Home
Posted By: kaywoodie Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
Firearms can you visibly see in your bedroom? Right now! My bedroom is about 12 x 16 and I count 16 I can see as I lay here in bed. That's not all that are here in it, that's only what I can see. Hell I ain't countin' handguns and what's hid out in he closet.

I ant countin' knives or hatchets either! Just firearms.
Posted By: rattler Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
2 but im at my parents place and most my stuff is at my brothers....just have my AR and Kimber here
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
Sheridan, you are well equipped with them!
have some work to do on the Kimber which is why it is here and.....well....other than the Australia trip ive always had a firearm close at hand.....break ins while people are home are rare as hell up here but with everyone coming through for the Bakken and the fact my parents place is about 200 yards off the highway with not alot in between i figure it cant hurt...
Posted By: Scott F Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
I don't have a bedroom any more but there are three rifles and Single Six under the bed in our daughter's home where we are staying and Old Chocolate is on my hip.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
Can't see any, but there are 3 within arms reach.
Chocolate! I'm still laughing! Told the kid that Quemado is now a pilgrimage! Whether he likes it or not!!!!
Originally Posted by 1minute

wink
Posted By: calikooknic Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
One I can see,(45acp), three others in cases or behind a door.(12 g, 357, 22lr). Three leave at 4:30 am to go dove hunting.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Chocolate! I'm still laughing! Told the kid that Quemado is now a pilgrimage! Whether he likes it or not!!!!

Chocolate and I are already planning for next year.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
Don't have any firearms... mine got lost in the Great Flood of 1968....
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
A ported cut down Rem 1100 with an extended mag tube is sitting in the corner.
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
.30 M1 carbine with 15 round mag loaded with hollow points.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
My wife runs a preschool out of the house, so all my stuff has to stay locked up like Fort Knox. Small handgun safe sits right next to the bed. That's the closest I've got to "accessable" in a pinch.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
5 that I can "see" cool
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
I had to count...

Only 6. laugh
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
none visible in my bedroom, but trust me, there are several that I could access blind.
Posted By: pahick Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
Just 2. XDS is always on the nightstand, and a 12 ga semi in the corner. Never slept like that til I moved in these damn apartments. Theyre more like condos, but its the first time in my life I had neighbors I can see.....and hear. And im a light sleeper.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
Three,,, pistol on nightstand, .22 rifle in corner, shotgun in another corner.

Shotgun in the corner behind the front door too.

The hen doesn't have a problem with all the guns but she does have a problem with the twelve fishing rods, tacklebox and tackle pack that has been leaned up against the bar since about march.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and ruin his marrage. ha
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
45 ACP
40 S&W
AR 15 5.56
AR 10 308
870 12 ga.

Posted By: EvilTwin Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
Glock Mod 20,12 ga short dbl barrel,2 Sharps Rifles, one S%W Mod 58 41 mag,Colt Python 2.5"....
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
only the 1911 in my hotel room. at home 7.
Originally Posted by gunner500
45 ACP
40 S&W
AR 15 5.56
AR 10 308
870 12 ga.

OOPS, forgot about two belt rigs hanging across a chair back carrying a SAA 45 Colt and FA 454 Casull.
Posted By: Colorado1135 Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14

I see nothing!

laugh
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
None,,,, I keep mine in a plastic bag in the shower.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
If we owned any guns, I'd have one in the bedroom, and a few ones hidden to grab as we go out the door, for needs of stuff on the farm. Generally a rimfire, shotgun and rifle of some type.

But the rest we'd keep locked and hidden out of sight.

Posted By: 4ager Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
See? One. Within arms reach? More than that. wink
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14

If you're hard-core, you punch your fist through the drywall and grab the pistol you've got underneath. grin

Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Posted By: mog75 Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
Only 2 Bob�a S&W Model 19 and a Tore-ass .357�.a shortage compared to yours, but I got Rommel guarding the door grin

[Linked Image]
Maybe the question should be...

"Which one do you grab when you hear glass breaking at 3:00am?"
Posted By: ingwe Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
The closest one�.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
Just one. It's all I need..
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
How come you guys own so many guns?????

I don't have any. frown
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

By that time wifey has ventilated em with one of her several J frames she has secreted at her end of the house. Then either Spot or Basil knaws on a leg or two!

But I suppose when it's my turn ( like that will ever happen), it's the model 12 riot gun by my nightstand that goes into action!!!

I never get to have any fun!

My problem is I've run out of safe space. Need another safe.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

A 16" 5.56 with a 100 round drum stuffed with 55 gr TSX's at 2900 fps.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
The only weapon visible in the bedroom is my unstrung long bow, but there's a cased handgun on either side of the bed and a locked safe a couple feet from the foot of the bed.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
None in sight, but they are there!

By that time wifey has ventilated em with one of her several J frames she has secreted at her end of the house.

As a postscript,,,,,

I had come home one day and she had run some messkin off the place with her a MkII Webley revolver loaded with dum dums.

Once again, I never get to have any fun.

By that time wifey has ventilated em with one of her several J frames she has secreted at her end of the house.

As a postscript,,,,,

I had come home one day and she had run some messkin off the place with her a MkII Webley revolver loaded with dum dums.

Once again, I never get to have any fun.

Good Girl! grin
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
can just imagine the news story coming from a breakin at your houses...the poor underprivileged kid breaking in and becoming the victim to your arsenal of right wing craziness. hundreds of rounds of ammo stored! the horror!
Originally Posted by ingwe
Only 2 Bob�a S&W Model 19 and a Tore-ass .357�.a shortage compared to yours, but I got Rommel guarding the door grin

[Linked Image]

im positive the reason we never got broke into is cause of the setup of our house Jake's kennel was about 10 feet from the front door and 15 from the back.....anytime a strong wind nudged a door the ankle biters would freak and Jake qould start going with his baritone voice....between the three no one prolly wanted to try their luck.....i miss my dogs frown
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
Originally Posted by 1minute

Same here, two handguns and one long gun.

Ed
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
can just imagine the news story coming from a breakin at your houses...the poor underprivileged kid breaking in and becoming the victim to your arsenal of right wing craziness. hundreds of rounds of ammo stored! the horror!

Only if I bayonet em with the 98 Krag Jorgenson rifle leaning against the bookcase with bayonet at the ready!!!

There's an 03 Springfield w/ bayonet in closet! smile!!
Posted By: rost495 Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
I'd grab whats by the bed... 590 mossberg usually... I prefer the shotgun in the house personally.
Posted By: Middlefork_Miner Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
Ruger SR-22 & 12 ga. 870...not a firearm, but a Benjamin Marauder pistol/carbine (Modified) is the only one that has been fired at intruders....3 possums this summer.
Posted By: passport Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
Got a 1911 in the night stand and an 1100 tact in the closet
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Okay, how many,,, - 09/01/14
All I have is my rape whistle and the number to code pink.
Been blowing the damn thing all day. It doesn't work.
I kinda figured when I started this thread it would boil down to a home defense discussion. But as I lay there last night I thought to myself "look at this hodge podge of stuff in every corner, against furniture, etc. not necessarily a bad thing.

Got to thinking, grandkids are only allowed in the place when I'm with them. But something did jump out at me. And that was hopefully when I'm long gone, and someone asked one of them grandkids "what was your Gramps like?" They can answer, he had the neatest bedroom! It was full of cool stuff, old gun posters, guns, knives, old backpacks, dead animal horns, old azz books and lots of other old wore out crap!!!!
Oh yeah! And he would play "Old Zip Coon" on the harmonica for us!
© 24hourcampfire