Home
Posted By: EvilTwin VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
grinWifey goes on vacation every year with her bestest girlfriend of 30 years. They went to Niagra Falls (Canadian side) this year and had a ball. GREAT pitchers too! Subject:The Trade. Lady bus driver wanted to know if they wuz "partners". Wifey told her that "My husband is a hunter and traipses off all over N. America to kill things. I go on a nice vacation every summer and he gives me money to enjoy myself!" grin She is absolutely right!! She gives me NO line of crap at all when I get going for one of my hairbrained expeditions to God knows where. grin I figger I have a VERY fair trade!!!! grin
Posted By: T LEE Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
Sure sounds like it, good wimmins is hard to come by. I would not trade mine for all the tea in China either.
Posted By: 4ager Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
That'll do!
Posted By: smithwr Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
Thats a fair trade,

I certianly do NOT want the youngins growing up any faster but I know when they get gone my wife will be the same way. Im more of a shotgun slut so ill trade kids for kennels at some point.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
You are correct and I am proud to have a wife who allows me the freedom to do the things I do, like you. My wife has always been very supportive of my hunting and freely gives me the latitude to go.
She also knows when to take her halo off... blush
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
Nice to have a happy marriage story after some of the recent divorce deals here.

You are a fortunate man Jim.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
She knows if she says no he won't hear it anyways........

When it works there is nothing better in the world.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
laugh, same here Comrade.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
As someone astutely mentioned in the recent divorce thread, it's all about sharing your time, affection, money and sex. When you get selfish with one, bad juju is in store. It's all about the give and take.

Congrats on a good one, ET!
Posted By: bbassi Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
Yep. We do pretty much the same thing, although it is nice to go one a vacation WITH the spouse once in a while. As long as you don't make a habit of it. wink
Posted By: TXRam Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
I joke as much as most about the "ball and chain", etc., but I have it pretty good too!

I mentioned to my wife the other day that I would like to do an African Safari - she said "You should, you deserve it!" Of course, she may not understand the all-in cost (including the mounts afterwards...)...

And I don't hide how many guns I have or how much I spend, hell she has the combination to my safe.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Honest to God truth right there.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Honest to God truth right there.

Laffin'.......y'all need to be more cognizant of which ear you're talking to.

Having met her, Sandy is a saint.

George
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
My wife gives me money to buy guns & I go to gun shows , I call that a fair trade.

Mike
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
grinWifey goes on vacation every year with her bestest girlfriend of 30 years. They went to Niagra Falls (Canadian side) this year and had a ball. GREAT pitchers too! Subject:The Trade. Lady bus driver wanted to know if they wuz "partners". Wifey told her that "My husband is a hunter and traipses off all over N. America to kill things. I go on a nice vacation every summer and he gives me money to enjoy myself!" grin She is absolutely right!! She gives me NO line of crap at all when I get going for one of my hairbrained expeditions to God knows where. grin I figger I have a VERY fair trade!!!! grin

Yes you do. And both you and your wife are grateful for this trade. Much better then another divorce thread.
Posted By: KC Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14

Me and Mrs. KC do the same thing. It works well and we have been married for 42 years.

KC

Posted By: deerstalker Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
my girl for 46 years, think I will keep her.
[Linked Image]

besides I can't run fast enough to get out of range!
Posted By: Valsdad Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
Well, my wife won't go hunting with me (congrats to yours on the moose), but she does know I like, to quote her, "bullets and sharp things" for Christmas and birthday gifts (I'm easy to shop for?). And finances allowing, I get to go down to AZ to hunt at least once a year.

She gets to take the whippets to agility, lure coursing, and obedience events.

I'll take that trade any day (and besides when I'm there I get to see the dogs work too)

Glad to hear "happy stories" here on the 'fire also.

Geno
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
The wife left this AM.to go on her vacation.
I am on my own for a week,well me and the 3 dogs and the bird. grin
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
When my wife gets done shoe shopping she know where to find me.
At the gun store.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
My wife was going to florida with her sister and neice every couple of years and I loved it. Now I go to iowa to hunt and visit old and new friends every year. I loved a week of just me and the boys, its usually a time of me passing down knowledge of how to get women to do what you want them to do without them knowing your doing it. They will be well if they ever get married. grin. She figures it out sometimes and I just smile at her and she calls me an azzhole. lol
Posted By: seal_billy Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
We are so much smarter, we just let our penis get in the way. All jokes aside it is give and take and even sometimes it give, give and take.
Posted By: achadwick Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
Just remember: Whats your's is her's and what her's is her's. laugh
Posted By: Valsdad Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
Yep, they learn that stuff from each other.

A friend's mom told my wife when we were dating: "Just remember don't ever tell him he's right, even if he's right, tell him he's not"

Geno
Posted By: tzone Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
I got a rifle for my wife...best trade I ever made.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: VERY fair trade - 09/13/14
[quote=MadMooner]As someone astutely mentioned in the recent divorce thread, it's all about sharing your time, affection, money and sex. When you get selfish with one, bad juju is in store. It's all about the give and take. quote]

Every now and then someone sums it up so well that it leaves an indelible mark - that sure did. And conversely, if you're sharing as you should and something is askew, then you need to evaluate the situation pronto.

Good words MadMooner.
© 24hourcampfire