Home
Posted By: hatari FSU VS ND - 10/16/14
Had a buddy take a stand on the game. What do you think?

I don't post a lot of "opinions" here.... But I couldn't let this one go as I try to get excited for #2 Florida St vs #5 Notre Dame on Saturday night. Thanks to the Winston drama we're not talking about or listening to football. Instead we hear about sexual misconduct, stealing from grocery stores and potentially taking $$ for memorabilia which by the way I think college athletes deserve if they get it. But rules are rules. Both of these quaterbacks, #5's have had their issues but which would you prefer? The one that owned up to his mistake, continued to gain college credit, applied for reinstatement at Notre Dame when he had countless offers to transfer, went to football camp while he sacrificed a year of football eligibility AND asked each player on the Irish for forgiveness and their blessing to rejoin the TEAM. OR the #5 that's put himself before his football team, education, his baseball team, his "university"(if we can still call it that) and the rules. Yes FSU fans, so far he's been found innocent more often than not, but c'mon, where there's smoke there's fire. Everett Golson and Notre Dame have already won Saturday night, despite what the scoreboard says Sunday morning.
Posted By: pointer Re: FSU VS ND - 10/16/14
I agree, but I am a very devout wink fan of Notre Dame football. I hope the scoreboard reflects the choices each have made, but I'm not confident that it will...
Posted By: 4ager Re: FSU VS ND - 10/16/14
I can't stand the Whinin'Irish and their own little cult (which has included the NotredameBroadcastingCompany). I have never rooted for them and I never will.

That said, I won't be upset at all of Florida State loses this weekend. ND can lose later (and should).
Posted By: mirage243 Re: FSU VS ND - 10/16/14
They are not the #2 and #5 teams in the country even though the polls say they are.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: FSU VS ND - 10/16/14
One of those times when I wish both teams could lose.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

So true.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: FSU VS ND - 10/16/14

A classic catholics vs. convicts matchup.

I hate both programs, but for different reasons. I am rooting for the Irish on this one. I agree w/ 4ager on this one - the Irish can lose later . . .
Posted By: RWE Re: FSU VS ND - 10/16/14
If nothing else, you can hear bag pipes in South Bend, while enjoying a Killian's and a rueben (that's a sammich, by the way)
Originally Posted by RWE
If nothing else, you can hear bag pipes in South Bend, while enjoying a Killian's and a rueben (that's a sammich, by the way)

Killian's is not a beer, however.

In Tallahassee, you can hear jungle music, while enjoying a fo'tay of malt liquor and a chicken leg (that's a snack, by the way).
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: FSU VS ND - 10/16/14
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
A classic catholics vs. convicts matchup.

All those Notre Dame players are catholic. Right. smirk
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: FSU VS ND - 10/16/14
While I despise FSU, I can't have much love for ND either & it's gotten worse with the little prick Kelley there, & they sure as hell are not the 5th best team in the country.

Reality will likely set in on the scoreboard for ND as they will lose handily.

unless there is divine intervention by the officials..........

MM
Posted By: MadMooner Re: FSU VS ND - 10/16/14
Catholics vs convicts?

Who's who?
Posted By: JGRaider Re: FSU VS ND - 10/16/14
I can't stand FSU, and have hated ND all my life. FSU will beat the living piss out of the domers. It'll be over by halftime.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: FSU VS ND - 10/16/14
Has ND ever been under rated?
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: FSU VS ND - 10/17/14
Originally Posted by Steelhead

^^^This!^^^
Posted By: P_Weed Re: FSU VS ND - 10/17/14

I'm Jimmy Crack Corn on this one.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: FSU VS ND - 10/17/14
for me, it's one of those games I wish both teams could lose.
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: FSU VS ND - 10/17/14
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
for me, it's one of those games I wish both teams could lose.

Same here. It's hard to dislike one over the other.
© 24hourcampfire