Home
Posted By: tex_n_cal The last 9/11 search dog... - 09/11/14
... 15 years old

http://www.today.com/pets/last-know...137575?cid=sm_n_main_1_20140911_31414076
Be interesting to see some of the "I'd never choose a dog's life over that of a human beings",reactions....for whatever genned up reason, legalities, pragmatism, salvation issues, "feelings," ...whatever.

I'd gladly shoot a whole damned PLATOON of SOBs who tried to harm that dog in any way.

Nice post, bro!

GTC
Sweet old girl.
Posted By: poboy Re: The last 9/11 search dog... - 09/11/14
Allergies suddenly off the charts round here.
Posted By: kecatt Re: The last 9/11 search dog... - 09/11/14
Awesome story...
Posted By: ingwe Re: The last 9/11 search dog... - 09/11/14
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Be interesting to see some of the "I'd never choose a dog's life over that of a human beings",reactions....for whatever genned up reason, legalities, pragmatism, salvation issues, "feelings," ...whatever.

I'd gladly shoot a whole damned PLATOON of SOBs who tried to harm that dog in any way.

Nice post, bro!

GTC

^^^^

This. Exactly.

That's great! Thanks for sharing it!
Thats a good story. The old gal just loves to please.
Bretagne 2016.
Try that with a fooking cat.
That's a grand old dog.

That caveman that first shared a few scraps of meat with a wolf / dog all of those millennia ago made the best bargain mankind will ever enjoy.
I have had people ask me, in fact just recently, what was wrong with me that i prefer dogs to people. The answer is if you have to ask that question, you would not be able to understand the answer.
I have loved dogs all my life, but goldens are where my heart is and i have had probably ten or twelve adopt me through the years, all senior rescue dogs, that somebody thought to discard. They have came with all kinds of issues, buckshot in them, illness that could have been corrected, and so on.
The dollar cost of this has been excessive, yet i have recieved far more than i ever paid out.
Goldies age like that, and you can see the wisdom in her eyes. I really don't think most people should have goldens, unless they are able to understand how they hardwire into your system. They can't speak english, but they sure do communicate. I agree with the best bargain comment. It has taken me six years to get through to max that i will never hurt him, and he is finally beginning to be my buddy. That is how bad his first year of life was before we got him out of oklahoma. He bears physical scars and emotional scars from that period.
Ciara, my girl princess, owns me. She was slobbering on some lady petting her through the window of my car yesterday as i told the woman that, and she said it is obvious ciara owns me. A good deal.
And yes, i would take a bullet before i would allow them to.
Posted By: T LEE Re: The last 9/11 search dog... - 09/11/14
That is just too cool.
Nice post and thanks, Patrick.
great post

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
you can see the wisdom in her eyes. I really don't think most people should have goldens, unless they are able to understand how they hardwire into your system. They can't speak english, but they sure do communicate.

I have that with my soon to be 10 year old female black lab.

She picked me when she was 8 weeks old and we have been connected ever since. I don't know how it works but we communicate better than me and my wife do some days. lol
© 24hourcampfire