Home
Thought i'd throw this one out there to go along with the other thread.

I don't remember what year it was, 81-82 maybe, but it was the Cars at the Spokane Colliseum.

The most boring show I've ever attended, watching paint dry would have been more entertaining.

They just stood there playing their songs then walked off stage at the end. Thankfully they didn't do an encore.
I fell asleep at a Def Leppard concert once. But I was really tired. Lol

Eric
Garth Brooks - late 90's

Was boring, not a good show, just bland in every respect.
Guns & Roses at the Birmingham Horse arena. Promoters didn't count on a rain a couple days before and 100,000 fans churned the ground into a mud pit.

Fans stood in mud half way to their knees and wound up throwing mud at the band and provoked Axl into a cussing rant. The only thing cool about it was the hot chick I pulled out of the mud and put on my shoulders.I was always the gentleman.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Thought i'd throw this one out there to go along with the other thread.

I don't remember what year it was, 81-82 maybe, but it was the Cars at the Spokane Colliseum.

The most boring show I've ever attended, watching paint dry would have been more entertaining.

They just stood there playing their songs then walked off stage at the end. Thankfully they didn't do an encore.

Saw them in Boston right around that time also. Yep they are boring. Several people I know who had seen before told me to expect a boring show.
Dwight Yoakum

Waited an hour an a half for his crew to try and get him sober enough to get on stage. When he did he stumbled all over the place and couldn't remember half the lyrics.

Good thing Suzy Bogguss was a good sport and kept playing until that idiot could get on stage.
Christopher Titus and Everlast did a USO concert in Mosul in 09. Titus was hilarious, Everlast sucked. He kept complaining about the dust during his concert, even during sucks. He spent a few hours dealing with what we lived in, and whined the whole time... Not impressed.
David Allen Coe, Man was drunk, stoned, or some combo to the point of muttering

Same problem with Hank Williams Jr,,, but that concert was saved by The Kentucky Headhunters and Sawyer Brown.. they both put on great shows
Originally Posted by teal
Garth Brooks - late 90's

Was boring, not a good show, just bland in every respect.

That one surprises me. I have seen Garth a few times and he's always put on a great show.
The Marshall Tucker Band by far the worst I ever saw, about half the audience walked out.
Originally Posted by PPosey

Same problem with Hank Williams Jr,,, but that concert was saved by The Kentucky Headhunters and Sawyer Brown.. they both put on great shows

Some close friends of mine won tickets and back stage passes to that concert and said the same thing. They said Hank was a drunk prick and the Headhunters were really great down to earth guys.
1976 or so, wife and I went to Reno to one of the big clubs (Harold's, maybe) to see Merle Haggard. We got really nice seats up toward the front. Drunk lady right behind us kept singing along with Merle in a loud voice. Ruined half the show for us before Merle asked for security to remove her, he was pissed too.
Springsteen at the Pepsi Center (Denver) a few years ago.

Our seats were up high and the acoustics were so poor I could hardly tell what songs he was playing.

Lyle Lovett in Toronto about 2004 or so. Wasn't exactly a concert, he was paid to perform at a night social event at a trade conference I was attending. Still .. it was awful.

The only meaningful difference between he and I when it comes to singing is I know I can't sing for [bleep] so I quit trying. He's not being paid to sing, he's being paid to stop. He just hasn't figured it out yet.
Steve Vai opened for someone I went to see, can't remember who. The guy is a freaking genius on the guitar, but his concert was essentially an hour long guitar solo. Even with how brilliant Steve Vai is, I could only take so much.
ERIC CLAPTON CONCERT
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Fargo Dome some years ago. A friend didn't want to get stuck with an extra ticket so I bought it and went along.

I know it was a great performance and concert and all - but we could only see what was going on watching the overhead monitor as our $$ seats were at the farthest distance and height from the stage and also in the range of sound distortion from the PA speakers.

I didn't complain, my friend felt bad enough.

Blondie was by far the worst.
Devo, AC/DC and Iggy Pop were the best.
ZZ TOP "Legs tour" played a little over an hour with no encore...crowd was booing (Tacoma Dome)
Willie Nelson. 'Must have smoked a joint the size of a bazooka before going on stage. He was wasted and then some.
Ozzy Osbourne, he just stood there like a zombie the whole time, I'm not sure he even moved a step the whole concert.
Eric Clapton.... The guy can play the guitar but SUCKs as being a performer. He introduced his band, played, said he wrote one song for his son and said goodnight.... 0 other interaction with the crowd... acted like he could not care less if the crowd was there
Kenny Rogers, not near a sell out crowd, half the seats were empty, he sang a few songs, left and never came back on stage.
Second worse was Willie Nelson just this past summer, can't sing anymore, mostly just talks the songs, then starts banging on his guitar making loud music, sounded like he wanted to be Ted Nugent or something.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Ozzy Osbourne, he just stood there like a zombie the whole time, I'm not sure he even moved a step the whole concert.

What tour was that?
Jefferson Airplane.
Grace Slick yelled to the people
in the cheap seats to come down in front.
She said why should the people who spent more money on better seats get a better view of the show?

Why did I pay more to sit behind the
[bleep] who moved up?

Somebody puked on the floor right behind me.
Nice!
Funny as one of the worst concerts was also one of the best I went to.

The main act was Stu Hamm, Joe Satriani's bass player. Nothing against bass players, but a bass player as a main act just doesn't cut it. Don't recall who his guitarist was, but the guy had the technical chops but absolutely 0 musicality and played with 0 emotion.

The reason it was the best is Steve Morris opened, and he is both an amazing guitarist and a great performer. I suppose he was just too hard of an act to follow.
Around 1979 The possum!!!!!George Jones......He was so drunk they had to prop him up. He could not remember the words, They had garbage cans full of beer on ice on the stage.
They were all good.
Back when I was dating my wife-to-be (would have been '76 or so), the teachers' group was all excited becauase The Original Stink Pots were going to be appearing down the Cultural and Sports Center of the Midwest. Wanting to be considerate and all, I agreed to go. Naturally, the w-t-b got sick the day of the big event, so I wound up going when I never really wanted to in the first place. Unfortunately, the performance was exactly what I expected it to be.
Greatful dead.. Female friend was a big fan and convinced me to go to a show at the Oakland coliseum. Not hatin on the band as I never was a fan of their music but man that was a snooze fest x100!!
aerosmith in late 70's in pittsburgh. could barely tell what songs they were playing. rush around the same time was 2nd worst. one pretentious guitar "solo" after another by geddi lee. if you can call hitting and holding 1 note for 30 seconds at a time a solo. i fell asleep and i was not even f'd up. hated both bands since.

btw, i'm heading to see robin trower in about an hour at a small theater near me. taking my twin 17 year old boys. we are in row C, as in A, B and then us. we see him every time he comes. now theres a show.
Originally Posted by rem141r
aerosmith in late 70's in pittsburgh. could barely tell what songs they were playing. rush around the same time was 2nd worst. one pretentious guitar "solo" after another by geddi lee. if you can call hitting and holding 1 note for 30 seconds at a time a solo. i fell asleep and i was not even f'd up. hated both bands since.

btw, i'm heading to see robin trower in about an hour at a small theater near me. taking my twin 17 year old boys. we are in row C, as in A, B and then us. we see him every time he comes. now theres a show.

Don't you mean Alex Lifeson?
Eddie Money
Severn Elementary School, 4th grade band and chorus, Christmas concert, 2012.

It was like sticking knitting needles in my ears.
Wendy O. Williams and the Plasmatics at the Lloyd Noble Center in Norman, Oklahoma about 1983. She cut a car in two with a chainsaw. They opened up for KISS. KISS was alright then.
Went to see the Allman Bros. at Savannah Civic Center in the fall OF '80. Greg wadded up a jacket and used it for a pillow, put his head down on the piano and went to sleep. He then woke up and puked a little on the keyboards. Best show was John Prine, Jimmy Buffet and Steve Goodman(not real long before he died) at the Merriweather-Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland also in the early Eighties.
Bob Marley's last in the Bay Area. Had nothing to do with his performance though.
Johnny Rodriguez. Boring as all get out. And just an observation, he's surprisingly small.
Originally Posted by 700LH
The Marshall Tucker Band by far the worst I ever saw, about half the audience walked out.

They were with Charlie Daniels at Walla Walla labor day. They sucked. Charlie was great.

Back in the 70s George Jones was a no-show in Spokane. Heard later he made a stop in Ellensburg at some bar and did an impromptu concert for nothing for the patrons.
I mentioned BOA as one of my faves and that was Black Oak Arkansas, with ole Jim Dandy as the lead vocalist

I'm not at the end of the earth here in da Banks, but you can see it from my porch.

when some of the bands of former renown come here I've often remarked "wow I had no idea they'd fallen on such hard times"

but we get some decent gigs too, should have included Creed and opening act Theory of a Deadman as a fave as my wife and boys were with me and both bands gave a great show, but I still think TOAD stole the show

but BOA was worst too, they played at a bar we used to have here called the Sunset Strip.

Jim Dandy used to wear yellow tights and no shirt back in the day when he was 20 something, well he still was wearing the same getup 20 some odd years later, except with a giant beer gut hanging over those tights! It was pathetic and so was the music, they sucked.

guess the moral of the story is: hard to act like you did when you were 20 and it still seem cool some 20-25 years later
Took the wife to see poison back in the day. I hate glam hairband homo music. They couldn't have sucked more. Tesela opened and were very good. Guns and roses sucked every time I saw them. Axle is a azzhole and slash puked on stage. What a bunch of tards.
Willie Nelson. Stoned SOB couldn't keep in time with his band, to save his ass! Couldn't remember half the words to his own damn songs.

He might have been a genius song writer early in his career, but his signing and musical skills, performance, ect, REALLY Sucked!

Also saw Conway Tweety when I was a kid with my Parents in the late 1960's.
He was drunk off his ass and got into a fist fight with his fellow Band members. He was a regular AssWipe.
Todd Rundgren about 20 years ago on his "Tiki Lounge" tour. He rewrote all the music for his hits so that they had a Hawaiian sound. He'd start playing a song and 20 seconds later you'd recognize the lyrics but not the music.
Originally Posted by EricM
Originally Posted by 12344mag

What tour was that?
was this pre-water bucket era shows?

LOL

I have been to some great ozzy shows, backstage with him before. Dude wears about 10lbs of gold jewelry at his meet and greets.

The buckets of water supposedly mask that he was peeing his undies while performing
Jerry Jeff Walker--twice! Seems like a nice guy to maybe have a drink with, but very bland on stage.
Went to a Robert Plant show about 1996 I think. Damn that was a disappointment. He just squawked, screeched and whined.

Another crapper was a washed up Queensryche. Good thing the tickets were free for both shows. sticky-icky made it tolerable, would've left but could'nt find the exit for 2 hours. Their opening band sucked so bad I dont even remember their name.
Walked out halfway through a Night Ranger concert at Park West in Utah in about 1986. They SUCKED!
I went to an Alice in Chains show in Milwaukee back in the early 90's. Layne Staley was so high on heroin, he laid onstage in the fetal position the entire show, then was helped off stage at the end. Never missed a note and sounded phenomenal though. Sound wise they actually blew Van Hagar away that night.

Originally Posted by EdM
Bob Marley's last in the Bay Area. Had nothing to do with his performance though.
Okay, I'll bite. What's the backstory?

Eric
The Rolling Stones at the Houston Astrodome.
Led Zeppelin at the Chicago amphitheater late 1970's. Acoustics so bad you could barely understand what they were playing.

Saw Santana at the same place 2 months later and it sounded like you were in the studio.
Aerosmith in the late 70's.
Bad acoustics,too loud and distorted. Large venue sound system in a medium size venue.
I accidentally attended part of a Little Richard "concert" in a club in Vinton Louisiana - didn't know he was going to be there, and had driven 40 miles to drink and dance. After listening to him screech at his band and the crowd for longer than I should have, found another place to drink that night. Also accidentally caught the TSU Tornados in the same venue around the same time, and they wee great, so you win some, you lose some - and some just get rained out.

Saw Willie Nelson at Gilley's once. He was late, stoned, and sang his ass off! They had to close the place down to get him to stop playing at the end of the night.
Willie Nelson. Stoned SOB couldn't keep in time with his band, to save his ass! Couldn't remember half the words to his own damn songs.

I saw the Houston Astros play their last game in the Astrodome. It was followed by a Willie Nelson concert, and yeah, he was stoned. I still remember him singing "Mama don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies...".
Neil Diamond, Spokane '72 or '73.
I have never attended but two concerts in my life - Both were in Pittsburgh ,one Perry Como and the other John Denver. They were both better than marvelous. Can't even say which one I liked best as neither one was long enough and it so happened on both concerts they both stayed big overtime because everyone was enjoying it so.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Walked out halfway through a Night Ranger concert at Park West in Utah in about 1986. They SUCKED!

That Night Ranger tour was my very first concert I ever attended. You're right. They did SUCK!
Tom T. Hall, in Kenai, Alaska, shortly after he came out with "Watermelon Wine". It was the only song he performed well all night- the rest were just tired, lackluster mumblings. He was drunk.
Originally Posted by Lslite

You couldn't pay me to go see the Stones! Never understood why everyone thinks they are such a great band. Personally can't stand that ugly fugger Mick Jagger!

And that SuperBowl Half Time show they did several years ago really sucked!
My wife tells me the worst she saw was J. Geils, but it was without Peter Wolf.

Of the bands I generally like, the worst concert I ever saw was the Grateful Dead. Seemed like they jammed endlessly and pointlessly. They bored me.

Then there's always the times you somehow get stuck watching musicians you despise.
Grateful dead in 1993 at cal expo in sacramento. I'm assuming jerry was loaded on booze and some sort of opiate....... It was messy and he seemed out of it. I got a bad vibe and left. I partied in the parking lot for the rest of the night. I had a great time in the parking lot!
Clark Family Experience opened for Reba McEntire. When they started playing everyone thought it was a spoof and laughed. It wasnt it sucked. Walked out on Lee Roy Parnel
Ha Ha. The worst was the band my son is in now at their first show. There were more family than fans in the audience. They sucked out loud and I told him so. I told my wife I would not be going to any more of his shows. They have really evolved and are now getting good radio play on Sirius' Octane channel.
Journey two yrs ago with their new foreign singer.
A KISS cover band.

Was out with my girl and her friends I couldn't care less about ( no outdoors people)

Gene lookalike spit fire up to the suspended ceiling and hit full blast and rippled out 4 foot on either side of him along the ceiling.

I stood up, and headed for the door. It was less then Ten minutes in. She caught me on the stairs and asked me what I was doing. I said Im leavin before all you stupid fuggers burn up in this chithole. Are you coming? Get your coat. I dont care where your friends go.

Actually I think it was a midget Kiss coverband. I don't know, those years with that one were.....interesting.

Still. Fire. Suspending ceiling. No.

Originally Posted by slg888
Journey two yrs ago with their new foreign singer.

That surprises me. I've seen them twice with Arnel and they were stellar both times. The one time that I was let down at a Journey concert was when Jeff Scott Soto filled in for them before Steve Augeri made his official exit from the band and before Arnel joined. Jeff was not a good fit we weren't informed Steve Augeri wouldn't be there until we got inside the arena. Deen Castronovo (drummer) sang several songs that night and he was amazing. He sounded more like Steve Perry than Perry does these days.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Lslite

You couldn't pay me to go see the Stones! Never understood why everyone thinks they are such a great band. Personally can't stand that ugly fugger Mick Jagger!

And that SuperBowl Half Time show they did several years ago really sucked!

10-4 on that.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I mentioned BOA as one of my faves and that was Black Oak Arkansas, with ole Jim Dandy as the lead vocalist

I'm not at the end of the earth here in da Banks, but you can see it from my porch.

when some of the bands of former renown come here I've often remarked "wow I had no idea they'd fallen on such hard times"

but we get some decent gigs too, should have included Creed and opening act Theory of a Deadman as a fave as my wife and boys were with me and both bands gave a great show, but I still think TOAD stole the show

but BOA was worst too, they played at a bar we used to have here called the Sunset Strip.

Jim Dandy used to wear yellow tights and no shirt back in the day when he was 20 something, well he still was wearing the same getup 20 some odd years later, except with a giant beer gut hanging over those tights! It was pathetic and so was the music, they sucked.

guess the moral of the story is: hard to act like you did when you were 20 and it still seem cool some 20-25 years later

Your post is really funny to me, because MY worst was also BOA, for all the same reasons.

I saw them when he was still young, and he wasn't so Dandy the 2nd time around at a little bar in Atlantic Beach NC
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

That Night Ranger tour was my very first concert I ever attended. You're right. They did SUCK!

I saw them in Portland OR at the Schnitzer hall. Black 'n' Blue opened. I thought it was about 83-84 but that's kinda vague now.

Originally Posted by bucktales
Bad acoustics,too loud and distorted. Large venue sound system in a medium size venue.

Precisely my assessment of the Night Ranger show. The venue was nowhere near big enough for the wattage, it sounded like the air was literally tearing 'cause the volume was so high.

Tom
Originally Posted by okok
ZZ TOP "Legs tour" played a little over an hour with no encore...crowd was booing (Tacoma Dome)

Same here, though I've seen them a bunch 'cause they're a local band. They sucked then.
Reba, the opening concert for the Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville NC - probably 15 years ago. The acoustics were so badly balanced I couldn't understand a word that was blaring, or even recognize her songs. I left and hung out with the security guard while my wife and kids stayed inside. The truth is I hate concerts - too damn many people, too damn close, and too damn loud. I'd rather buy a CD and listen to it in the car.
Originally Posted by antlers
Wendy O. Williams and the Plasmatics at the Lloyd Noble Center in Norman, Oklahoma about 1983. She cut a car in two with a chainsaw. They opened up for KISS. KISS was alright then.

Yeah, the Plasmatics was by far the worst "concert" I ever witnessed.
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Your post is really funny to me, because MY worst was also BOA, for all the same reasons.

I saw them when he was still young, and he wasn't so Dandy the 2nd time around at a little bar in Atlantic Beach NC

I saw them at a bar in Radford,Va Sackets, it was a fairly sad show.
© 24hourcampfire