Home
But when I do I get a clue why Dick Metcalf got himself into hot water....

just sayin'
oh lordy did you go out to our borough range and witness the carnage and destruction by fools with firearms?

been many a day I've spent out there that I can glean why some folks are anti 2nd

idiots abound.

glad you survived the trip Mark
I hate a public range
no range rules, no range officer

the range is provided free of charge, paid for by our borough taxes.

it's a pity some of the stuff that takes place there.

but I'm grateful we have one available.
you do realize the title of the thread says, "Re: I don't often go to a pubic range"

smile
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
oh lordy did you go out to our borough range and witness the carnage and destruction by fools with firearms?

laugh

Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
you do realize the title of the thread says, "Re: I don't often go to a pubic range"

smile

Woops! blush
no worries Mark, don't know about you pard, but I don't get to the pubic range as often as I'd like these days either (grin)
no worries Mark, don't know about you pard, but I don't get to the pubic range as often as I'd like these days either (grin)

DITTO!
But when I do, I really like to Bang away! smile
I like when the range is busy because it affords me the opportunity to show off.

Travis
Now, THAT's positive thinking, Trav.

We have a membership range on state land, and even so, I am effing amazed sometimes at the members we have, um, allowed to join. They have to be NRA members -- you'd think someone smart enough to join NRA and help pull the rights wagon would be clueder than the average schmoe -- but not even close to always.
Originally Posted by DesertSandman

DITTO!

Classic, well played! grin
Originally Posted by DesertSandman

DITTO!

Lots of people do anything just to fit in! eek

Originally Posted by deflave
I like when the range is busy because it affords me the opportunity to show off.

Travis

You don't even have to be much good from what I've observed................. brave? Perhaps..... blush

(It appears than anything more precise than 'noise' will get one into the 1% club real quick.)
That's why it's my favorite audience. They all suck so I look even more awesomer than usual.

Travis
My "public" range. Blasting rocks at 1000 yards.

[Linked Image]
I have "volunteered" to be a range officer at our local public range which is jointly owned/operated by our club and Idaho Fish & Game. September and October are the busiest times of year as folks come out to sight in for hunting season so they desperately need the extra help.

We have to give 20 hours of service to the club each year as a condition of getting the key to the front gate, which then lets me shoot at all the times the public is NOT there, so it's well worth the effort.

Four, four hour shifts over yesterday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday morning of this coming weekend and Sunday morning the following weekend and another shift TBD in October.

Your thoughts and pears would be appreciated... wink
Last public range I went to had bullet holes in the roof and the support beams. Good luck!
well at least ours is not the only one in that condition.

absolutely mind boggling that idiots shoot up our range
I try to avoid the range the month before and during hunting season. Not just because it's crowded, because the once a year gang shows up.

Not a bad place to let the kids make empties during the off season

[Linked Image]
The Pennsylvania Game Commision has a range open to the public near me. I have been hitting it quite a bit for the 300 yard range. I have yet to have a bad experience. Everyone is polite, practice good firearm safety, and friendly. There is no range officer, they do require you buy a permit or have a valid hunting license use it. One group was even nice enough to lend me their spotting scope when I was having trouble seeing the shots at 300.
I shoot at a private range that has too many members. A while back I had to chastise some older guys for standing around behind the firing line in a circle examining a Luger that had A CLOSED BOLT AND THE MAGAZINE WAS IN. They were passing it around and pointing it at each other. The range was "hot" but still... My experience has been that it's the old guys that have been around guns all their lives that are the ones who get the most careless and casual with guns.
Originally Posted by deflave
That's why it's my favorite audience. They all suck so I look even more awesomer than usual.

Travis
Let's see your saying you have to be around people that suck to look good , got it grin
I believe he said 'gooder' or something to that effect. wink
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I have "volunteered" to be a range officer at our local public range which is jointly owned/operated by our club and Idaho Fish & Game. September and October are the busiest times of year as folks come out to sight in for hunting season so they desperately need the extra help.

We have to give 20 hours of service to the club each year as a condition of getting the key to the front gate, which then lets me shoot at all the times the public is NOT there, so it's well worth the effort.

Four, four hour shifts over yesterday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday morning of this coming weekend and Sunday morning the following weekend and another shift TBD in October.

Your thoughts and pears would be appreciated... wink

Excellent system. grin
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Last public range I went to had bullet holes in the roof and the support beams. Good luck!

Sounds like my club range.

We had a recent huge increase in membership. Apparently 25 yards is a vast expanse for the pistol shooters as the ground shows that shooters bullets are impacting roughly halfway to the target backers so a 15 yard range was installed.

Same thing,........duh.
© 24hourcampfire