Home
Posted By: Bootsfishing His Last song..... - 10/15/14
I always have enjoy his music

Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: His Last song..... - 10/15/14
I also enjoy his music. Meeting him in person (twice) wasn't such a great experience, but he was an extremely talented performer.

He's now in a long-term Alzheimer's treatment facility. I wouldn't wish that on anyone or their family.

Thanks for sharing that. I hadn't heard that one.

Ed
Posted By: bruinruin Re: His Last song..... - 10/15/14
I would have liked to see him perform on his last tour, but it wasn't in the cards, (credit cards, that is).
Posted By: kwg020 Re: His Last song..... - 10/15/14
So long Glen. It's been good knowing you. kwg
Posted By: efw Re: His Last song..... - 10/16/14
Wow how anyone could possible hear/see that with a dry eye is beyond me. Awesome song and great story from one of the greats.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: His Last song..... - 10/16/14
He did a lot of hard drugs in the 70's & 80's plus he was an alcoholic, too. I always wondered if that kind of abuse leads to or makes a person more prone to have alzheimers ?

I've always enjoyed his music, and probably he was in the top 3 all time guitar greats in Country Music. Right up there with Chet Atkins & Roy Clark, talent wise.

Most people don't know that he toured with the Beach Boys when Brian Wilson had his mental break down. Also, at one time, he had played Guitar on more recorded albums than any other Musician.

He also played Guitar on the recording of the Instrumental song, "Classical Gas" .
The guy whom wrote and supposedly recorded the song, Mason Williams, was from my home town, but Glen actually layed down the tracks for the Record. He also layed down the lead guitar tracks for a lot of the Beach Boys biggest hits.
Posted By: sse Re: His Last song..... - 10/16/14
I always have enjoy his music

Me, too...OT, but I always loved Roger Miller's music, also...
Posted By: Bootsfishing Re: His Last song..... - 10/16/14
another great segment...he talks about meeting John Wayne

Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: His Last song..... - 10/16/14
Through cupped hands 'round the tin can
I pretend to hold you to my breast and find
That you're waiting from the backroads
By the rivers of my memories
Ever smilin' ever gentle on my mind
© 24hourcampfire