Home
What a first Quarter! Don't know if Tech can hang with TCU for the rest of the game, or not, but it's a damn good game so far. 10th ranked TCU leads 24 to 10.
Tech cannot hang with them. Once Davis Webb throws an interception....and he's thrown 2 now....he'll be worthless.

ETA: I'm a Tech alum....but the truth is the truth. And it hurts.

I know, but it's the best Tech has looked all year! TD Tech! TCU leads 24 to 17.

Anyone know if the Longhorns got beat or not ???
We've looked good early in several games.....just can't finish them out.

UT lost 23-0 to K State.
Originally Posted by 257heaven
UT lost 23-0 to K State.

I'll bet Mack Brown's phone has been ringing off the wall.
Rough year for the LongHorns. That new Coach ain't cutting it.

Hope Tech can outlast the Horned Frogs!
TCU kicked Minnesota's ass earlier in the year. Good team.

That was Minny's only loss until today, when we got beat by friggen lowly Illinois. It's tough being a Gophers fan.
All I know is.....that was NOT pass interference.
Posted By: eyeball Re: TX Shootout! T-Tech vs TCU - 10/25/14
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

UT tried to pull an A and M. For what reason no one now seems to know.
Originally Posted by eyeball

UT tried to pull an A and M. For what reason no one now seems to know.

No doubt, Doc. And it ain't working out for either team!
All I know is.....that was NOT pass interference.

Damn Zebras robbed Tech on that play!!! And gave TCU another score.

Frogs lead 31 to 17.
Players are at fault for being penalty prone. They're always going to be watching us closer.
Looked like the hand to the receivers face got there a hair early and then face masked him.
Frogs looked like they were just having fun last weekend and ended up stomping OSU.
Frogs are good this year, no doubt. In spite of the score, this is the best play I've seen by T-tech's DF all year.
I'd put DC Mike Smith on the same level as Wes Welker. Both too small to play football, but both rocked it in the NFL. Smith spoke to the kids at Tech football camp this summer (my son was there). He told the kids that even though there are things you can't control, like size........What you can control is effort, conditioning, and strength.
How was that roughing the kicker?? The kicker landed on the Tech defender and fell down??
Davis Webb is a disaster at QB. He was the 3rd best out of the three that should have returned this year. And Kliff ran off the other two. Unbelievable.

I'm still wondering if they are ever gonna let Vinny Testaverdi's kid come in and play some QB. He can't be any worse than Webb.
And there's another fumble by Webb. Not surprised.

Mahomes should be the next one in. I wish he could get more playing time. Then we have Stidham coming in that should take the league by storm.

I thought TAMU made a BIG mistake letting Kingsbury go to Tech!

Now, not so much!
He'll be good, but it will take some time. We should have done whatever it would have taken to keep Sonnie Cumbie, though. I believe Sonnie either still lives in Lubbock or comes back often.

He's there new Offensive Cordinator. He's up in the Booth.
Yea....I know. And he's good. We never should have let him go to TCU.
Agreed!
Tech continues to shoot themselves in the damn foot! TCU leads 47 to 20 now.
I'm getting awfull tired of hearing the Frogs fuggin Freight Train Horn mad

I'm about to switch over to the WV OSU game.
Boy that sure turned into a schittstorm. Wow. And I guess their #1 got back at us for that block early on in the game by taking out Bradley Marquez after that interception when he was standing out of bounds. What a total piece of crap.

Posted By: Huntr Re: TX Shootout! T-Tech vs TCU - 10/26/14
Webb has to go....

Total embarrasment.
Bring on Testaverdi's kiddo !
Posted By: Huntr Re: TX Shootout! T-Tech vs TCU - 10/26/14
Bring on anyone but Webb!
Tech continues to shoot themselves in the damn foot! TCU leads 47 to 20 now.
I'm getting awfull tired of hearing the Frogs fuggin Freight Train Horn mad

I'm about to switch over to the WV OSU game.

"I'm getting awfull tired of hearing the Frogs fuggin Freight Train Horn"

EAR MUFFS!! grin eek
lol had the game on here at the house, i kept hearing the train and wondering where it was coming from. use to have train tracks running along the street behind my house 20 ys ago, though maybe we had a ghost train now lol.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: TX Shootout! T-Tech vs TCU - 10/26/14
Shootout? Yeah, just like the shootout at the end of "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid".
Just a tad one-sided, huh? That was the most points scored against any Big 12 team....ever. At least that's what the local radio guys were saying after the game.
Posted By: Techsan Re: TX Shootout! T-Tech vs TCU - 10/26/14
Painful to watch Tech football these days. Really [bleep] painful.
Well we have the Froggies next weekend. Hopefully having that at home will help.
That ought to be a damned good game!
Posted By: eyeball Re: TX Shootout! T-Tech vs TCU - 10/27/14
Are you gonna be there Butch? Wish your grandson the best.
Originally Posted by Techsan

I bet Michael Brewer and Baker Mayfield are laughing right now. Either one of them would be much better than Davis Webb.

Posted By: RyanTX Re: TX Shootout! T-Tech vs TCU - 10/27/14
I sure am glad that the Tech admin gave Kingsberry that $3.5 million/year raise based upon hype and before he even proved himself (insert sarcastic tone).
Originally Posted by RyanTX
I sure am glad that the Tech admin gave Kingsberry that $3.5 million/year raise based upon hype and before he even proved himself (insert sarcastic tone).

No kidding. We are the laughingstock of college football, and deservedly so. We are unprepared by our unproven and overpaid coaching staff. Odessa Permian would hang 40 on us I'm afraid.
Posted By: Techsan Re: TX Shootout! T-Tech vs TCU - 10/27/14
Originally Posted by Techsan

I bet Michael Brewer and Baker Mayfield are laughing right now. Either one of them would be much better than Davis Webb.

I never root for an injury, but I wouldn't be butthurt if they announce Webb has a serious enough leg injury to keep him out a couple of weeks. I'd like to see what Mahommes can do with an opportunity to play extended snaps.
Originally Posted by eyeball
Are you gonna be there Butch? Wish your grandson the best.

No, with the weather forecast 41deg. and rain and snow, ain't my thing.
© 24hourcampfire