Home
Posted By: Lorne Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
Heard that the Canadian national anthem was sung in Pittsburgh tonight before the Penguins/Flyers game

Thanks to our friends and neighbours !
Posted By: byc Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
Very Nice Lorne!!

Please stay safe up there and Godspeed!!
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
Definitely a class act ! Thank you so very much, from this Canadian Family smile
Posted By: rusty51 Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
That was very classy of the people of Pittsburgh..
Posted By: Cariboo Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
Very classy!
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
We are all going to have to stand together to deal with this radical filth. Thoughts and prayer for Canada from N.C.
Posted By: ftbt Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
Thoughts and prayers for Canada and the innocent Canadian soldiers who have been slaughtered in the last days. At least Prime Minister Harper has the "cojones" to call it what it is: Terrorism.
Posted By: n007 Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
I saw that on the news, thanks USA>
Posted By: hatari Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
Sorry this crap has touched your country too. They won't stop. I hope the liberals up there don't try to "fix this" with more gun control as an impotent solution ignoring the real problem.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
"Oh Canada" is a really nice national anthem.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
Even years ago, they played the US and Canadian anthems at major trapshoots. I know they did at the Grand and at the Utah Championships.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
We know your pain, Canada. We have felt it before. We are in this war together, along with other countries. We are under attack by, and fighting, the same enemy. Pray we win.
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
Bad news is that we cannot win until we get as totally ruthless in their destruction as they are for ours. There is NO "WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT"!! There are only survivors/winners.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
Agreed completely Jim. For some time now these people have said they are going to do things like this...random acts of terror.
So we sit idly by and wait for it to happen. Granted our air strikes supposedly killed 521 of them ( ISIS) but that is obviously not enough.That aint even a good start.
I have said for decades that you absolutely have to demonstrate that you are crazier, and more ruthless, than they are. It is the ONLY thing they understand.
Posted By: FlyboyFlem Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
Americans as a whole have dumbed themselves down to utter complacency again since 911 so unless ISIS brings terror to their local neighborhoods it's business as usual.Someday the bell may ring in those pee brains that their lifestyle is no longer secure....... but I'm not counting on it.
Posted By: hatari Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
Originally Posted by ingwe
Agreed completely Jim. For some time now these people have said they are going to do things like this...random acts of terror.
So we sit idly by and wait for it to happen. Granted our air strikes supposedly killed 521 of them ( ISIS) but that is obviously not enough.That aint even a good start.
I have said for decades that you absolutely have to demonstrate that you are crazier, and more ruthless, than they are. It is the ONLY thing they understand.

What do the dictators in the ME know about their own people that we don't understand? The concept that the people will be either at your feet or at your throat. There is no middle ground. Why has it been essential for any of the regimes to survive they have had to be ruthless? Sadamm, Assad, Iran under the Shah or Ayatollahs kept order only through force. Ghadaffi same way. Look at Egypt, it took the military to restore order.

I love the Liberal Left when - especially the shrill women who claim it can all be fixed with " good, serious diplomacy and negotiations". Negotiating with ISIS or Al Qaeda or Hamas is like negotiating with The Terminator.

John Kerry - "It is time for you to obey International Law, reject violence, accept the democratic process, and live and let live."

The Terminator as (Hamas, ISIS Etc) "Fook you, azzhole!"

Negotiations over. The Terminator slaps Kerry and goes on killing. Only way to deal with The Terminator is to destroy it or else it keeps on coming.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
Originally Posted by Lorne
Heard that the Canadian national anthem was sung in Pittsburgh tonight before the Penguins/Flyers game

Yes sir, it's true, I watched the game last night and I thought it was a great gesture by them to show our support for Canada.
Posted By: jpb Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
Originally Posted by rusty51

Indeed!

Nicely done.

John
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Americans as a whole have dumbed themselves down to utter complacency again since 911 so unless ISIS brings terror to their local neighborhoods it's business as usual.Someday the bell may ring in those pee brains that their lifestyle is no longer secure....... but I'm not counting on it.

Not only that, but the rules of engagement are such that we can't possibly win.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
Originally Posted by Lorne

and it's because you're our friends and good neighbors

we may poke each other in the ribs

and our gov't certainly doesn't represent the will of most of us these days

but I can't think of better neighbors than Canucks!

just wish Mexico and Australia and/or New Zealand would trade RE
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/23/14
When we stand side by side to fight these evil bassturds we will have much more to be thankful for.

Even though you folks talk and spell funny we stand with you.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/24/14
Sometimes I wonder if Canada is not our little brother. We tease relentlessly, but if anyone ever causes harm, there will be Hell to pay.....
Posted By: cabindweller Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/24/14
Much respect here for Canada, her people and culture. Glad to see they played the Canadian national anthem to show our sympathy and solidarity with our neighbors and great ally to the north.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/24/14
Originally Posted by rusty51

Yes indeed that was a very appreciated gesture.

A sincere thanks to all the outpouring of support from our friends and brothers south of the medicine line and around the world for that matter.

Dwayne
Posted By: isaac Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/24/14
Our northern neighbors stepped up to the plate far better than their southern neighbors have,of late.

Who shipped the US's balls up north?

Stand tall Canada and the loved ones,family and friends of Corporal Cirillo.

We'll get it back, Canada.

Posted By: gmsemel Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/24/14
You are in my thoughts and prayers, I always enjoyed myself in Canada- We can not allow this nonsense to change who we are and how we live our lives, its time to get seriously ruthless with these people! Being as civilized as we are, we by our very nature don't want to do what we are going to have to do. This was a direct attack on your country and its Sovereignty and since they directly attacked you, they attacked the United States of America,and NATO for that matter, its War and should be fought as ruthlessly as we dam well will have to do! Till we get a new President that is of the same mind as your current PM, nothing much is going to get done, heck our guy can't give the thumbs up for a little bit of pipe!
Posted By: jnyork Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/24/14
Here in Yuma we have many wonderful Canadian friends, including some of the guys in our gun club. Our condolences to all of them, and to all their countrymen.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/24/14
Personally to me an attack on Canada, should be looked at by every American the same as an attack on their home town...

at least Canada hasn't evidently let their liberals neuter their entire nation... like our liberals have done here, starting with the Afro Howdy Doody in the White House...
Posted By: Seafire Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/24/14
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Bad news is that we cannot win until we get as totally ruthless in their destruction as they are for ours. There is NO "WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT"!! There are only survivors/winners.

Well Said Jim, WELL SAID!
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Thanks from Canada - 10/24/14

Right on!
© 24hourcampfire