Home
Posted By: OrangeOkie Oklahoma St vs TacoTech - 09/25/14
Should be a barn burner on ESPN now!
Posted By: eyeball Re: Oklahoma St vs TacoTech - 09/25/14
All right. Thanks OO.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Oklahoma St vs TacoTech - 09/25/14
WTH
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Oklahoma St vs TacoTech - 09/25/14
That was way too easy for taco. Looks like we're in for a long night. Should be an offensive slug fest.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Oklahoma St vs TacoTech - 09/26/14
Dayom. I thought that leg was broke from the first when I saw him go down.

Dayom that replay really looks like his leg snapped bad.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Oklahoma St vs TacoTech - 09/26/14
Our best corner too.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Oklahoma St vs TacoTech - 09/26/14
If anyone is unaware of my reactionary leanings, they haven't been paying attenion. (See second signature line.) Can anyone else remember when teams had identifiable uniforms, at least for the duration of a season? How about when schools actually had school colors that were reflected in their uniforms? How soon will it be before the stylin' moves on to mascots that change week-to-week? "Last week we was the Rappas. This week we be the Ho-Beatas. Next week we gon be the Baby Daddies." That ought to be a real boost to recruiting.
Agreed. Tech's New uniforms & helmets really suck!

Hope they beat the hell outta OSU! Kinda doubt it, though.
But the players love 'em
Texas Tech gonna kick ass.

Did y'all see the replay of that low leg break?
They'd love to smoke dope on the sideline and have sex in the locker room at half-time, too. (Hey, another great recruiting tool!)
Awrite.

Sorry Ken. I mean, All right. I'm not used to seeing Texas teams make good catches.
Posted By: poboy Re: Oklahoma St vs TacoTech - 09/26/14
Ah, the Ricky Williams system.
What a move.
Looks like Tech came to play tonight.
Posted By: Techsan Re: Oklahoma St vs TacoTech - 09/26/14
My guns are up suckers.
Couple of well-oiled machines. wink
Great catch by the OSU Reciever at the Goal line. Don't think Tech could have defended that play much better than flat out pass interference.
Giants are beating the Redskins 7 to 0 late in the 1st Qtr. Cousins isn't looking so hot tonight. Skins need to bring out Colt McCoy!
Tech receivers can't catch their AZZ tonight!!!
Great INT by Tech in the End zone to stop OSU drive!

OSU leads 21 to 14 at the half. Pretty good game, so far.
Originally Posted by eyeball
Texas Tech gonna kick ass next year.

Did y'all see the replay of that low leg break?
Two great long pass plays. Taco backfield can't take a hint.
I missed it. Did it look as bad as Theisman's leg did when LT snapped his?
This games about to get ugly. OSU is staring to wear out Tech's pass defense
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I missed it. Did it look as bad as Theisman's leg did when LT snapped his?

Almost. Foot above ankle bent outward at nearly ninety. Two OSU guys out this game and tact t still can't see daylight.
Despite all the dropped passes, Tech's OF has played surprisingly well
Unreal. 3rd and 18. Crap, just run it.
OSU is the better team.
Unreal. 3rd and 18. Crap, just run it.

Yep. Tech has no DF. What else is new wink
Well, OSU does have the upper hand with 45 Texicans on their team. Either way, Texas wins, one way or the other. wink
This is a very entertaining game. typical tech v cowboys
I blame a lot of that on Mack Brown. I think he killed the recruiting for Texas players the last two years. JMO, though
Keystone cops.
I blame a lot of that on Mack Brown. I think he killed the recruiting for Texas players the last two years. JMO, though

How bout as long as his predecessor and he were at UT? And now UT has the flunky.
Too much pressure for that Rookie QB!

Bring out Testaverti's kiddo.
No, it wasnt late.

How bout as long as his predecessor and he were at UT? And now UT has the flunky.

Agreed Doc, the near future doesn't look to bright for them.
Sweet baby Jesus it's gonna be a long year for Tech fans. [bleep] me.
And UT too.
Eli and the Giants are puttin it too the Redskins! 38 to 14 at the start of the 4th qtr
Posted By: RyanTX Re: Oklahoma St vs TacoTech - 09/26/14
Kingsberry seems to be more concerned about how fashionable our team looks than how they play. I've never seen so many uniform changes in one season. But, hey, as long as they look pretty for him right?

He may be a good coach some day, but he doesn't have the experience yet to run the entire program. But hey, all the administration cares about is all of the women in town wearing the "my coach is hotter than your coach" t-shirts and thus selling tickets. Tickets this year wear scooped up on that notion. We'll see how that plays out next year after a losing season.
Ryan, we're gonna struggle to be a .500 team this year, and with the defensive issues it's gonna take at least two years of strong recruiting classes deep with d tackles and linebackers before we'll know whether Kliff can field a team that can compete for a conference championship. 2008 seems like a long time ago...
Williams: Hard truth: OSU lapping Red Raiders

Red Raiders' last win against Cowboys was in 2008

Posted: September 24, 2014 - 5:27pm

[Linked Image]

Late on the night of Nov. 8, 2008, probably everyone inside Jones Stadium and those watching on TV were too zeroed in on short-term ramifications to think very far into the future.

Why would they, given the emotions of the evening?

After No. 2 Texas Tech�s 56-20 romp against No. 8 Oklahoma State, the Red Raiders and their giddy fans were thinking ahead to the next game against Oklahoma and, just maybe, a spot in the national championship game. Tech stood at a program pinnacle, the Red Raiders sporting a 10-0 record and as high a ranking as they�ve ever achieved.

They were in win-now mode.

Meanwhile, Oklahoma State and its backers had to be wondering if the Cowboys could have sustained success against Texas Tech, something they�d not enjoyed since the World War II years. There was little reason to think so, considering OSU had gone 4-9 against Tech in their first 13 years as Big 12 opponents.

Now here we are in 2014 and Tech�s not beaten Oklahoma State since.

The Cowboys own a five-game winning streak in the series and are double-digit favorites to make it six when the two teams meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday for a nationally televised Big 12 opener in Stillwater.

The cold fact is, Oklahoma State passed Tech in the Big 12 hierarchy some time ago. The average margin of victory during that five-game win streak, 47-19, should silence any dissent.

That�s of little consequence to the current Red Raiders.

�Streak, no streak, you don�t really think about that,� junior center Jared Kaster said. �It motivates you a little bit. You�re not going in there to break a streak. You�re going in there to play a game.

�That�s not the main goal here. The main goal is win, go 1-0 in the conference.�

How did it come to this? Sure, the college careers of Graham Harrell and Michael Crabtree and some top-notch seniors ended after the 2008 season, but that was a small factor. Tech had already gotten the better of OSU for a decade before they arrived.

Here are the real answers in two-word snippets: Boone Pickens, awesome facilities, coaching continuity and recruiting Texas.

That�s a lot to overcome.

Consider that Tech recently trumpted the start of a $185 million athletics capital campaign, whereas Pickens nearly a decade ago showered OSU athletics with a $165 million donation by himself. College football�s most famous benefactor has given $500 million to his alma mater, half to the athletic department, so that the places the Cowboys eat, sleep, train and work out take a back seat to hardly any college football team.

Pickens dropped the $165 million in 2005, which coincided with alumnus Mike Gundy�s return as head coach. OSU stuck with Gundy when he lost 12 of his first 16 conference games. The patience has been rewarded the last six years with six seasons in a row of winning records in the Big 12, three 10-win campaigns, two nine-win seasons and a conference title.

That�s given Gundy cachet to cross the border and raid Texas in a manner that might meet even Barry Switzer�s approval. Oklahoma State has 66 Texans on its roster. Of the 55 players listed on the current depth chart � a two-deep and three at some positions � 18 of 29 on offense and 15 of 26 on defense went to Texas high schools.

Of course, not all those players are ones Texas Tech recruited, but a good many of them could make the Red Raiders better.

This illustates the point: The Cowboys are 22-3 against schools from Texas since 2009.

Throw in the coaching upheaval Tech�s experienced the last five years, and you have the goods on how this series took a 180-degree turn in a short time.

That�s more than the current Red Raiders have any business pondering Thursday night, but that�s the predicament in which the program finds itself.

The turnaround needs to start somewhere, and soon.

[email protected]

� 766-8734

Follow Don on Twitter
@AJ_DonWilliams
Posted By: RyanTX Re: Oklahoma St vs TacoTech - 09/26/14
That article is spot on = T Boone Pickens = $$$$.

Unless Tech gets an athletics sugar daddy, we'll never be able to compete with UT and A&M from within the state for recruiting, much less OU and OSU from outside the state. We'll always be a mediocre team that occasionally gets someone that was overlooked and proceeds to play beyond their potential.

Or, we'll get lucky from time to time and get that recruit that knows that, as good as he may be, he'll still be 2nd or 3rd string at a major school or he could start at Tech.

Tech was also excited about Kingsberry because, since he's obviously familiar with Tech, he's less likely to jump ship in a couple of years and will hopefully stick around long enough to a) became a good coach himself and b) MAYBE be able to build the program up.

We were good in 2008, in my opinion, because Leach was a coach that could get players to play beyond their potential. He was a master craftsman at that. Regardless of the jerk he may have been in person, he knew how to take coal and make it into a diamond. I know he didn't do it right off of the bat, but with time he did it with no new $$ resources. If Kingsberry can't do that and doesn't get a sugar daddy, we'll continue with what we've always been - also rans.

Boy, when I read over that, it's hard to believe I'm actually a Tech fan, ha.
Call up Mike Slive and ask to join the SEC.
Originally Posted by RyanTX
That article is spot on = T Boone Pickens = $$$$.

Unless Tech gets an athletics sugar daddy, we'll never be able to compete with UT and A&M from within the state for recruiting, much less OU and OSU from outside the state. We'll always be a mediocre team that occasionally gets someone that was overlooked and proceeds to play beyond their potential...

And therein lies one of the main things wrong with college football.
© 24hourcampfire