Home
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014.../?intcmp=default_top&intcmp=features

This Saturday is International Bacon Day. Yes, it's real and yes you should celebrate it.

Sure, there are a ton of food holidays out there but let's be serious, this one is probably the most important. Bacon's popularity has skyrocketed in the past few years and it's literally everywhere. While a total bacon shortage seems unlikely, this perfect pork product is getting more expensive.

Salty, savory and sweet, we've rounded up some of our favorite recipes that feature this porcine delight. For the adventurous home chefs out there, we've even got a recipe for curing your very own bacon.

And no Somalian immigrant is going to stand in my way, either.
Good reason to celebrate.
There is nothing better than a BLT with good bacon and home grown tomatoes. I am hungry now. Bacon Day should be a holiday.
Originally Posted by eh76
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014.../?intcmp=default_top&intcmp=features

This Saturday is International Bacon Day. Yes, it's real and yes you should celebrate it.

Sure, there are a ton of food holidays out there but let's be serious, this one is probably the most important. Bacon's popularity has skyrocketed in the past few years and it's literally everywhere. While a total bacon shortage seems unlikely, this perfect pork product is getting more expensive.

Salty, savory and sweet, we've rounded up some of our favorite recipes that feature this porcine delight. For the adventurous home chefs out there, we've even got a recipe for curing your very own bacon.

It's a giant conspiracy. Next thing you know there'll be a huge bacon shortage because of India and China, and prices will go through the roof! Shortages, rationing, pork regulation... Ohhhhh, the humanity!!!
Give all the Muslims a invite to dinner
has anyone come up with bacon flavored beer?
Originally Posted by RWE

Why, yes. Yes, they have.

As if most of us needed an excuse to try a new beer! Honestly, we�ll try anything bacon related at least once� and there�s a fair share of us who enjoy a good cold one as well. Therefore we had to try this Maple Bacon Ale made by Rogue. - See more at:

http://bacontoday.com/bacon-beer/#sthash.eRGO162R.dpuf
well, a few minutes later, and some magic numbers from plastic, and we'll see how this pans out...

http://rogue2.mybigcommerce.com/rogue-voodoo-doughnut-bacon-maple-ale/
Originally Posted by RWE

I'd much rather have beer flavored beer and a basket of fried bacon on the side.

Rogue makes some good ales that aren't meat-flavored.
how about beer battered bacon?
Just stocked up yesterday and can hardly wait.
Call me a purist, but I'll take my bacon unmolested too.
Originally Posted by RWE

I don't want to fall into this routine where you pose a hypothetical question and I then Google it. I found you the bacon-flavored beer didn't I? grin
It's on the menu for the morning.
Just need to decide how many pieces to get. grin
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by RWE

I don't want to fall into this routine where you pose a hypothetical question and I then Google it. I found you the bacon-flavored beer didn't I? grin

hypothetical?

I was planning on tomorrow's menu.

Dove season opens and I got bacon for the wee bird breasts.

Need a backup in case the birds aren't flying.
Originally Posted by mathman

Tomato lettuce and miracle whip?
RWE you are from the south. Duke's or nothing.
Originally Posted by RWE

Tomato lettuce and miracle whip?

Using MW is molesting the sandwich with Satan's smegma.

Tomatoes aren't disgusting, but I don't care for them on a sandwich either.
I was channeling the spirit of DIYguy
Blue Plate baby!
Going to cook up a batch of pinto beans and bacon this weekend. Will go real good with the sixty to seventy pounds of ribs I am doing.

Damn I love pork.
Smoked Hog Jowl bacon is my favorite.

You should really try deep fried bacon
Originally Posted by eh76

You should really try deep fried bacon

I don't see a problem there, with bacon in hot grease.
© 24hourcampfire