Home
I know, there should be an over riding air of solemnity and "Gravitas" evident in discussing the demise of a fellow man, ...one of "God's Creatures"

Looks to me to be one of those win / win situations, and as good a way to have one's earthly remains handled as any.

Can't really see why the Fish Cops would want to "euthanize" the ursine undertaker / funeral director.

I'm not saying I'd want to make bacon out of him, either.

That would be like eating Wu's Pork, eh ?

GTC

Link: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-black-bear-eats-dead-man-20141017-story.html

Authorities say a black bear ate the body of a Humboldt County man after he died of a heart attack on his way to check his water supplies.

Marion Lee Williams, 65, died sometime last week not far from his property, which is where the bear had also apparently created a home for itself, said Humboldt County Deputy Coroner Roy Horton.

The bear probably came across Williams, who had collapsed and died of a heart attack, then dragged his body into a cave to eat.

Investigators used Williams' fingerprints, dentures and pieces of clothing to identify him.

The California Department of Fish and Wildlife considered searching for the bear to potentially euthanize it, spokesman Andrew Hughan said. But the bear was long gone.

"The bear does not pose a public threat," Hughan said. "It was just doing what bears do."

Williams lived alone and "off the grid" in a trailer in the community of Briceland, six miles west of Redway, authorities said.

He was last seen on Oct. 8, but his friends did not report him missing until Saturday.

When his friends still hadn't heard from him, they searched his property and found his remains

Quote ["The bear does not pose a public threat," Hughan said. "It was just doing what bears do.]

How generous of Mr Hughan. I'm sure the family feels much better.
I personally would like to have my remains 'recycled' through nature... my wife say's, gross... but really it's paying it forward.

Kent
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Quote ["The bear does not pose a public threat," Hughan said. "It was just doing what bears do.]

Ya' know, I think that (on behalf of the "Family") you should personally chase that bear down and slap him (or her) around a little.

GTC
Okay, can someone explain to me how a forensic investigator can determine someone had a heart attack before he was eaten by a bear when they aren't even sure exactly when all this happened? Doesn't sound like there was enough left to identify him much less autopsy him by the statement above.

Bob
Originally Posted by krp
I personally would like to have my remains 'recycled' through nature... my wife say's, gross... but really it's paying it forward.

Kent

Can we use one of your well run Dutch Ovens or Frying pans to hold the big pile of Bear chit, kinda' prop the lid open for "Viewing" ?

GTC
Originally Posted by Sheister
Okay, can someone explain to me how a forensic investigator can determine someone had a heart attack before he was eaten by a bear when they aren't even sure exactly when all this happened? Doesn't sound like there was enough left to identify him much less autopsy him by the statement above.

Bob

Quite obviously, the bear did not eat the suckers hard heart.

Bob

You certainly make a coupla' good points, but it would be better to give this a day or two to "settle".

What is the "Transit Time" for a Black Bear, anyhoo ?

GTC
I don't suppose having a bear standing on one while eating their ass would cause a heart attack, now would it?
Still, "Natural Causes" though.

GTC
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Can we use one of your well run Dutch Ovens or Frying pans to hold the big pile of Bear chit, kinda' prop the lid open for "Viewing" ?

GTC

... and fondly say,'I knew him before he went to chit'...

kent

Bob

If I may, they are just trying to make the family feel better on their father (or whatever) being eaten by a black bear. If they couldn't determine it was a heart attack, he would somehow get the blame anyway. "He surprised the bear" "He interrupted the bear" "He got between the bear and his cub or her" They are never going to say, geez I guess we should allow more hunting so bears are afraid of people. I have NEVER heard F&G say something like that. The person that was mauled/eaten/abused (whatever) is always at fault in their eyes. I'm tired of it.
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

GTC

kent

Try and schedule for Mesquite Bean Season, so the Bear droppings will have an interesting, visually pleasing aspect .

If you give the Bear the diahrea, it'll have to be a "Closed Bucket" service.

GTC

Bob

If I may, they are just trying to make the family feel better on their father (or whatever) being eaten by a black bear. If they couldn't determine it was a heart attack, he would somehow get the blame anyway. "He surprised the bear" "He interrupted the bear" "He got between the bear and his cub or her" They are never going to say, geez I guess we should allow more hunting so bears are afraid of people. I have NEVER heard F&G say something like that. The person that was mauled/eaten/abused (whatever) is always at fault in their eyes. I'm tired of it.

To wax serious for a moment, I think you're reading this 5 X 5.

A GOOD coroner, under the right climatic conditions, can "Read" the ground under a body, (or where a body WAS,) and pretty much define time of death with bugs, molds, etc.

If the fellow's that "Gone",....HTH do they know that somebody didn't plug, or stab him ?

GTC
I just hope, after it all, I was worth a chit...

Kent
Originally Posted by krp
I just hope, after it all, I was worth a chit...

Kent

Legitimate concern,.....I just hope it's Bearable.
I'm sure no crows pecked at Dad's carcass......nature genuflects at family wishes....rigor, livor and just plain hungry animals have no regard for sequence, unless we're talking Kent....
Too bad it wasn't you instead...you're past your shelf life. wink
Originally Posted by okok
Too bad it wasn't you instead...you're past your shelf life. wink

Too bad you didn't read this AM's post from a member who advised you that you should suck off a Glock some months back,...and that everything you've had to say since is pretty much moot.

That comment was a 10X

GTC
F/O trespasser. wink
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

GTC

kent

Oh crap that is TFF. Thought I wouldn't catch my breath
F/O trespasser. wink

You talking about a lame azzed charge that was beaten into RAGS, and DISMISSED in court,....one that involved dealing with an arson threat from a child molesting squatter ?

Chit, come to think of it,... you REMIND me of that cowardly azzwhole.

Open book, would be TICKLED to relate that yarn, and there are a coupla' MEMBERS Of this board that sat in the Courtroom that day with me.

Lame chit sniffing around a man's back trail, you lying POS.

GTC

Hit a nerve desert gnome? Go hit the bottle some more for the shakes.
General question,.....

.....Anybody here ever actually MET this OkOk individual ?

GTC
you sir are a god damn fruitcake, go put some Rogaine on your balls so it doesnt look like an old depleted spiders nest ya shriveld up [bleep]....... grin
You are a liar, and a pest, and more than likely, a little girl.

KNOWN as that here, too.

Interested in my balls,...good grief.

GTC
General question,.....

GTC
Besides you're still pissed I didn't call you when you were all freaked out about AKBUSHRAT... I didn't want to get involved in your paranoia drama B.S. Member that sugar?
General question,.....

GTC
nice deflection Nancy.....answer the question.
General question,.....

GTC
nice deflection Nancy.....answer the question.

Actually SEVERAL folks here will remember EXTREMELY disturbing posts from that AkBR person,....alluding to captive minors being tortured in motel rooms somewhere close to here. Yes, we were INDEED freaked out, and IIRC you were slithering around the outer periphery of that dog and pony show.

You now saying you were involved in that with him ?

Not surprised.

GTC

GTC
I guess playing dead isn't so effective?
Seek help crossdresser. wink
As to the article and some questions, I have a few thoughts.

One, it doesn't actually say the bear ate the whole body. There could easily be enough left over to rule heart attack. Even enzymes in the blood can lead to that "guess." Then again, the poor old fella may have had a heart attack when the bear attacked him...

Two, the bear would probably be euthanized for a few reasons. He has now acquired a taste for human flesh, and may seek it out. He has now probably learned that human dwellings are a source of abundant food. And just to be certain that the bear didn't cause the death itself and cause more.

Just my thoughts. There's plenty black bears to go around.

Ok. Now back to the chit talking.

Bob

The statement lists the things they used to identify him

It doesn't say that is all they found

Other body parts wouldn't be too useful for identification purposes without tattoos or birthmarks

They know it happened in the last week to 10 days ago because he was seen on the 8th

They could probably tell if the wounds from the bear were postmortem, and he may have had a history of heart problems
Seek help crossdresser. wink

Though my gut tells me that you're chick from the 8th or 9th grade, well into your development as some sorta' weird dominatrix scenario, I'll acknowledge that there's an outside chance that you are actually of male gender.

If that is the case, and you were ever to speak to any NUMBER of Campfire characters it's my pleasure to know, it is YOU that would be seeking help, Boyo,....at a hospital emergency room.

Now why don't you give "Leslie" a call, and go meet her down at Target, Dipchit.

GTC

�Lord, if you can't help me, please don't you help that bear!�

Ya' know, I think that (on behalf of the "Family") you should personally chase that bear down and slap him (or her) around a little.

GTC

Worms been eating human body's for thousands of years and not a peep from Jack, but let one Bear stumble on some free protein and ol Caribu's out for blood. smile grin

Personally, I could give a chit if a critter eats my body as long as they wait until I'm done with it.
Quote [Personally, I could give a chit if a critter eats my body as long as they wait until I'm done with it.]

I agree, with emphasis on waiting till I'm done with it. laugh laugh
© 24hourcampfire