Home
Just broke in on news here that there is a patient in isolation at Presbyterian hospital showing signs of the virus
Is it black?
Dunno??? They ain't sayin' much.
As Gomer Pyle so aptly spoke: "Suprise!...Suprise!....Suprise!"
Originally Posted by eyeball
Is it black?

Virus or the patient? grin

Tulsa 10:00PM news reporting it, too. No real details.

Ed
But, but all of the experts say that we needn't worry about them bringing those exposed to Ebola to America.

[Linked Image]
Funded by you, the YT American taxpayer.
Thanks to Degenerate Democrats !
What next? - Section 8 housing ??
Signs of the virus" could also be a thousand other things.
It's stupid to assume it's Ebola before test results come in
In this case, it would be stupider to assume it's something else.

Dr. Welby.

"The hospital made the determination based on the patients symptoms and recent travel history. Hospital officials said they are following all Centers for Disease Control and Texas Department of Health recommendations for the safety of anyone at the hospital."

It's stupid to ASSUME anything at all when all they need to do is wait for the lab tests before making announcements
You're right, a person fresh from Africa and exhibiting Ebola symptoms should be treated just like anyone else.

Have you worked hard all your life to be such a complete moron, or does it just come easily for you?
Originally Posted by smokepole

Dr. Welby.

"The hospital made the determination based on the patients symptoms and recent travel history. Hospital officials said they are following all Centers for Disease Control and Texas Department of Health recommendations for the safety of anyone at the hospital."
Anyone who traveled to those areas needs to be quarantined for ten days if they wish to reenter the US.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by smokepole

Dr. Welby.

Anyone who traveled to those areas needs to be quarantined for ten days if they wish to reenter the US.

10 days?

Incubation period for Ebola is reportedly up to 21 days.

DF
Originally Posted by Snyper

That is why the person is in isolation as the tests are being run. Leaving them in the general population would be very stupid.

I am sure that the hospital would welcome your expertise. Please feel free to go there and help.
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
10 days?

Make it 21 days, then.
It can quickly progress to a logistical and civil liberties nightmare.

Quarantine where and who gets quarantined? Who picks up the tab when the quarantine population grows? This could easily set up a scenario for FEMA/CDC/etc. to push for martial law and subsequent bureaucratic tyranny. You may find out why domestic govt. agencies have been buying up millions of rounds of pistol ammo.

I don't think we're set up for big time quarantines for a deadly disease with vague early symptoms and a relatively long incubation period.

DF
10 days?

Make it 21 days, then.

This is why TRH is so entertaining. Only he could argue against spending the money it takes to put this fire out over there and simultaneously advocate a three week Ebola Quarantine, the cost of which would be comparable to a three week ICU stay.

How the hell do you get that stupid? Do you have to go to school for that??? Think of how many people would have to be quarantined by this logic after the epidemic spreads because we didn't put out the fire. Think about how many people it will take to determine who has visited an area in which an active outbreak is occurring or has occurred, or who has had contact with someone who has visited one of those areas. Like I said, even my dog does math better than that, and she's a setter for christs sake.
Originally Posted by 4ager

That is why the person is in isolation as the tests are being run. Leaving them in the general population would be very stupid.

I am sure that the hospital would welcome your expertise. Please feel free to go there and help.

I never said a word about not isolating them
I said it was stupid to ASSUME and REPORT that it's a case of Ebola.

Read what I say rather than what I didn't
I read what you said. I also read the report about a possible Ebola case prompting isolation. The stupidity would be to NOT isolate such a case and NOT report such a case (as required by law).

Please, feel free to go assist the hospital in dealing with this situation.
I wonder what is going to happen when the 3,000 soldiers sent to Africa start getting infected.................and I don't think it's a question of if, just a question of when.

MM
I read what you said. I also read the report about a possible Ebola case prompting isolation. The stupidity would be to NOT isolate such a case and NOT report such a case (as required by law).

One more time.
Read it slowly

I NEVER said it was wrong to isolate them
I said it was wrong to REPORT it as a case of Ebola until tests came in

As for "required by law to report", there is nothing to report until tests come back,

OK, in the case of a recently returned traveler to Africa, could you please LIST the first five ?

Thanks,

GTC
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I wonder what is going to happen when the 3,000 soldiers sent to Africa start getting infected.................and I don't think it's a question of if, just a question of when.

MM

As heartbreaking as it is to type, I think you're on to something.

Bad business, this,....VERY bad.

GTC

One more time.
Read it slowly

I NEVER said it was wrong to isolate them
I said it was wrong to REPORT it as a case of Ebola until tests came in

As for "required by law to report", there is nothing to report until tests come back,

Wrong, again. The justification for the isolation was suspicion of Ebola. That suspicion, of a foreign and highly infectious, highly lethal virus is required to be reported to CDC and state/federal health agencies in order to comply with federal law and in order to justify (and pay for) the extremely high level isolation unit, personnel, and testing.

Both are required, and both were done within the requirements.

I happened to work with some of the top infectious disease researchers in the world for several years. This stuff was a rather common topic of conversation.

Please, feel free to go to Texas and assist the hospital with the situation given your level of expertise.

Don't mind 4ager. He's highly emotional, and has the tendency to misinterpret what someone is saying when the issue is something about which he feels strongly.
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

OK, in the case of a recently returned traveler to Africa, could you please LIST the first five ?

Thanks,

GTC

Most symptoms, (fever, nausea, headache) are the same for most viruses.

Why pretend you don't understand these simple concepts?

Symptoms of Ebola include. Fever (greater than 38.6�C or 101.5�F) Severe headache; Muscle pain; Weakness; Diarrhea; Vomiting; Abdominal (stomach) pain;

Detect early symptoms of the flu before it becomes full-blown. Watch out for fatigue, chills, cough, sore throat, fever, and gastrointestinal symptoms.

I am about to send one of my regular, mostly futile, emails to my congress creatures asking them to suspend refugee entries from any country with Ebola outbreaks.

MM
Absolutely.

Don't mind 4ager. He's highly emotional, and has the tendency to misinterpret what someone is saying when the issue is something about which he feels strongly.

Nope. I simply stated facts. You, too, are welcome to assist the hospital with your expertise on the matter. Then again, don't you have an abortion clinic bomber to defend already?

Thanks,

GTC

No pretense,....

LIST the first five !

Or just STFU

Nope. I simply stated facts. You, too, are welcome to assist the hospital with your expertise on the matter. Then again, don't you have an abortion clinic bomber to defend already?
Your emotions just lead you by the nose, don't they? Where have I supported an abortion clinic bomber??
Where have you ever posted anything worth a sheit, ever?

Your emotions just lead you by the nose, don't they? Where have I supported an abortion clinic bomber??

The video thread. Please see that one for clarification.

Facts are emotionless. I've posted facts on that thread and this one.

Then again, don't you have an abortion clinic bomber to defend already?
Where have I supported an abortion clinic bomber??

Damn.

Does this mean you haven't read your other thread and done a double face palm yet?
Originally Posted by RWE

Damn.

Does this mean you haven't read your other thread and done a double face palm yet?
I've yet to see any evidence the man was plotting an abortion clinic bombing, or had planned one in the past.
Originally Posted by RWE

Damn.

I've yet to see any evidence the man was plotting an abortion clinic bombing, or had planned one in the past.

You don't read nor comprehend well. He was convicted, on his own admission, of plotting to bomb an abortion clinic (the SAME one he was video-taping, against court order, again in the video you posted), in 2006. Read the stuff on the other thread you posted. It's right there for you.
You don't read nor comprehend well. He was convicted, on his own admission, of plotting to bomb an abortion clinic (the SAME one he was video-taping, against court order, again in the video you posted), in 2006. Read the stuff on the other thread you posted. It's right there for you.
I'll make it easy for you and assume you're correct. How does that make me a supporter of an abortion clinic bomber. I'm an opponent of cops abusing their authority. Is it your opinion that when cops stumble on bad guys by means of abuse of authority that abuse of authority by cops becomes a good thing?
I find it interesting that THR is accusing someone else of being lead around my emotions when he won't do the basic research of a simple google search on any of the drivel he posts (such as a convicted felon, attempted abortion clinic bomber being properly stopped for a Terry stop then getting his azz arrested for disorderly conduct and violation of a restraining order and parole violation).

Emotion has nothing to do with his knee-jerk responses to what he perceives as an affront to liberty (even if the "affront" is a proper detention of a felon in violation of court orders).
I'll make it easy for you and assume you're correct. How does that make me a supporter of an abortion clinic bomber. I'm an opponent of cops abusing their authority. Is it your opinion that when cops stumble on bad guys by means of abuse of authority that abuse of authority by cops becomes a good thing?

It was a proper Terry stop, as explained in the other thread (that you are avoiding, quite obviously). During a Terry stop, the officers have the proper authority to frisk the subject for weapons (as upheld by the SCOTUS many times). During that proper frisk, the subject flailed around enough to warrant arrest for disorderly conduct and 2nd degree assault. After the fact, once his identification was run - gosh, I wonder why he didn't want to produce it earlier? - it was found that he had plotted to bomb the exact same clinic he was video taping in 2006 and was in violation of court orders and parole by video taping it and being within 1000 feet of the clinic in the first place.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...s/9218071/Assaulted_Arrested_For_Not_Sho

Those are the facts. Deal with them as you may, or as you are obviously intent upon doing, avoid them as they are an anathema to your position.
4ager, I hope you enjoy the type of society you're fostering when it turns around and bites you, or one of your loved one, on the rear end one day.
What type of society is that, TRH? I can guarantee that you don't have a clue about that at all, but you're welcome to try. I can see that you're trying to make this a personal attack on me since your position on the other thread has been destroyed by facts, so go right ahead. It's a rather weak attempt, though.

MM

No, it is not a question of when. If you consider the numbers, at any given time there appears to be something less than 100 people infected in an area the size of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and the Dakotas.

Think about that. Think about it again. It would be difficult to find and be infected by one of 100 or so people in an area that size for us, and we have an excellent communication and transportation system to make it possible.

With decent protective gear and an adequate supply of chlorine bleach it has been demonstrated well more than just adequately a person can safely function for some few days. Where the problem arises is keeping the primary treatment personnel in that envelope of protection day in and day out for weeks at a time without error.

The soldiers are not in the primary treatment business. They are setting up field hospitals. Their exposure to active virus will be drastically limited. Unless they get stupid and open the envelope and expose themselves they have little risk. Just as the medical personnel here doing the primary care for the infected individuals brought here, or the virus scientists who have been working with the virus here have had zero infections in almost forty years.

When dealing with something like this, the probability of being perfect and remaining within the envelope is much, much higher for a minute or an hour or a single day than say a week or a month. It is more doable for more people than fewer. They must work withing a system designed to function without error to the extent possible. That means adequate time out of danger to resume extreme vigilance when returned to duty and enough support personnel to monitor and maintain process throughout.

There is no reason whatsoever to expect infection of these soldiers. All of them, all of their supervisory personnel and all of their contacts will be carefully monitored and recorded.
10 days?

Make it 21 days, then.

damn your quick to take away rights when your scared arent you.....your ideals you try and preach about rights go right to chit when you get scared

Thanks,

GTC

No pretense,....

LIST the first five !

Or just STFU

seriously he is right, you want a list?

Gastroenteritis
Acute sinusitis
Aseptic meningitis
Aseptic meningitis
Tension headache
Food poisoning
Hepatitis A
Mononucleosis
Lyme disease
Chronic kidney disease
Influenza
and well over 100 others....think about it for a minute, the same damn symptoms start off most diseases and health issues hence the reason you have to go to the doc and have them do cultures to figure out just whats wrong....

now yeah someone coming back from west Africa that appears sick should be quarantined but quite frankly the guy may just have the flu.......and whats funny about all this is TRH advocationg it when this is gonna step on the rights and make cops the bad guy so anyone want to take bets the first time someone wants to leave and gets roughed up by cops cause he tried he is gonna be beotching about the cops....or is his fear of ebola worse than his fear of cops and the government?
Originally Posted by rattler
10 days?

Make it 21 days, then.

damn your quick to take away rights when your scared arent you.....your ideals you try and preach about rights go right to chit when you get scared

That one is going to sting quite a bit.
course by his statement we should also be quarantining anyone that gets off a flight from Asia as thats where the real bad bugs have come from in the past and will come from in the future....

course at what point does individual freedoms go down the drain for safety of the majority.....i have a feeling this whole ebola thing is going to cause chit to go down the rabbit hole it should have in 2002-2003 with SARS and didnt but gonna have to get tested sometime...the clock is ticking down to the next Spanish Flu
[quote=The_Real_Hawkeye]Anyone who traveled to those areas needs to be quarantined for ten days if they wish to reenter the US.
10 days?

Make it 21 days, then.

That one is going to sting quite a bit.

It is impossible to hurt Hawkeye's feelings for more than about five minutes or so.

Then he'll post some new idiocy as if nothing had happened to him this morning.
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I am about to send one of my regular, mostly futile, emails to my congress creatures asking them to suspend refugee entries from any country with Ebola outbreaks.

Shouldn't have to ask. It should be automatic suspension of entry when this kind of thing happens. Our law makers are to busy making laws to control us.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/09/29/...ng-patient-for-potential-ebola-exposure/

Nope. I simply stated facts. You, too, are welcome to assist the hospital with your expertise on the matter.

What does anything you said have to do with reporting it to the MEDIA?

Reporting ACTUAL cases is required
Show your proof they have to report "possible" cases
Originally Posted By: crossfireoops

No pretense,....

I've long suspected you were really that dense
Thanks for the confirmation

LOL, and assume they are not infected.

Nope. I simply stated facts. You, too, are welcome to assist the hospital with your expertise on the matter.

What does anything you said have to do with reporting it to the MEDIA?

Reporting ACTUAL cases is required
Show your proof they have to report "possible" cases

The reporting is to CDC and state health agencies. That reporting is required in order to request CDC assistance in isolation and testing. See here: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6153a1.htm

Now, whether such reports are required to be released as public information is a separate matter. That would be the situation here. Figure out whether TX requires such information be released as a matter of public record or whether the CDC released it.
What were we talking about again?
Originally Posted by Steelhead
What were we talking about again?

laugh

This train jumped the track a ways back... shocked

DF
If Ebola is stateside, it's not good.

It would be fitting to point out that this didn't "Happen" to us.

It was DONE to us.

Than again, per some of our renowned Campfire epidemiology whizzes, he may just have a touch of food poisoning, or a headache crazy

We better relax, eh ?

GTC
Originally Posted by isaac
If Ebola is stateside, it's not good.

You are 100% correct. This plays right into a possible Martial Law scenario not to mention a bunch of dead people.
all i said was the basic symptoms, especially at the beginning are the same as 100 other things which they are....i also said he should be quarantined if he was showing said symptoms....
Well, it's been confirmed as Ebola.

Next?
good question.....actually not a hell of alot other than keep an eye out....maybe take a page from how China, Philippines and Canada handled SARS but alot of peoples rights are gonna get stepped on in the process.....and with our current administration chances are chit is gonna get ugly cause chances of it being used for a power play are also very high.....plus with the phugging idiots we have in charge even without doing that chances are they are gonna phug it up anyway....
good question.....actually not a hell of alot other than keep an eye out....maybe take a page from how China, Philippines and Canada handled SARS but alot of peoples rights are gonna get stepped on in the process.....and with our current administration chances are chit is gonna get ugly cause chances of it being used for a power play are also very high.....plus with the phugging idiots we have in charge even without doing that chances are they are gonna phug it up anyway....

Well, TRH is fine with that, so why should we worry?
Ob will declare marshal law, suspend the elections and continue as president.

Well, TRH is fine with that, so why should we worry?

grin

but it is interesting, how far do individual rights matter in something akin to a Spanish Flu or Black Death scenario? even in the US i have a feeling Ebola is going to be fairly easy to contain as the mobile infectious period is to damn short....but its gonna be a trial run for when something worse does hit....

and to clear the air since some cant seem to understand what i mean by easy to contain i dont mean a fair number of people wont possibly get sick....its just going to be fairly easy to identify and get those who are sick contained compared to something like SARS or Pandemic Influenza....
You might ought to look into what can be done under quarantine law here in the US. There's a lot of power available to public health departments even if they have all basically been gutted.

DocRocket has weighed in on that matter once already, but if anyone really wants to know read Betrayal of Trust. It chronicles the dismantling of an outstanding system.
Originally Posted by MILES58
You might ought to look into what can be done under quarantine law here in the US. There's a lot of power available to public health departments even if they have all basically been gutted.

DocRocket has weighed in on that matter once already, but if anyone really wants to know read Betrayal of Trust. It chronicles the dismantling of an outstanding system.

i know, but thats not what im talking about.....im talking a pure constitutionalists interpretation like TRH preaches, atleast till ebola is knocking on his door grin hitting real world of a bug that can EASILY kill 50% of a countries population....at some point ideals likely have to go out the window....the scary thing is if it has to happen when jack arses like we currently have are the ones in power.....people both power hungry and able to phug up a wet dream with their stupidity....
all i said was the basic symptoms, especially at the beginning are the same as 100 other things which they are....i also said he should be quarantined if he was showing said symptoms....

You say A LOT, these days.

I do appreciate you and Snyper putting my mind at ease,...

GTC

You say A LOT, these days.

I do appreciate you and Snyper putting my mind at ease,...

GTC

and with the exception of defending Mark several months back ive generally been right...unfortunately some read chit into what i say that aint there.........
and as far as chit like this.....ive generally already had a conversation with someone thats dedicated their life studying these bugs ontop of my own research.....infact the guy i generally talk to would prolly cause TRH to chit himself cause he is the reason atleast some of my emails get read by big brother grin
Ya' know, there's wind, rain and fresh air right outside the door of wherever you're currently holed up.

The entire TONE of your posts would indicate that you might be well advised to PARTAKE of some of those blessings.

Putting those jerk off "smileys' into a discussion like this is just right OFF the goddam wall.

GTC
lack of a vehicle at the moment has me a bit stove up.....working on that end but until thenwaiting for opener to come along in a few weeks so i can go chase elk, mule deer and black bear....unfortunately my phuggin knees have made getting a regular 9-5 job near impossible so i work when i can....
© 24hourcampfire