Home
Posted By: Mannlicher Some prayers for a friend - 10/25/14
One of my buddies here in Gainesville, Larry, was diagnosed a month ago with testicular cancer. Looks like it has metastasized to bladder and liver now.
Larry played ball for U Miami in the good old days. Big guy, 6-8, 275, or used to be anyway. He is skinny as a rail now.
Back in the hospital Friday, with more issues. Heading to Shands Medical Center on Monday, probably for surgery.
One heck of a good man. Single Dad, two teenagers, boy and girl. Hard worker. A most excellent friend.
I sure would appreciate a couple of prayers for my buddy. He is going through hell right now, as is his family.

Thanks....
Done...
Posted By: Scott F Re: Some prayers for a friend - 10/25/14
Glad to do it Sam. Done.
Prayers on the way Sam....
Sent from here, Sam.
Posted By: barm Re: Some prayers for a friend - 10/25/14
Done.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Some prayers for a friend - 10/25/14
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.
Posted By: MColeman Re: Some prayers for a friend - 10/25/14
You have them, Sam. Give Larry my very best.
Prayers on the way
Prayers sent for your buddy.
And especially for his kids.
Will do Sam. Keep us posted please.

Jim
Posted By: tzone Re: Some prayers for a friend - 10/25/14
You got em headed your way
Posted By: tomk Re: Some prayers for a friend - 10/25/14
will do
he's got em Sam

all the best to your buddy and his kids
Sam
Will put Larry in my prayers this evening. God bless him and his family. Cheers NC
Prayers sent up for Larry and his family. He has my sympathy.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Some prayers for a friend - 10/25/14
Sorry about your Bud Sam, I've lost a few friends to cancer, tough to watch them go down hill.

I pray your Bud comes out on top.
sure appreciate the prayers and kind words. Larry was such a strong, vibrant guy. Full of life, full of fun. Always ready to help anyone in need. He has done countless little things for others, never asking a thing in return.
He is a big outdoors man. Off shore fishing, hunting up in the panhandle of Florida, at his folks place..........
Ya just never know when adversity will knock on your door.
Posted By: byc Re: Some prayers for a friend - 10/25/14
Man I despise cancer. Godspeed recovery and good health to your pard Sam. Sounds like a great man and very deserving of strong prayer!
Posted By: CCCC Re: Some prayers for a friend - 10/25/14
Mannlicher, as you request - praying for Larry and his family.
Larry is at Shands Medical Center, now. Surgery this morning to probably remove his left arm. They will try to deal with whatever else they find when they open him.
Looks like cancer has shotgunned across his body. Prayers sure needed, and thanks...........

Prayers sent for all who are enduring this pain, both physical and mental. God bless.....
Sent again - for Larry, family, and friends.
Praying for God's healing and strength for Larry
Prayer sent.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Some prayers for a friend - 10/30/14
On the way. God Bless Larry and his family.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Some prayers for a friend - 10/30/14
I am really sorry to hear what Larry is going through. I will pray for the best possible outcome.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Some prayers for a friend - 10/30/14
Prayers of comfort and healing offered.
The surgery did not happen. Opened up the shoulder. Bones had collapsed, eaten up. They put a block on the nerves going into the shoulder and arm. Could not do anything.
Biopsy showed the cancer in the shoulder/arm, is the same as that in his pelvis. Tumor in his groin area, activity on his lungs now, and liver.
Three months ago, he had no idea. Just started feeling run down, and had some pain in his shoulder. That quickly, it has shotgunned throughout his body.
Damn..........
Yessir! Done.
Continued prayers for Larry.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Some prayers for a friend - 10/30/14
Sam, I just lost a very good friend named Larry. You have what humble prayers I can offer for your Larry.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Some prayers for a friend - 11/01/14
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
The surgery did not happen. Opened up the shoulder. Bones had collapsed, eaten up. They put a block on the nerves going into the shoulder and arm. Could not do anything.
Biopsy showed the cancer in the shoulder/arm, is the same as that in his pelvis. Tumor in his groin area, activity on his lungs now, and liver.
Three months ago, he had no idea. Just started feeling run down, and had some pain in his shoulder. That quickly, it has shotgunned throughout his body.
Damn..........

My wife works for Hospice (not a nurse) and from the stories she tells me this is exactly how it usually happens. People (of all ages) go to the doctor because of a minor persistent pain, thinking it's nothing serious. A day later they're told they only have a month or two to live. This happens every day in a small town Hospice office!! It is heart breaking to hear some of the stories. One just never knows............. Prayers are on the way.

Bob
Posted By: Jahrs Re: Some prayers for a friend - 11/01/14
Praying for your buddy, his family and you.
On the way from SE Az.

Greg
For sure Sam.
Renewed prayers from here.
Sorry, Sam.

My condolences to you and his family.
Done
Visited again today. Doctor says Larry has three different cancers now. Lymphoma, Carcinoma, and myeloma.
Tomorrow, the plan is to stop treatment, other than maintain his pain meds. He has two different self operated morphine pumps now.
Transfer to Hospice within the week.

Thanks for thinking of him guys. It is just astounding that all this could happen so quickly. He went from no diagnosed cancer, to this, in less than 4 months.

Oh, and it seems the original source of all this was an diagnosed prostate cancer. They just did not catch it some months back, when he had his annual physical.
Sam,

I am very sorry to hear this. I will pray for him and his family, particularly his kids. Is there anything else we can do?

Ed
His insurance, and his benefits are in place. His kids will be taken care of, at least financially.
Larry is in God's hands now. Not much anyone can do.
Done from here, Sam. God bless and keep your buddy.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Some prayers for a friend - 11/10/14
Mannlicher - I am sorry about what has happenend with Larry and about your impending loss of a buddy. You have done well for your friend by seeking our prayer support. I will pray for his peace, and yours.
Darn Sam. I am sorry to hear that about your friend. I will be praying for him and his family.

Jim
May our Lord continue watching over Larry, and especially his family.
Sorry to hear of your friends' situation.

Prayers for him & his family, but also for you as a close friend, Sam.

Had a similar thing happen once to a friend of mine, 34 years old.........went from prime health to passing away in 4 months.

Cancer is an evil & insidious thing.

Regards,

MM
Posted By: Scotty Re: Some prayers for a friend - 11/10/14
Sorry to hear things are going the way they are for Larry. Praying for him and the family.
Posted By: LBP Re: Some prayers for a friend - 11/10/14
Prayers sent
© 24hourcampfire