NC "scarface" couple fat white lines off of tailgate at a Lollapolooza.

It was a dry county. laugh

I like a nekid woman as much as the next guy, but (and yes, I am being a stereotypical, judgmental bastid here) I just don't care for the kind of folk I see going to Burning Man. They come through our town enroute. They strike me (quite universally) as people who contribute very little to society (takers more than givers---i.e., on welfare and smokin' dope for a living). Yes, I know there are successful businessmen and firefighters and teachers and doctors who attend. They don't strike me as the norm however. I saw a photo of one guy who had piercings up and down the entire length of his penis. What the &*%%$*? Who does that [bleep]? Who (having a job or family obligations) has time for that?
Scarfacing lines of Vicodin? Damn, I didn't know you could do that.

Well, that was years ago I had my knee surgery and I had a real big bottle of that stuff.
Sadly I am all out of the stuff. I can tell you that 2 Vicodins and a double gin and tonic with lime twist will make your knee stop hurting.
Originally Posted by Certifiable

Hell I'd go, it would be a hoot, looking at all the weird stuff they make/build.

Did you know money exchange is not allowed, everything is bartered/traded for.

Here's some pictures

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-festival-makes-Glasto-look-SO-tame.html
Here's a ton of pictures

http://www.google.com/search?q=burn...amp;bih=335&rlz=1Y1YYEK_enUS513US513
[bleep] hippies.
I must lead a sheltered life. I have never heard of Burning Man.
The last Burning Man I saw was crawling out of a tank!!
Be a blast to visit, wouldn't want to live there tho...
I had to look it up to see what the hell Burning Man was. No thanks, I'll skip it.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Scarfacing lines of Vicodin? Damn, I didn't know you could do that.

Well, that was years ago I had my knee surgery and I had a real big bottle of that stuff.
Sadly I am all out of the stuff. I can tell you that 2 Vicodins and a double gin and tonic with lime twist will make your knee stop hurting.
clarification: I was dimuning your vicodin buddy as 'tame'

The post i added was for presumably the real ya-yo

No, certainly a line of apap, binders, and vicodin would be harsh and subtractive of the use
Originally Posted by Calvin
He's the only one that I know of.
I don't even know what Burning Man is or means. I also have a feeling that I've not missed much.
Originally Posted by Calvin

That tells you all you need to know
I guess a woman was run over by a bus there yesterday and killed, sounds like a great time............
Perhaps they should have a Burning Woman in her honor next year.
I love my wife and kids. I can't imagine going to something like that where I wouldn't want my family to go either. Nuff said.
I didn't even know what you were talking about and had to go look it up. Obviously, I've never been. Even if I were a young pup I'd probably not go as I tend to avoid crowds of people and as an old fart even more so.
Now that I've seen the pictures I can most definitely say you would not see me there young or old.
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I guess a woman was run over by a bus there yesterday and killed, sounds like a great time............

And now a well known line of spit & prose from Ludacris, featuring Mystikal and I-20
From Move bitch, get out the way

" who bought these fu*ckin TVs and jewelry bitch, tell me that?
No, I ain't bitter, I don't give a fu*ck
But i'ma tell you like this bitch
You better not walk in front of my tour bus"

laugh
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
[bleep] hippies.

HA! My thoughts exactly...
I thought Texas A&M put an end to that..?
With that much open space, I'd want to bring guns and shoot. At a guess, they wouldn't much like that.
Originally Posted by Barak
With that much open space, I'd want to bring guns and shoot. At a guess, they wouldn't much like that.

Actually, I heard an account that, years back, there was a couple, "expressing art" by driving through the desert @ Burning Man at 70 mph, while having sex, and firing a .38 SPL out of the window.

Maybe they didn't have so many Rangers back then.

FC
Never been there, didn't even know what it was until about 6 months ago when I got a job where I sit across from one of the organizers. It's literally all he talks about; drives me nuts. I have nothing against is, if it works for you then fine. Just not my gig.
My co-worker tells me there are a LOT of guns at burning man. He says they have a group that goes shooting every day.

Not sure I'd want to go shooting with burners...

I've never been, so I can't comment with any accuracy, but I imagine that for every hot naked chick, your gonna have 20-30 old fat naked guys tooling around ...looks pretty much like a freak show to me.

laugh

DITTOS! I might be willing to join you on that one. I doubt the liberal hippies would go alone with shooting for very long. We could say we are shooting artists. laugh
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
I thought Texas A&M put an end to that..?
2 different events

B M is a desert event
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

I've never been, so I can't comment with any accuracy, but I imagine that for every hot naked chick, your gonna have 20-30 old fat naked guys tooling around ...looks pretty much like a freak show to me.
nope, that's Key West
Okay. True confessions. I've been a couple of times. It is one hell of a party although after about 3 days I got tired of the single to flake ratio being so bad.

The creativity as well as the irreverent stuff was pretty cool.

The 18 yo in me loved the parties.
The engineer in me loved the logistics and tech.
The social person in me loved meeting people.

Didn't like the flaky people or the hypocrisy.

The hot naked chick vs fat naked guy ratio is pretty good. Either that or I god good at ignoring fat naked guys.

This fat guy didn't get naked.

But it's one hell of a wild experience.

If you want to ask any questions, go right ahead.
I have a friend that is nearly 60 and he and his wife go every year. They even build elaborate floats to take just so they can burn them at the end.

As far as naked chicks from what he has told me it's pretty wild.

I have no desire to go but his stories are very entertaining.
© 24hourcampfire