Home
Posted By: tommyd53 Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Anyone else love the stuff? I don't know if it's possible, but I think I have an addiction to it. I only eat the stuff without the sugar added, all natural. On toast, saltines with milk, or fresh whole wheat bread. But Damn, I love that stuff. Anyone else enjoy the same affliction?
Posted By: rattler Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
mix a lil cinnamon with it and its even better grin
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
I feel the same way about beautiful women.
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
You need to try a PBJ that has been grilled.
Do it just like a grilled cheese.
My wife limits my intake, seems it causes a strange odor
But damn there good.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Good stuff, but only if they finish making it and don't stop half-way through the "butter-making" process of grinding up the peanuts.
Posted By: tommyd53 Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Love cinnamon too. You ain't makin' this any easier.
Who doesn't? Maybe our POTUS.
Posted By: EdM Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Ranks right up there with milk for me. In a word, no.
For me, they're the perfect partners, along with a little fresh bread, or crispy crackers.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Besides bread it goes great with bananas or apples or chocolate.

There's a recipe for "tiger bars" where you melt white chocolate with peanut butter and milk chocolate with peanut butter, then swirl the mixture together and let it harden in the refrigerator. True decadence. wink

[Linked Image]
I'm gonna Google that one. I do like it with bananas, but never tried it with chocolate (other than Ree-cee cups). I'm gonna check out "tiger bars". They sound great.
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
I like to make my own, peanuts some peanut oil and a little honey and salt and you are eating homemade peanut butter in a few minutes.
Originally Posted by tommyd53
Love cinnamon too. You ain't makin' this any easier.

in that case, make the sandwiches out of cinnamon bread grin
Posted By: Partsman Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I feel the same way about beautiful women, even Renee Zellweger.

grin
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I feel the same way about beautiful women.

got a surplus down there?
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Originally Posted by rattler
mix a lil cinnamon with it and its even better grin

When the jar is about half-empty, fill it up with syrup or honey and mix well.

There aren't many ways to make good peanut butter taste better � but these are good, if only for occasional variety.

(GUESS how I know!)

By the way, did you know that the highly esteemed researcher who gave us peanut butter and revealed the many benefits of peanut oil was Negro genius George Washington Carver of Tuskegee?

Dad knew him. Wish I'd been so fortunate. Dad regarded him highly, but I was far too callow at the time to appreciate his genius.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington_Carver
Posted By: milespatton Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
I of course did not know him, but I do agree that he was a genius. Too bad more blacks do not try to emulate him, instead of others. I have to disagree about the peanut butter with most here. I like mine without any additions except bread or saltine crackers. I also like cheddar cheese and saltine crackers. In fact I would rather eat bologna on a cracker instead of making a regular sandwich. miles
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Had PB and raw honey swirled together this morning with eggs and wheat toast, good stuff, I eat it near daily.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
I mix peanut butter with the "white" Karo Syrup and eat it on hot biscuits just out of the oven. Damn good stuff!
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
AAAAAHHH, Peanut butter.

peanut butter on vanilla waffers
peanut butter and grape jelly on the heal pieces of the loaf
peanut butter and bannana samich
peanut butter chewys, its a peanut butter browne my wife makes... (OMG)
peanut butter in oatmeal with a dab of honey

Nothing in my house but CREAMY Peter Pan. I won't touch that chunky crap.

Peanut butter is always fun to give to your dog, I get a big spoon then with my finger wipe it on the roof of their mouth. I laugh every time.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
I like creamy and chunky PB. Prefer the natural stuff that you have to mix up.
Peanut-butter-and-crackers used to be Dad's favorite snack. He often made a heaping pile of 'em with a glass of milk a complete meal.

Have to confess that I've always liked 'em too � long before any of the debuts of the highly touted snacks that we see so much of, today.

Same with good cheddar on dry, crisp crackers.

Grandmother Fountain kept crackers at room temperature and humidity in her kitchen "safe," where they soon became almost mushy � unfit for human consumption, in my not-so-humble opinion.
Peanut butter is always fun to give to your dog, I get a big spoon then with my finger wipe it on the roof of their mouth.

The way I give pills to mine. miles
unfit for human consumption, in my not-so-humble opinion.

I agree, although in my younger, poorer days I would crumble saltines into milk and add sugar, and eat instead of cereal, which we seldom had. miles
Posted By: deflave Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Originally Posted by heavywalker
I like to make my own, peanuts some peanut oil and a little honey and salt and you are eating homemade peanut butter in a few minutes.

Fo realz yo?

Travis
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I mix peanut butter with the "white" Karo Syrup and eat it on hot biscuits just out of the oven. Damn good stuff!

Wifey, Mom, and Granny made blackberry, peach, muscadine and fresh strawberry preserves and jams again this year, I have a multitude of goodness to go with my PB, how bout that? grin lol
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Good stuff Gunner! Homemade Peach Preserves and Strawberry Jam are my weakness.
I'm a very lucky sap to say the least. smile
Posted By: T LEE Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
4-5 times a week on toast with a tall cold glass of chocolate milkor as a PBJ with home made Blackberry jam, it is whats for lunch a lot and breakfast frequently. Just gotta love the simple pleasures.
Posted By: Dons1 Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Extra crunchy PB on toasted, seeded rye with American Cheese - sliced bananas too if you want to get fancy.

Extra crunchy PB carefully applied to potato chips.

Best if you get raw peanuts and parch 'em just before you make 'em into peanut butter.

There's much more flavor in just-parched peanuts. I loved to watch Dad parch raw peanuts � a gourmet art with finer points that always eluded me. His only equal in that respect was an African woman in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) with tribal scars all over her face. I often made a meal of a couple of bags of her freshly parched peanuts, which she parched on a tiny hibachi, right there on the sidewalk.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
I keep a jar around for baiting mouse traps.
Give the dog a spoonful for amusement once in a while too.
Other than that, I don't have much use for the stuff.
Posted By: Ole_270 Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Toasted english muffins, lots of extra crunchy Jiff peanut butter, and a little black raspberry all fruit jelly. Breakfast before work nearly every morning.
Originally Posted by Dons1
� Extra crunchy PB carefully applied to potato chips.

Especially fresh potato chips deep-fried in peanut oil just a few moments earlier.

I used to make special trips into town to buy cases of freshly fried potato chips from a local producer. Then Lay's bought him out, just to get rid of the competition. Then I made my own every night, 24-7-365. Not one ever survived the night.

Had a batch just a few minutes before my first stroke (1 July 2001) ended that pleasure for all time.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Originally Posted by gunner500
Had PB and raw honey swirled together this morning with eggs and wheat toast

eek Well,,,, there goes my appetite. eek
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
I eat it in some fashion pretty much every single day. I'm not sure I'd survive without it.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Mash up real butter, peanut butter and good syrup together to eat with crackers or toast.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Had PB and raw honey swirled together this morning with eggs and wheat toast

eek Well,,,, there goes my appetite. eek

LOL, thats the breakfast of a farm work mule. grin
If it's any consolation FG, Wifey put on a giant crock pot of elk chili this morning, better? laugh
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Yup, I love peanut butter too. Crunchy is my preference, but smooth is okay. Anyone ever tried a huge dollop of peanut butter on a bowl of chocolate ice cream? Wonderful!
Posted By: DocFoster Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
I love a BLT with PB instead of mayo.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
I keep a jar around for baiting mouse traps.
Give the dog a spoonful for amusement once in a while too.
Other than that, I don't have much use for the stuff.

+1

If it was still 1950 I'd tell my wife that stuff will never cross the threshold.

( I had kid brothers and a kid sister, the PB stuff reminds me of what I used to find in their diapers sick)

Geno
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
A PBJ sandwich s one of life's nicer pleasures, and it's even better on hot toast. PB and cheese is another winner, even if it's a plastic-wrapped slice of fake cheese like my wife buys.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
By the way, did you know that the highly esteemed researcher who gave us peanut butter and revealed the many benefits of peanut oil was Negro genius George Washington Carver of Tuskegee?
Far too many blacks today would call it 'white man's science' or some such. They'd refuse to learn what Carver learned instead of holding him up for the acclaim he deserves.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
You'd a really scared me there Bart if you said beautiful men.....
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Always keep some PB in our emergency rations and bugout bags. We really like the peanutbutter balls, or buckeyes. Make 'em for Christmas and they're always a big hit.
If you are a devotee of military MRE meals as I am, you will enjoy Peanut Butter Cannon Balls. Here's a pictorial recipe from a website I visit: LINK

(This website is often slow to load. Give it a minute...)

Posted By: seal_billy Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Wifey, Mom, and Granny made blackberry, peach, muscadine and fresh strawberry preserves and jams again this year, I have a multitude of goodness to go with my PB, how bout that? grin lol

O man I'm jealous. Before my grandmother died she gave me a 2 or 3 big jars of homemade blackberry jelly, not a seed one in it. I was young then and I remember I ate PB&J and chocolate milk for every meal every day till it was all gone. What i wouldn't wouldn't give for anothe jar of that stuff, or for a little more time with her, she was a ham.
Posted By: LeroyJenkins Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
You should try:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
KEN,best with fresh biscuits.

Ate a lot like that when a young one.
SOPPY is what Great-Granma called it.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
spoon full stuck with lots of MM's keeps my wife happy
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Peanut Butter - 09/13/14
Originally Posted by deflave

Fo realz yo?

Travis

fo realz ho.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Peanut Butter - 09/14/14
If it's any consolation FG, Wifey put on a giant crock pot of elk chili this morning, better? laugh

Yes,,, tell her I said thanks.

Just the thought of some Elk chili is soothing after the image of fried egg yolks, syrup, and PB "swirled" together.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Peanut Butter - 09/14/14
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Yup, I love peanut butter too. Crunchy is my preference, but smooth is okay. Anyone ever tried a huge dollop of peanut butter on a bowl of chocolate ice cream? Wonderful!

Wifey does just that, she also uses Jif? chocolate peanut butter the same way, guess being a runner has it's own rewards, she can eat anything and doesn't get fat. lol

Just the thought of some Elk chili is soothing after the image of fried egg yolks, syrup, and PB "swirled" together.

HAHA, hell yeah, I'll tell her, I had a big bowl of the elk chili for breakfast with some fritos and grated sharp cheddar for breakfast this morning.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Peanut Butter - 09/14/14
Maybe I'm just weird, or maybe I'm just the only one to admit to it, but I like to eat it straight out of the jar. I get my own jar of Peter Pan, and nobody else is allowed to touch it.....
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Peanut Butter - 09/14/14
It makes a great ice cream topping.
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: Peanut Butter - 09/14/14
Cupple of local stores have peanut butter "machines"

You dump in the whole shelled peanuts, turn it on and peanut butter comes out the bottom.

Great stuff! Wayyyy better than the store bought stuff in a jar!

Virgil B.

HAHA, hell yeah, I'll tell her, I had a big bowl of the elk chili for breakfast with some fritos and grated sharp cheddar for breakfast this morning.

Nothing wrong with chili for breakfast as long as there ain't no PB involved.

I fixin to fry me up a couple eggs, slather em with Franks red hot, and "swirl" em together with some cheese grits.

The PB will have to remain on the mouse traps though. grin
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
Cupple of local stores have peanut butter "machines"

You dump in the whole shelled peanuts, turn it on and peanut butter comes out the bottom.

Great stuff! Wayyyy better than the store bought stuff in a jar!

Virgil B.

Waste of time and money. ^
The mice will never know the difference. whistle
That'll work too, Wifey puts that scriachi? red rooster hot sauce on her eggs.
Posted By: tommyd53 Re: Peanut Butter - 09/14/14
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Maybe I'm just weird, or maybe I'm just the only one to admit to it, but I like to eat it straight out of the jar. I get my own jar of Peter Pan, and nobody else is allowed to touch it.....

Of every jar I buy, at least half of it is et that way.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Peanut Butter - 09/14/14
I love it, myself, but my metabolism doesn't love it, so I rarely if ever eat it anymore.
Posted By: JBGQUICK Re: Peanut Butter - 09/14/14
I like it with cinnamon and raisins. On cinnamon and raisin toast.

So, since we had this same discussion at work, what kind do you have on your shelf, creamy or crunchy.

As one of my co-workers said. The first argument he and his wife had when they got married was over peanut butter. He got out the peanut butter and said 'what is this?'. His wife said 'Peanut butter'. 'Yes' he said 'But its not crunchy. We always had crunchy in my house.' 'Well, we always had creamy in mine' she replied. He noted that you can have all the creamy kind you want if you come over to his house.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Peanut Butter - 09/14/14
Jif extra crunchy.

That is all.
© 24hourcampfire