Home
For killing his GF?
I thought it was 5 years?
Five years, with release to house arrest/parole after 10 months.

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=11737676

Not too different from a negligent homicide sentence in the US.

So, yeah, it's a year.
What's the average sentence for negligent homicide in the US? Factor in vehicular due to drunk driving as well.
Many countries do not have sentences as lengthy as the US. I have been told the max you can get in Germany for anything is 10 years. Of course, 10 years in a German prison might seem like a lifetime....

I agree with you that the sentence he got is comparable to a sentence he might get here for doing the same thing, but I'd have to research the national average.

My personal belief is that in most cases, when a judge sentences a man to prison for a certain number of years, he should do all of those years and then either be cut loose or buried. I'm not a big fan of probation or parole.
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I agree with you that the sentence he got is comparable to a sentence he might get here for doing the same thing, but I'd have to research the national average.

My personal belief is that in most cases, when a judge sentences a man to prison for a certain number of years, he should do all of those years and then either be cut loose or buried. I'm not a big fan of probation or parole.

Agreed. There are a few states like that (Virginia being one of them).
It's a beautiful thing when a defense lawyer gets over a million dollars for his work.
And here we go...
It appears some of it included the judge's share.
10 months is more than enough time for him to get multi-drug resistant TB.

that 10 months will be a gift that keeps on giving....
And when he gets out there will be a waiting line of women that will want a Valentine's date with him.
if I'm a white man in South Africa, I'm not leaving my house much anyways
Roses are red,
Violets are glorious,
Don't try to surprise
Oscar Pistorius.

John
After a big fight others heard, she locked herself in the bathroom with a key. Unreal.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Correct.
Does anyone really care what the court does in S.A.?
Probably pretty easy to bribe a Judge in Africa. I also heard on Fox just now that he has been making payments to his girlfriends family. UNREAL.

If that had been my daughter he murdered through the bathroom door, that SOB wouldn't have made it out of the courthouse alive.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Correct.

Being sentenced to five years is not the same as what he'll get. They figure he will be out of the pen in 10 (mo).
I read that too, but the 'sentence' is 5 years. Time served will be determined. We'll see.
Sorry, Iron, but that's why I sad "gets" rather than "sentenced".
same page wink
Oscar Pistorius is so depressed that he was put in the prison hospital wing -- he's been put on suicide watch.

Whenever he goes to the bathroom, a nurse knocks on the door to check he's okay.

Talk about rubbing it in...
smile

John
Originally Posted by jpb
Oscar Pistorius is so depressed that he was put in the prison hospital wing -- he's been put on suicide watch.

Whenever he goes to the bathroom, a nurse knocks on the door to check he's okay.

Talk about rubbing it in...
smile

John

They should shoot a couple rounds through the S#!^ House door ...
© 24hourcampfire