Home
Don't you just want to rip them off their head and curve it?

I'm old.

Those kids look at me and wonder why I've ruined all my caps.

I just ignore the kid that wear their pants hanging below their ass. bad parenting

[Linked Image]
I never understood the fad. I think it's so they "look new" meaning you wear new stuff all the time and have money to burn. it's a form of peacocking for young insecure kids who want to look "badass". I think it's stupid as most do.
Looks like a chick. Trying to dress like a gangsta is all he's got left
And they leave the sales label on and of course wearing it covering your ears and sideways....
growing up playing baseball we did 2 things as kids

oiled up our glove, put a baseball in the pocket , wrapped a rubber band around it

and

rolled up our baseball cap and put in in our back pocket until the bill was curved.

the latter will stay with me the rest of my life I guess.
[Linked Image]
Neegars do that TN, and elsewhere obviously.

Everyone wants to be a neeger, it's fashionable. Get more white p ussy lookin like a knigger nowadays.

Some clubs dont allow flat-bill attire lol
I was just informed they are called "lids" not caps

now I'm really old
Would rather rip his head off.
The person in the OP is a P.I.G. a term I coined meaning Person of Indeterminate Gender. This PIG is wearing earrings and lipstick and has no boobs, but is also wearing leather, a large watch, and has tattooed upper arms. Boy? Girl? It's too dangerous to probe further.
What's with the picture of Miley Cyrus?
Blame Minnie Pearl for that price-tag thing.
Originally Posted by Salmonella
[Linked Image]

Classic
Looks real QB-ish....NOT

[Linked Image]
if I were QB of the 49'ers and making serious jack I wouldn't give a flip, but that's beside the point.

I'm a crotchety middle class WASP - listen to what I say dammit!

One of the real mysteries of life is why so many adolescent heterosexual girls find this sexually attractive.

Originally Posted by KFWA

[Linked Image]

It does not bother me in the least if some dill wants to look like a poof.

But one thing that does irritate me is the difficulty in sourcing un-structured caps, the "Elmer Fudd" look is not something I am endeared to.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Neegars do that TN, and elsewhere obviously.

Everyone wants to be a neeger, it's fashionable. Get more white p ussy lookin like a knigger nowadays.

Some clubs dont allow flat-bill attire lol

Yep. Been seeing it for years before Hussein was elected.

Every commercial on tv has one or two, Kids of every race emulating black gang members attire, etc. Media quite involved in promoting it as with everything else they do that is Lefty.

Their agenda was complete when Hussein was elected.
growing playing baseball we did 2 things as kids

oiled up our glove, put a baseball in the pocket , wrapped a rubber band around it

and

rolled up our baseball cap and put in in our back pocket until the bill was curved.

the latter will stay with me the rest of my life I guess.

and I will add one...baseball pants are to be rolled to just below the knee!!! I hate the long pants....just doesn't look like baseball.
Sweet Jesus, now we are troubled by none curved hat brims.

Life is pretty special if that's what gets one wound up.
How else would a guy get an excuse to post a pic of beeber queer?

steelhead wears "lids"
Flat-brim caps allow for quicker profiling, which means I waste less of my time in dealing with them. Kind of like face tattoos or sagging pants.
The flat billed caps are made with over sized bills and designed to be worn as is�no shaping of the bill. It is the end of the latest fad of black gangsta fashion.

Why anyone would want to emulate a black criminal is beyond me�..

It is better than the same flat bill worn sideway�but only barely.Like most fads from the underbelly of society it looks ridiculous.
I agree completely about the caps. The first thing I do when I get a new capt is bend the bill. It gives better sun protection that way besides looking better. I think the flat bill looks stupid. But what do I know I am getting old and those stupid kids make more money than I do in just one day. It is kinda funny that the boys are starting to look like girls now. Hopefully things will change in a few years and they will want manly men again. LOL.
Originally Posted by sactoller
... and I will add one...baseball pants are to be rolled to just below the knee!!! I hate the long pants....just doesn't look like baseball.

Absolutely right on both issues.
Long pants increase the number of low strikes.
Military caps are to be worn squared away with flat brims. Two fingers above the nose.
Shape up or ship out!
My son had one for a couple weeks. I didn't say anything. But there were times I would tell him "Take that hat off please" before we would walk into the hardware store or gun shop. He asked me "why" a couple times, but I never replied.

He obviously absorbed the hint, because like I said, it only lasted a couple weeks.

But when guys like Kaperdick wear them for every post game interview, you just know it's one of those things kids are gonna want to wear. So when you see these things, try not too get to wrapped up in. It's just a fad and the kid under the "lid" may actually be a good kid.

Travis
Don't you just want to rip them off their head and curve it?

No.

Your reaction to his cap is exactly what the kid wanted to achieve, and he succeeded!

Let's see... flat top hair cuts, jelly roll hair, mullet, rolled up jeans, pegged pants, flared pants, rolled up short sleeves, short basketball shorts, long basketball shorts, longer basketball shorts, ear rings, tats... we could throw in cod pieces and powdered wigs!

Each was a fad that attempted to express a difference from the previous generation by refusing to follow its consensus styles. That irritates the previous generation, as intended.

Once in awhile the predictable silliness makes me want to pat the kid on the head, which is NOT the reaction he wants!

Flat caps will eat on me all day long as I pick huckleberries and hunt grouse.

[Linked Image]

When the kids started wearing their ball caps as depicted in this ^ picture, most also would leave the price tag hanging. I would casually approach a wearer and whisper to them "Did you know you have your cap on backwards and the tag is still on it?" My bride was certain one of these thug wannabes would punch or shoot me.

Some things are meant to be "just so" - bowling balls are supposed to be black, golf balls are supposed to be white and ball caps are supposed to be worn bill forward and bent in almost a half-circle.

Old joke - question and reply - Why do farmers roll the bill of their caps so tight? So they can stick their head farther into the mailbox to see if their check from the gov't came . . .
All this thread proves is that there is a bunch of old fuggers posting here.My old man hated the way I dressed when I was a kid.Jeans a black or white tee shirt with a cigarette pack rolled up in the sleeve.Black Keds or engineer boots.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

This... Aren't there more important things to worry about?
[Linked Image]

love that one!

Sycamore
Reminds me of "Satch" from the old Bowery Boy's movies.

[Linked Image]

I remember growing up we'd roll the bill of the cap (just enough, but not exaggerated) so we wouldn't have the flat bill like all the old men at the coffee shop had......
[Linked Image]

THAT IS SO TRUE!
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The person in the OP is a P.I.G. a term I coined meaning Person of Indeterminate Gender. This PIG is wearing earrings and lipstick and has no boobs, but is also wearing leather, a large watch, and has tattooed upper arms. Boy? Girl? It's too dangerous to probe further.

Glad I wasn't the only one.
Originally Posted by tjm10025

One of the real mysteries of life is why so many adolescent heterosexual girls find this sexually attractive.

[Linked Image]

Are you really sure "it" is a she and heterosexual?
Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away young people dressed like adults so that everyone would think they were adults.

Today in a galaxy real close kids dress stupid so that all adults will know they are stupid kids without an ounce of brain power under the lid.
I'm old - but I hope I never get so old that I freak out over a younger generations fad or fashion.
But this has been the order of things since recorded history ...

Personally, I look dumb in any kind of a cap no matter how I wear it.
Originally Posted by deflave
My son had one for a couple weeks. I didn't say anything. But there were times I would tell him "Take that hat off please" before we would walk into the hardware store or gun shop. He asked me "why" a couple times, but I never replied.

He obviously absorbed the hint, because like I said, it only lasted a couple weeks.

My boy went through that wigger phase, and had some of those goofy flat bill hats. He made the mistake, when he 1st got them, of leaving them out while he took a shower. In the interest of being a good father, I rolled them up properly for him before he came out. Man, but he squealed his a** off when he saw them......

He also got the hint, and never left them around me unattended after that........

What's that saying about all women are just two white zinfadels away from their first lesbian experience blush

How about because men don't wear caps/hats indoors?
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

What's that saying about all women are just two white zinfadels away from their first lesbian experience blush

umm..thank god for white zinfadel?
Flat bills go right along with pinning the ears back with cap, strange to me anyway.

Originally Posted by mathman

How about because men don't wear caps/hats indoors?

Well that would be a little hypocritical since I wear my hat indoors.

Travis
White zinfandel? Sheeit! Tequila is the stuff. If I marketed a brand of tequila I'd call it MPR.
Then remove it and set the example.
Originally Posted by mathman
Then remove it and set the example.

What example? It's 2014. People leave their hats on in the fuggin' hardware store. If you want it different join the Marine Corps.

Travis
I don't mind the flat bill hats, first of all kids will be kids, like earrings on a teenager, they don't know any better and most will grow out of the 'trend'...

For those who don't well it is an easy read on what type of person you are dealing with. I like to think of the flat billed hat as a modern day dunce cap. YMMV
Next thing you know light beer will be popular. We're going to hell on an express train! laugh
Just out of interest, do the younger blokes there wear those silly black ear-ring thingys with the big holes in them.

Hook a finger in one of those and you will have instant control.
Only the uber stupid ones...

Again they are doing me a service, they might as well wear a sign that reads I am stupid, please don't expect much out of me.
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Just out of interest, do the younger blokes there wear those silly black ear-ring thingys with the big holes in them.

pretty much no matter who you are with, when you see a kid (and I bet they are working a dead end job) with those big holes in their ear lobes, the person with you says "he'll never have a real job"

A lot of the younger European, Irish, and English fellows that are passing through are wearing (?) them, it seems to be catching on with the sexually ambiguous in the cities.

Some of them have a hole large enough to drop a twenty cent piece through.

A lot of the younger European, Irish, and English fellows that are passing through are wearing (?) them, it seems to be catching on with the sexually ambiguous in the cities.

Some of them have a hole large enough to drop a twenty cent piece through.
[Linked Image] = [Linked Image]= [Linked Image]
That 'dipschitt' in the first photo wouldn't know a Stillson wrench from a Phillips head screwdriver!

Look at his friggin hands! NEVER will those hands ever see a callous!!

pretty much no matter who you are with, when you see a kid (and I bet they are working a dead end job) with those big holes in their ear lobes, the person with you says "he'll never have a real job"

I work with a couple of designers that have smaller gauged earrings and they are some of the best electrical/instrumentation designers I've worked with in the past 20 years. Not dead end jobs as a top designer on a busy year with o/t will be pulling in six figures.

I think they look lame, but I'd rather hang out with those guys than most of the engineers I work with.
Originally Posted by RMulhern
That 'dipschitt' in the first photo wouldn't know a Stillson wrench from a Phillips head screwdriver!

He is worth about 200 million. I don't think he gives a shidt.
Hell, even all the major league guys and the college guys wear a flat billed hat...it drives me crazy.
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

I work with a couple of designers that have smaller gauged earrings and they are some of the best electrical/instrumentation designers I've worked with in the past 20 years. Not dead end jobs as a top designer on a busy year with o/t will be pulling in six figures.

I think they look lame, but I'd rather hang out with those guys than most of the engineers I work with.

I stand corrected - I figured button down shops wouldn't give them a second look
Alaska is pretty lax is dress. If you know your stuff and can produce, you'll stat employed and be well compensated.
My wife would fit right in with you grumpy old farts. She hates the flat-billed caps.

My son came home from a wrestling camp with a flat-billed cap that an NCAA champion wrestler was selling to raise funds to train and represent the United States of America at the United World Wrestling Freestyle Championships. I don't care for the caps but my son busted his butt and the kid that helped coach at the camp benefited so it was a win-win. Do I like it? No! Can I live with it? Absolutely.

Bigger problems going on in the world now.
When I grew up some men had tattoos and women wore earrings.
Not everybody has the face to rock a kromer.
these things are just fads and teen trends. We have had them for every generation.

If we (parents) raised our children with good values and morals, and have been the role models we should be, they'll come around.
As they mature the Ubangi ear lobes will close up, the piercings will go away.
Give a child a good start and they'll finish ok most of the time.

These damn kids and their rock and roll music

Circa.....1955

Jeeeez

Sit around and bitch about kids......funny
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter
Not everybody has the face to rock a kromer.

Never cared for a kromer. Design sucks.
Hey,if the Beav does it it's gotta cool.
i gritted my teeth during my boys wigger stage. thankfully it was shortlived. now they are "rednecks". while the dress code is more to my liking, the Froggy country music is unbearable. i try to let my kids express themselves as much as possible but listening to some dude sing schitty tunes through a friggen harmonica-sounding thingie is more than i can take. for christmas they are getting hank jr, george straight, waylon, etc cd's.
You really have nothing going on in your life that you worry about how kids wear their hats? Good lord this place is full of silliness.
Originally Posted by tzone
You really have nothing going on in your life that you worry about how kids wear their hats? Good lord this place is full of silliness.

nope, that's priority #1
Originally Posted by Mossy
Originally Posted by RMulhern

He is worth about 200 million. I don't think he gives a shidt.

Yeah...and he'll be flat-azzed broke before he turns his first grey hair! Speaks a lot to the dumbazzes that provided him with his loot!!
I have always been told that the stickers are left on the hat and the bill is left flat to make it easier to trade it for a new one in the store (steal a new hat). Walk in with a hat on but nobody really notices which one it is. Then you can swap it out with any other hat on the shelf and wear it out of he store. I do not know if this is true or not, but I have heard it from many people
Originally Posted by tzone

Yet you somehow managed to spare the time from your obviously hectic life to criticize his opinion, lol.

Isn't that what the campfire is for... shootin' the chit that happens to be on your mind at the time, meaningful or not?

As to the title of the thread, I'll never understand why people intentionally choose to overtly advertise they're an idiot but it can save some time.
I think the Oakster^^^ may have nailed it. Makes sense.
Flat bills are just as bad as the "Nascar bend".... In the middle is just about right.
Well, thank god nobody wears them like this anymore. The goofballs that came out with this style never amounted to nothin'.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Is at a girl or a guy? Hard to tell.
Those girls Biebs and Krapadick have got absolutely nothin' on Rez Buck. Straight up 360` panoramic flat bill.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Yep. The hobbies many have on here is stunning.
© 24hourcampfire