Home
Just wondering how much of this bad behavior is from Roid rage or is it just up bringing???
Odd, the percentage appears to be less then society in general for this type of behavior.

Good that it gets the real subject some attention, which is wife and child abuse, which is a all too real issue.
Yup...It's about time and what we've seen is just the tip of the iceberg. I believe Sports and Businesses alike should have a zero tolerance for the abuse of men or women.

Dan I do think roids have some influence with those who take them. Some old rugby buddies of mine get downright mean when they drink and they all attribute it to roid usage. One in particular had trouble with spouse abuse.

Also, if a kid sees his Dad hitting his Mom he likely takes that with him through life and at some point God forbid does the same.

Again, where the evidence supports I say zero tolerance across ALL walks of life.
Look at the demographics, what do you expect?
There a lot of wife beaters AND child abusers throughout society. No sub group of humanity seems to have a corner on the market.
Zero tolerance is never a good policy, for anything.
That's how we get kids expelled from school for pointing a finger at someone.
Not that any woman would ever lie about abuse...
Most if not all NFL athletes have been coddled since they were teenagers.

Idolized, they are allowed to do pretty much whatever they want, bad grades overlooked, abhorrent behavior swept under the rug and showered with millions of dollars when in their early twenties.
They are worshipped for being gladiators, rewarded for violence upon other men and given a level of social entitlement based upon their celebrity status.

I'm not surprised one bit by their behavior.
Part of it is a result of a society that puts sports stars on a pedestal, forgetting that if they weren't good at playing football, basketball, or boxing that they'd likely be dealing drugs in the ghetto. Being good at football doesn't make you a "hero" or qualify you for any of the other BS accolades that get heaped upon these guys. The instantaneous wealth, fame, & women that gets heaped upon what is in most cases an uneducated thug is more than they're capable of handling.
Originally Posted by JBGQUICK
Odd, the percentage appears to be less then society in general for this type of behavior.

Good that it gets the real subject some attention, which is wife and child abuse, which is a all too real issue.

The reports I've seen say ARRESTS are lower.
That's not saying it doesn't happen just as often
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
There a lot of wife beaters AND child abusers throughout society. No sub group of humanity seems to have a corner on the market.

Nail-on-head
First, I don't think the NFL is any better or worse than any other sport for spousal or child abuse.

Second, According to stats that Limbaugh had the other day women account for between 21 and 30 percent of all spousal and child abuse. I don't know of a single woman playing NFL football. I could be wrong as I never watch football so women could be playing NFL football.
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Most if not all NFL athletes have ben coddled since they were teenagers.

Idolized, they are allowed to do pretty much whatever they want, bad grades overlooked, abhorrent behavior swept under the rug and showered with millions of dollars when in their early twenties.
They are worshipped for being gladiators, rewarded for violence upon other men and given a level of social entitlement based upon their celebrity status.

Agreed. Not to mention they have been taking hits to the head since they were kids.
It's upbringing, nothing else.
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Most if not all NFL athletes have ben coddled since they were teenagers.

Agreed. Not to mention they have been taking hits to the head since they were kids.

I agree too.

As I have gotten older I have come to hate the NFL. Arizona wanted to pass that law to protect Christians in the workplace against the over reach of sodommites and the NFL jumped in the fray on the side of sodom. And other PC foolishness.

But this wife beating fiasco puts the women libbers in a position to give us some answers.

If a man is in fact bigger and stronger than a woman, so much so, that it is not right or just for him to fight back when his women cusses him and spits on him and hits him..

Then it must be admitted that women are not qualified to serve in combat roles in the military.

Simple as that.

But the women libbers want it both ways.
Originally Posted by Robert_White

I agree too.

As I have gotten older I have come to hate the NFL. Arizona wanted to pass that law to protect Christians in the workplace against the over reach of sodommites and the NFL jumped in the fray on the side of sodom. And other PC foolishness.

But this wife beating fiasco puts the women libbers in a position to give us some answers.

If a man is in fact bigger and stronger than a woman, so much so, that it is not right or just for him to fight back when his women cusses him and spits on him and hits him..

Then it must be admitted that women are not qualified to serve in combat roles in the military.

Simple as that.

But the women libbers want it both ways.

So, you are saying that if women want to serve this country in combat, it's ok to hit them at home......

Dude.......
No that is not my argument.

Their argument is that women are equal to men in every way... no difference.

But they ain't

I don't believe in men hitting their wives. And I don't believe that women are equal to men in every way. And I don't believe that women should serve in combat roles or on combat ships at sea or in submarines.
Unfortunately, men beating women - boyfriends beating fiances - husbands beating wives - all have been going on for centuries. It is terrible behavior, and a corrective spotlight like the current foofarah can be a good thing.

But this NFL focused fiasco is a joke - socio-political theater - same old perps and beneficiaries - playing on the gulllible.
If Peterson beat his 4 year old like they are saying, he's done for in the NFL.
As he should be! No excuse EVER for beating a 4 year old! A simple swat on the butt would most likely suffice at that age.

My old mean Granny, who's 95 now, used to switch me every day in the summer, when I was a kid. I'm sure I deserved a lot of it. Never left any marks, though.
[quote=chlinstructor]If Peterson beat his 4 year old like they are saying, he's done for in the NFL.
As he should be! No excuse EVER for beating a 4 year old! A simple swat on the butt would most likely suffice at that age.

My old mean Granny, who's 95 now, used to switch me every day in the summer, when I was a kid. I'm sure I deserved a lot of it. Never left any marks, though.

Every day? and just in the summer? Was that when you stayed with her? I think some people from that generation thought kids would be of no good if they spared the rod.

Whenever I got hit, it was a mark to remember.....just rarely happened because I learned quick there are some things that are NOT acceptable. shocked
AA, yes I stayed with her every summer when I was kid. She'd switch the neighborhood kids, also, if they got caught in the line of fire! Finally I got fast enough to out run her, though!
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
AA, yes I stayed with her every summer when I was kid. She'd switch the neighborhood kids, also, if they got caught in the line of fire! Finally I got fast enough to out run her, though!

LOL! I wish there were more granny types around and we could give each of them an assigned "post" inside public places....just to keep some order and teach respect.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
If Peterson beat his 4 year old like they are saying, he's done for in the NFL.

That is a big "IF", because the true nature of what he did, and why, is not generally known, and the "they" who are saying whatever are news types trying to make a sensational story.

In my youth, a "beating" was very different from a "spanking" or "switching", the latter of which I got plenty when I deserved it due to misbehavior or improper expression. And, yes, from switching or belting (Dad kept a cat-o-nine tails hanging by the back door) I sometimes had marks on my fanny or thighs.

I did not like it then, but today know that it was correct and would not have had it any other way. I simply wish my dear Dad were still here to give me a switching if appropriate.

One thing is for certain, in those times there were no CPS or any such government agency to interfere with normal parenting and needed discipline/punishment for kids. Adrian Peterson may have gone overboard with the whipping - maybe not - but the tirade about corporal punishment for kids is just another undermining activity. At times, I would like to be able to use my Dad's strap on a few of those newspeople and sports pundits.
© 24hourcampfire