Home
Posted By: Scott F Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
My youngest daughter decided dan needed some new jeans. She also knows I was looking at the Texas Jeans web page. Today two pair of boot cut slim fit jeans. I love them and her.

Made in the USA and less cost than Wranglers at the farm store.
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
That's really neat Scott.
Even though they are made in North Carolina,I believe I'll give them a shot.
Here is their web site.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
If Texas jeans are made in North Carolina and Knives Of Alaska are made in Texas, where the hell are Boston Baked Beans made?
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Here is their web site.

If they are all made in NC now they will be even BETTER grin
Posted By: hardway Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
Hows the fit compared to Wranglers? Normally a 38-34 in wranglers.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
If Texas jeans are made in North Carolina and Knives Of Alaska are made in Texas, where the hell are Boston Baked Beans made?

smile
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

smile

And more importantly,,,, who's "dan".
Posted By: 700LH Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
Originally Posted by Scott F
My youngest daughter decided dan needed some new jeans. She also knows I was looking at the Texas Jeans web page. Today two pair of boot cut slim fit jeans. I love them and her.

Made in the USA and less cost than Wranglers at the farm store.

Hope their good jeans but you need to find a different place to shop for jeans. I buy Wranglers at half what the web site shows.
Fact is by purchasing a few pair on black Friday Wranglers have been costing me less than ten bucks a pair for several years now.
Posted By: WildWest Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
Thanks for the post I will buy them when I need some more FR shirts.
Posted By: safariman Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
I have discovered Carhardt double front dungarees. Spendy, but way comfortable and indestructable. They have an opening in the double knee area where one can insert a knee pad for more protection when riding a motorcycle or ATV.

I will have to look into the Texas Jeans, too, however as the Dungaree's are just a little bit too casual and loose fitting everywhere for even my casual dress non denominational church. No one would say anything, they are just not stylin at all.

Dang good job raisin up that girl there!
Here is their web site.

I just saved thier site to my favorites. Need some decent blue jeans that actually FIT.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
Originally Posted by hardway
Hows the fit compared to Wranglers? Normally a 38-34 in wranglers.

Hard for me to tell as my old Wranglers are well worn and I have lost weight. These are 34X35 slim cut and fit just right with a 1911 tucked IWB. The fit me nice and feel great. I can see more in my future.
Posted By: XPLRN Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
I recently found out about this USA made bib overalls and jeans source. They even make stuff for guys that might have a larger size need.

http://www.round-house.com/products...aist-made-in-usa-blue-denim-bib-overalls
Posted By: ironbender Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
Originally Posted by safariman
I have discovered Carhardt double front dungarees.

I wear Carhartts ALL the time. I have a pair that are not greasy, stained or painted. I call them my dress carhartts. my wife loves that. crazy

They aren't any more expensive when wear and durability are factored in, IMO.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Here is their web site.

If they are all made in NC now they will be even BETTER grin

+1!
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by safariman
I have discovered Carhardt double front dungarees.

I wear Carhartts ALL the time. I have a pair that are not greasy, stained or painted. I call them my dress carhartts. my wife loves that. crazy

They aren't any more expensive when wear and durability are factored in, IMO.

Exactly! And what with my being allergic to road rash, again a great value for liesurely riding. Serious riding (racing, if I ever feel up to it again) will find me in all leather or Kevlar, with hard cover soft insides pads in key places.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
I too wear Carhartts, but i do wish they would make the front pockets bigger. You would think that they would realize that a big pair of jeans, might have a man with big hands. Hard to get change and stuff out of the pockets. miles
Posted By: tbear Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
Think I outgrew anything slim fit after serving in the military. At 6'1" & 255 lbs. with big shoulders (played a lot of football) I need relaxed fit jeans. No crotch squeezers for me. Long sleeve shirts are another problem for me. I need 3 or 4X with 36-37" sleeves. Wife & daughters tell me I look like a gorilla with huge shoulders, large arms & hands, & short legs. Thanks for posting I will try a couple.
On day two I am really happy with them. I can even get change in and out of the coin pocket.

The shirt thing I understand. If I get a shirt with a 18 1/2" neck and a 35 sleeve I end up with the body looking like a tent three people could camp in.
Posted By: Westman Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
Another source of bullet proof work pants:

http://www.duluthtrading.com/

They really are that good.
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
Originally Posted by Westman
Another source of bullet proof work pants:

http://www.duluthtrading.com/

They really are that good.

I was going to post this because the Ballroom Jeans are very well made pantaloons. They are just a little pricy.
Posted By: mack5511 Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
Scott,

I feel your pain in the shirt department. I have a 22 inch neck and if I buy a non-tailored 22 inched neck shirt the body is big enough for 2 of me.

Mack
Posted By: tbear Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
I would be choked to death in anything smaller than a 24" neck. Have to special order my dress shirts. With your link may as well order jeans as well. To bad all my parts aren't as large & long.
Posted By: klondike_mike Re: Texas Jeans - 09/03/14
Portland, Maine.
I am thinking about just ordering XXL shirts so the neck and sleeves fit then havind my wife take her serge machine and make the body fit. She could make dresses out of the left over material.
Posted By: mack5511 Re: Texas Jeans - 09/04/14
I have found a good tailor he named Angel that works wonders with my shirts. Very nice guy and been in the same location for 25 years. He has been a god send as for client trips I have to wear a long sleeve shirt.

TBear sweet lord a 24 inch neck? I thought I was having a tough time with a 22 inch neck and 57 inch chest. At 5'10" I almost have to have everything tailored and suits they want to re-cut because of size. I am glad that is a once and a long while that I need to wear that stuff.
© 24hourcampfire