Home
Posted By: tommyd53 Hey Montana Guys - 10/23/14
How long a drive from Billings to Bozeman? I sent some boots back to Schnees, in Bozeman. The promised date of delivery was today, 10/23. The tracker says they left Billings at 8:45 AM, today. Judging by the map, it looks like 2 to 2.5 Hrs? I was just wondering if they'd get delivered today.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Hey Montana Guys - 10/23/14
Your guesstimate on time is pretty close. Unless delivery truck has other stops to make which is quite possible.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Hey Montana Guys - 10/23/14
140 miles. Easy 2 hours without any stops.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Hey Montana Guys - 10/23/14
Tommy - You holed up in Billings today?
Posted By: tommyd53 Re: Hey Montana Guys - 10/23/14
Thanks guys.
No, I sent them from VT, a week ago. I'd love to get out that way, some day.
Posted By: derby_dude Re: Hey Montana Guys - 10/23/14
Originally Posted by tommyd53
How long a drive from Billings to Bozeman? I sent some boots back to Schnees, in Bozeman. The promised date of delivery was today, 10/23. The tracker says they left Billings at 8:45 AM, today. Judging by the map, it looks like 2 to 2.5 Hrs? I was just wondering if they'd get delivered today.

It's not likely the truck, plane, train, stagecoach or whatever went directly from Billings to Bozeman and even if the truck did the boots are probably sitting in a terminal some place. Most likely will be delivered in a day or two.
The box was shipped via USPS. I had 2 choices: $35 for express, and they'd have been delivered last Monday. Or, $16.50 (which I chose) and delivery is promised for today.
Posted By: derby_dude Re: Hey Montana Guys - 10/23/14
Living in Montana and based on pass experiences they are probably sitting on the dock at the Post Office waiting for delivery in two or three days assuming the boots didn't go to Great Falls first.
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Living in Montana and based on pass experiences they are probably sitting on the dock at the Post Office waiting for delivery in two or three days assuming the boots didn't go to Great Falls first.

That sounds about right for the USPS.
Posted By: rattler Re: Hey Montana Guys - 10/23/14
Originally Posted by tommyd53
Originally Posted by derby_dude

That sounds about right for the USPS.

unfortunately unless its priority mail Billings is a hell of a blackhole of a post office.....we would mail our papers down Wednesday, truck would get them to Billings Thursday around 5am and our Billings subscribers would get their papers on Monday crazy have had packages coming to me sit in Billings for 2 or 3 days before.....hell even priority sometimes sits for an extra day for no real reason.....when USPS did their last big cost saving measures we went from 7 major centers in Montana to 2, Billings and Kalispell, and the whole mail system in Montana REALLY went to hell.....
© 24hourcampfire