Home
Posted By: g5m Hospitals to ration Ebola care? - 10/23/14
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/22/us-health-ebola-usa-interventions-idUSKCN0IB2OM20141022

Some hospitals look at rationing care for Ebola patients. That ought to stir up some feelings.

"But the care of the first Ebola patient diagnosed in the United States, who received dialysis and intubation and infected two nurses caring for him, is spurring hospitals and medical associations to develop the first guidelines for what can reasonably be done and what should be withheld."

The 5 hospitals in the U.S. that are equipped to treat Ebola can handle a total of 11 patients at one time. That's not 11 per hospital, that 11 total between the 5 hospitals. So I guess that means the 12th patient has to sit in the waiting room or out in their car until a bed opens up.
This will get ugly if Ebola ever gets going in the US
As i have said before. That first pt should have been pit in isolation and left to die with no care, A as an example to foreigners who think they are going to come to the US for medical care and B for the safety of everyone else who works there Nd their families
Originally Posted by jobyjob
The 5 hospitals in the U.S. that are equipped to treat Ebola can handle a total of 11 patients at one time. That's not 11 per hospital, that 11 total between the 5 hospitals. So I guess that means the 12th patient has to sit in the waiting room or out in their car until a bed opens up.

Is that really how many ebola patients you think can be treated at one time in the entire country, or a talking point you heard from a fearmonger on the TV.
I've been thinking about this.

It sounds bad, but this Ebola scare could be a good thing if it peters out soon. Meaning, it doesn't turn into a full blown epidemic in our country. Which would be great, but also gives our system time to prepare and develop protocols and treatment plans in hospitals that don't currently have it. Because it will return. That's inevitable.

That's assuming we as a people learn anything from this. Which we don't have a great track record for. But one can hope
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by jobyjob

Is that really how many ebola patients you think can be treated at one time in the entire country, or a talking point you heard from a fearmonger on the TV.

http://mashable.com/2014/10/16/ebola-us-hospital-capacity/

Just because there are only a few "specialized" locations doesn't mean people can't be isolated and treated in countless other locations.

Don't fall for the hysteria
It's just a virus
Exactly, they are currently treating thousands of people in a third world schit hole, to think that the us would be incapable of handling over 11 patience with the resources that we have here is ridiculous and laughable. That tidbit of info is put out to cause panic and over reaction. Don't buy into it.
© 24hourcampfire