Home
So,I've been working on the homestead fencing project, to increase the size of land the dog - and future dog - can run freely in.

And I have a history of going off half COCKED in the past, so despite seeing a bunch of dogs I would have loved to get, I have resolved myself to 100% completion of the project before I get another canine.

I'm about 70% done. Need to make and hang a few gates, and do some porch improvements.

Hadn't even looked at the "awe its a puppy" websites lately, as all the ones I like get grabbed up (which is better than euthanized, I suppose)

My wife pointed this out last night, so in an attempt to humor her and the kid, I did a quick search for dogs in the area.

What, pray tell, are the chances of this:

POSSUM

seriously.

Who the hell names a (supposed) heeler/shepherd mix "Possum"?

For that matter, who names anything other than the lowest form of life on earth, "Possum"

[Linked Image]

awwwwwww, its a puppy...
RWE, that is a sign. That dog was born to be yours.
he will enjoy watchin you hang those gates and fix the porch.......
cool name, my blood hound was named Fio which is spanish for ugly
What will the neighbors think when they hear me calling out "POSSUM!" in the middle of the night, and they don't hear a shotgun blast?

We're talking space time continuum apocalypse here.
More like Karma. Circle of Life. And all that other Disney bullsh!t.
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
More like Karma. Circle of Life. And all that other Disney bullsh!t.

well there's some motivation.

I'd rename the dog "cluster [bleep]", but then all the Whitehouse reporters would start showing up.

You could always rename the dog "Grinner"...
Damn,

you'll smoke a fat one for that.
Our pups have been gone for a little over a month and I still miss them.

We get almost daily updates on the one my wife's cousin took. He's 3 months old and 26 pounds. He's increased in weight from birth by a factor of 34.
I think you should take the pup back and get a cute one.
Saw the title of this thread and thought, "Yeah, every time my wife speaks."

With regard to dog names, friend of mine once had a dog named "Lethal" who was anything but.
Did you get him/her?
Originally Posted by ingwe
I think you should take the pup back and get a cute one.

I'm getting lectured in "cute" by someone that owns a Remington.

Haven't got it yet, but I may just to spite you.

I'll have it neutered and name it ingwe.
no one ever really needed 'a reason' for getting a pup. smile
Originally Posted by RWE

I'm getting lectured in "cute" by someone that owns a Remington.

OK...dat was just mean...

I'll have it neutered and name it ingwe.

Had myself neutered at an early age. Best thing I ever did.
Originally Posted by RWE
What will the neighbors think when they hear me calling out "POSSUM!" in the middle of the night, and they don't hear a shotgun blast?

Rename her Stella, so the neighbors can hear you calling out "STELLAAAAAAAA!" in the middle of the night.
You ever get the feeling a higher power is telling you something?

It happens to me all the time

Really

Snake
Beautiful dog. Name him Speck! Actually, Possum is kinda' cool.
I had one named possum once. We rescued her from being abandoned on the road. She had mange at the time and it left her rather long snout hairless and scared, so she looked like a possum.
Possum is a great name. My dog is named Catfish.

Catfish and Possum........kinda got a ring to it!
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Possum is a great name. My dog is named Catfish.

Catfish and Possum........kinda got a ring to it!

I'll get my banjo...
RWE,

You have to get that one.

GRINNER, he is the Poobah for a reason.

great pup, some things are meant to be.

mike r
What the heck you waiting for??? Go get it now!

You always could rename it stains......
Hey, cut a hardworkin tax payer some slack!

I got a call in to see where the dog is at.

It's fostered off site. All those damn paperwork things.

Might have to see how dead Presidents speed up the process.

SPECIAL NOTE TO THE NSA: "dead Presidents = not a threat"
Originally Posted by RWE
Hey, cut a hardworkin tax payer some slack!

Times a wastin' bub.

here's a little music for ya if'n ya decide to name it stains. wink

From the pigmentation, I'd call it Barack.
For that matter, who names anything other than the lowest form of life on earth, "Possum"
I knew a guy in college who's nickname was Possum. He got it when very young. His mother was hosting some kind of ladies meeting when he charged through the crowd packing a live possum he'd just caught. He cleared the room.
Very handsome pup. My next will be named Cecil.
Looks like he picked you.. He'll be something special.
george jones fan?
Originally Posted by RWE

[Linked Image]

awwwwwww, its a puppy...

That is a keeper, go get him. That's a very cute pup! How about 6-shooter for a name? Or Wheelgun? Whelen? Overbore? Dropkick? Lugnut? SpeedSix? Carter? T-Rex? Bear?

Wife's been wanting a kitten, but I resisted until the tension got real thick recently (8 years) smile . Knowing I was finally losing, I chose "Pharaoh" for a boy cat name, and "A Cat Named Bill" for a girl cat name. She got a girl. grin I think A Cat Named Bill is going to fit right on around here.
Real similar coloration to our Jack Russell dog-

[Linked Image]
Great looking savage there, Fire.
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by RWE

Rename her Stella, so the neighbors can hear you calling out "STELLAAAAAAAA!" in the middle of the night.

I always figured that naming a black lab "Brigham" would fall into a similar category. Can't you imagine yelling out across a Utah duck marsh "Brigham, you get your black azz back here."
Originally Posted by RWE

We're talking space time continuum apocalypse here.

Just rename him "Sweetie".

Be sure to put your boots on (at a -ahem- bare minimum) before you go out in the middle of the night to call him in.... smile
© 24hourcampfire