Home
Just for a bit of fun...these photos are of a dry desert lake about 20 miles from me. It's known for it's 'Indian' petroglyphs in the dry bed and it's made it's way into some tour guides.
However, aerial photos from the 50's show it without the pics. They were apparently started in the 60's or 70's by Boy Scouts from troop 7 who left a signature on a rock. The drawings have been added to over the years, too. It's become sort of an urban legend.
It shows up nicely on Google Earth which is where I got this top photo.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Kinda like a similar site in the Wyoming Bighorn mountains. Indians claim it as a sacred place but nobody knows who did the rock stacking.
Been there. Walked the circle.
What!? Boy Scouts farting around? I doubt it...LOL!
Plug these coordinates into the satellite view of Google Maps or Earth: 43�04'20.8"N 115�53'35.6"W. It's the rival squadron here on Mountain Home, but still pretty good. From what I've heard, it's been going back and forth between the units here at least since the early 2000s.
Thanks for posting, gents. These are a hoot. Here's a link to the site that vairboy mentioned in his post:

T-BOLTS
Thanks for the link, achad. It's known localy as T-Bolt Lake, but for the record, we did have it saying TIGERS - at least for a while.
Amazing! My wife and I visited a similar site near Blythe, Ca. on the Colorado River. Now I must check. You could only see it from a nearby hill. Thanks for showing that.

mike r
watch obummer declare it a national heritage site!
I went there about 35 years ago and there was nowhere near as much stuff then as now. Just a few rocks placed in a circle with one in the middle. Word is that the Indians finally discovered some rock hauling that was done by a bored sheepherder.

Now it's all fenced off and is a very "sacred" place.
© 24hourcampfire