Home
Posted By: pahick Foods that turn your stomach? - 11/09/14
Just made schit load of hard boiled eggs. Half of em had blood spots in em sick Just cant eat that schit.....that and ricotta cheese, those two get me every time.
Lutefisk. The end.
Never had the opportunity to try it, and after a thread on here about it, doubt I ever will!! sick
Kidney beans. I would puke when my dad would hold my nose and try to force it down my throat. Just the smell can send me out of the room.
Balut......
Cantelope sick

I know, I know,,,, but I can't stand the stuff.
I don't even want it stinking up my refrigerator let alone on my plate.
Brussels Sprouts. The absolute nastiest vegetable on the planet.

I don't eat offal. I can afford the better parts of the animal. I don't care what Zimmern says he likes. smile
Liver and canned peas.
Peas and Watermelon...Food for the Devil.
Beans.

Yes....whatever kind you are thinking of...
Mayo

Cauliflower.
Originally Posted by manydogs
Kidney beans. I would puke when my dad would hold my nose and try to force it down my throat. Just the smell can send me out of the room.

Guessin your dad was the kind that you dont leave the table til the plate was clean? laugh My ole man was the same way.
Corned beef hash. Got a bad mre once, spewed all over the colonel's truck, and can't stand the smell of it since.
Originally Posted by krupp
Balut......

Wow, just watched a video on it, nasty!! sick
Cheesecake.
I'll eat lutefisk twice a week but the bad ones for me are liver and sweet potatoes (yams). There are others that I may not care for but those are the only two bad ones.
Originally Posted by Steve
Liver...

No organs of detoxification for me either. Too many other good parts of an animal, starting with backstraps and tenderloins.
Lutefisk,,,,,, fish cured in poisonous lye then rinsed in water til not poisonous?????????? ridiculous!!!!

Boiled okra, like eating a huge ball of snot!!!
Brussel spouts, snacks for the Devil.

Badger, send that Cheesecake my way please.
Ranch Dressing

Mongolian frozen camels milk. Ever cut a deer or antelope gut? The smell about gags me. That's what camel milk tastes like.

Originally Posted by Paladin

Mongolian frozen camels milk. Ever cut a deer or antelope gut? The smell about gags me. That's what camel milk tastes like.

Woof!

I'll take your word for it... eek
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Paladin

Woof!

I'll take your word for it... eek

Not fair. Everyone should try it for themselves. grin The Mongols loved it.

Liver and onions.

I'll take cyanide first.
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Ranch Dressing

^5 without a doubt !
Sushi
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Cantelope sick

I know, I know,,,, but I can't stand the stuff.
I don't even want it stinking up my refrigerator let alone on my plate.

Yes, cantaloupe and friggen beets. Might as well eat dirt,
Posted By: saj Re: Foods that turn your stomach? - 11/09/14
Nong Waa afterbirth from a cow or buffalo boiled with spices. My wife loves it. When she cooks it, it will wake you from a dead sleep barfing. My buds just love bringing it to her in calfing season. F-----s
Lots of things, I'm way to picky, anything with a strong smell I don't want to be around.
Seal oil and whale blubber.
Black eyed peas, ranch dressing any breakfast sandwich from crystals.
Toad stroganoff my mom used to make.
Posted By: JimR Re: Foods that turn your stomach? - 11/09/14
Liver and onions.
Green beans.
This chick actually likes lutefisk.

Liver.

I like the smell. The taste and texture? Not so much.

Some of the Asian foods that are purposefully spoiled are quite repulsive, like century eggs.
Liver, gizzard, kidney, brains, Rocky Mountain oysters, etc.

Any of the organ meats.
Here's a more common reaction to lutefisk by people under 40.

I had sting ray at a traditional Korean dinner once. Made me gag.
Liver,Brussel sprouts,and tequila all make me want to spew like a hot beer.
Liver, lima beans, cantelope, beets, and pink champagne. powdr
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Toad stroganoff...

lol

Damn...!
Tequila was definitely an acquired taste for me. Still tastes awful, but I enjoy it on some weird, sick, masochistic level.
Boiled eggs, liver, cottage cheese, macaroni and cheese, liver, liver and liver. I really hate liver.
Nothing that I can think of.
Balut......

I lived four years in the Philippines and ate everything available, including balut. Full disclosure: I never got up the stomach to eat a balut until the last few months I was there.
Never could stomach liver until a buddy told me it was because people over-cook it. He was right. Cook it up in some bacon grease with some onion, cook it until its just nice and pink inside, a whole different thing.
And calf liver is MUCH better than beef liver. Agreed, lots of folks cook it so it's like shoe leather.

Chicken liver is good stuff too.
Some of you folks are naming some fairly benign foods. Beans? I could live on cornbread and white beans.

I like some foods more than others, but pickled herring is the worst I've found.
Balut, lutefisk, muktuk, McDonalds...I hate them all.

Everything else goes down a bit too well. grin

I especially like kidney beans and all others, cantaloup, califlower, Brussels sprouts, organ meats with liver my favorite, sushi, all cheeses, beets, canned peas...and on and on...

Washed down with tequila or Scotch, it's all good. laugh
Liver, fish of any sort, though i do like several kinds, it all makes me puke, and seafood as well.

only thing i can think of offhand is javilena.
Originally Posted by cra1948
Never could stomach liver until a buddy told me it was because people over-cook it. He was right. Cook it up in some bacon grease with some onion, cook it until its just nice and pink inside, a whole different thing.

Fresh venison liver with onions cooked in bacon grease is actually good .........
Posted By: okok Re: Foods that turn your stomach? - 11/09/14
Lima beans, corn,peas,egg plant.
Originally Posted by MColeman
Boiled eggs, liver, cottage cheese, macaroni and cheese, liver, liver and liver. I really hate liver.

How about a Liver Sausage sandwich, with sliced red onion and butter on a Hard roll?

Food for the Gods right there.
Originally Posted by Kenneth

How about a Liver Sausage sandwich, with sliced red onion and butter on a Hard roll?

Agreed!
Posted By: byc Re: Foods that turn your stomach? - 11/09/14
pineapple on mushy white bread and miracle whip

frito pie--OMG!

My Mother. Bless her heart. She did her best with the budget she had. Now she's a cooking machine who rivals any 4 star chef grin !!
Anything that lives in water.
Originally Posted by 30Gibbs
Originally Posted by cra1948

Fresh venison liver with onions cooked in bacon grease is actually good .........

It's my favorite! I hate that we get a resident NV tag of any kind about every three years. The liver is the first thing we eat.
Originally Posted by Kenneth

[bleep] YEAH! Love Liver.
Originally Posted by Moses

I really feel sorry for you.
any kind of cooked brains, sushi. In Africa the Natives eat the insides of the insides. Put it in a pot and heat it to simmer and eat. That would make a maggot gagg.

Holy f uck! You poor SOB.
Goulash.... sick

Was sick in Grade school once. Wouldn't send me home, made me eat lunch and served Goulash.

Lost it, had to call the janitor with the kitty litter....

Can't look, smell, eat it to this day...

[Linked Image]
It's easier for me to list what I do eat - meat, fish, and potatoes. I'll eat most all of the veggies but lima beans gag me. As to the exotics, head cheese, organs, balut, lufka ... not going to happen.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Goulash.... sick

Was sick in Grade school once. Wouldn't send me home, made me eat lunch and served Goulash.

[Linked Image]

Did the same thing with Meat Loaf, haven't had it in 40 years.
Sweet Jesus there are a bunch of people on here with white folk problems.
LOVE me some muskmelon!!! (cantaloupe sucks cause that's what CA calls it ! lol smile .) I have no use for sushi... I can gag on warm "drinking water" ...nasty
Boiled (snotty) Okra.
Slimy snotty squash, sweet potatoes.
Kim Che and Bah loot.
Gagging, retching...
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Sweet Jesus there are a bunch of people on here with white folk fork problems.

fixed it for ya.
I've actually been trying hard to think of something I've seen I would flat-out just not eat, and other than balut couldn't think of one, until I remembered seeing cod sperm for sale at Tsukiji market in Tokyo. I don't care how good it might taste. I'll never know. Fish roe, OTOH, I really like. Go figure.
Before I'll cook eggs I check to see if it's been fertilized and if so separate and remove the sperm. No way, and like you said, nothing wrong with an egg.
Brussel Sprouts and Asparagus. I was force-fed both as a toddler and will start gagging at just the smell of them.

Ed
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Brussel Sprouts and Asparagus. I was force-fed both as a toddler and will start gagging at just the smell of them.

Ed

My brother and I were never force fed anything by my folks, but my old man insisted that my brother and I at least try everything once. If we didn't like it, he'd never make us eat it again, but we were instilled with the idea that not everything that tastes good necessarily looks good, and that things that are different than what you're used to are just that--different, and not necessarily bad, and that one couldn't base an opinion on something like food before trying it first.

The other thing is, as a person ages, their taste buds change, I think. Take uni (the edible portion of sea urchin colloquially called roe, but it is not), for example. As a kid in Tokyo for the first time, I tried it and literally spat it out; couldn't bring myself to even swallow it. Even the thought of it made me sick, and this from a guy that'd give a billy goat a run for his money at an eating contest. For many years I'd kill huge amounts of sushi and sashimi, but always turned my nose up and passed on the uni. FF some 20 years, and tried it again with my to-be-wife's insistence, and lo, I loved it. A few different things over the years I've found the same thing with (mostly all Asian, and specifically Japanese foods).

didn't start eating tomatoes till a couple yrs ago.
Growing up in south LA I'm sure I've eaten a lot of stuf that people wouldn't even think of cooking.

Holy f uck! You poor SOB.

Well my entire state would nearly disappear....and it's known for it's great food.
Leighton,

My folks had the same rules. It was a day-care worker who did that to me while my Mom was recovering from having my younger brother.

I now eat things that I wouldn't touch when I was younger. I love sashimi, most sushi, fresh caviar, stinky cheeses, home made blood sausage, and I've eaten fresh bowhead blubber, dried fish dipped in seal oil, and some things I couldn't identify.

I can't eat bell peppers in any fashion anymore, nor foods cooked with them, as I have become allergic to them, but that and the other two listed above is the extent of my limits.

Ed
Posted By: eh76 Re: Foods that turn your stomach? - 11/09/14
Grew up poor but we didn't know we were. Ate a lot of things a lot of people would turn their nose up at. Not much got wasted. Nothing food wise makes my stomach turn, but some I have tried and will pass on. Lutefisk is one. We had it at Christmas as my grandfather liked it. Still like head cheese, pickled pigs feet, liver sausage, etc. Heck we ate a lot of carp and bullheads when I was a kid. I will admit I would have to be pretty darn hungry to eat balut.
Mutton.. sick
Cottage Cheese or boiled Okra. Nasty chit ! Won't touch raw oysters. Best way I know to get hepatitis.
Posted By: EdM Re: Foods that turn your stomach? - 11/09/14
Any melon.
I'm one of those who'll try about anything once, and really haven't found anything I can't eat, though might prefer something else. About the only thing i really hate is canned peas. Why ruin peas by canning them?

Still remember a caribou hunt where my partner, for some reason, bought some canned peas at the local store on the way to camp. A couple of the Inuit guides tried 'em, and immediately spit them out. They were eating raw caribou meat, with plenty of the fat attached. (Had my own first taste of whale blubber on that trip, and found it pretty bland. But it hadn't been aged like many Inuits prefer.)

Hated liver until 20 when I first had fresh pronghorn liver. Still prefer fresh game liver to any domestic variety, except maybe chicken liver. Hated tomatoes, beets, asparagus, Brussels sprouts and butter when I was a kid, but like 'em all now. Don't care for the texture of boiled okra, but like it fried or pickled.

Our tastes do change as we get older, partly because recent studies have shown that trying anything 10 times or so apparently modifies our reaction somehow. Of course, those 10 times might be too many to, uh, stomach.
I can eat fried okra by the Bushel !
There's seriously something wrong with a lot of you people.

Travis
Liver....

Wouldn't touch balut when I visited the Philippines.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
only thing i can think of offhand is javilena.

Best tamales I ever ate were made by the ranch foreman's wife on a ranch in Mexico. I had killed a young javalina, and the ranch hand convinced me to take it in for her to make tamales out of. I was glad I did. smile

It was great!
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Mutton.. sick

Yep. Cabrito's not much better in my book. Goat milk tastes like a goat smells... Not having seconds on that, for sure.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Lutefisk. The end.

+1...

Ate some (WAY to much) as kind of an initiation with a bunch of friends from Minnesota up on LOW when ice fishing...

Just WOW sick

Haggis, & Tripe, never tasted, and have no need to...
Every time this thread comes up, I can't help but think that some peoples moms must have been terrible cooks.

The balut, lutefisk, and that rotten turd fruit from Malaysia get a free pass.
Boiled okra, rutabagas, any kind of raw fish. Never tried lutefisk.
Posted By: Teal Re: Foods that turn your stomach? - 11/09/14
There's nothing that immediately really turns my stomach over, other than Southern Comfort and/or Wild Turkey.

I don't particularly care for salmon, lobster or fish other than walleye, pike, shrimp and perch.
Like Leighton, there was a rule at our house, you had to try everything, and if you didn't like it you had to eat it any way.

Only 2 things I can think of: lefse and lutefisk. F'ing norwegians can't cook, period. (I married into a family of them.)
I like most of the foods that have been mentioned on this thread,but I've never heard of lutefisk..Both my Grandmothers canned everything,and I loved my maternal Grandmothers pickled corn.She canned it in jars,but I never would even try my paternal Grandmothers.She pickled it on the cob in these great big crocks,and always had the corn weighted down with a flat rock.My Father,and Uncles loved it,and I realize now that it probably was good,I kinda wish now I would have tried it.
Liver from any mammal or bird, or any dark-meated bird (especially doves) that tastes like liver, makes me gag. The smell of it cooking when I walk into a home makes me want to run away.

I've been in too many camps where someone has tried to get me to taste deer or elk liver that he has cooked. When he says, "You haven't tasted MY liver," I tell him he better hopes I never do.

I don't like the taste of salmon or trout, but I can force it down. Allowing the slimy oil from a cucumber to touch the other ingredients is the fastest way to ruin a salad, in my humble opinion.

Bill Quimby
Off-hand, I can't think of anything I absolutely will not eat, and will try anything once. I had lutefisk for the first time last year (I'm of Norwegian descent) and liked it. In fact, the annual Sons of Norway Lutefisk Dinner is next month and I plan on attending again.

Offal isn't at all awful - I haven't had sweetbreads or brains but they're on the short list of edibles to try. Bull fries? Had 'em and would eat them again. Tripe? I love a good bowl of menudo or pho. I haven't had balut - it looks nasty, but I'll have to try it before I make the final judgement.

any peppers ,red green yellow stomach can't stomach them cottage cheese,mayo,horseradish, heavy curry don't eat liver anymore, nothing pickled,cooked cabbage family. probably lots more.

norm
Sea cucumber.

Tried it.......not likely to ever again.
Posted By: add Re: Foods that turn your stomach? - 11/10/14
Balut......

[Linked Image]
Posted By: add Re: Foods that turn your stomach? - 11/10/14
[Linked Image]
Winner..
Anything with sour cream or cream cheese...no strong or sharp = rotten cheese either!

Mike
But at least it has Nacho cheese wink
Originally Posted by add
[Linked Image]

How does that not kill you? I would think instant food poisoning or something. Wonder what ever possessed someone to think about trying it? Not a chance in hell would I eat that. Never had lutefisk but not much really turns my stomach. Sweet and sour sauce is close. Actually most oriental sauces are pretty nasty, come to think of it.
Originally Posted by add
[Linked Image]

Gag! eek sick sick sick
Can you imagine how hungry the fist SOB had to have been to try that?

"Man I'm starving, what have we got to eat? I found this duck egg that fell into the mud last year, want to try it?"
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Can you imagine how hungry the fist SOB had to have been to try that?

"Man I'm starving, what have we got to eat? I found this duck egg that fell into the mud last year, want to try it?"

laugh Just dip it in ranch dressing. Yum yum

Posted By: pal Re: Foods that turn your stomach? - 11/10/14
Originally Posted by BGunn
...Haggis, & Tripe,...

Yuck!

I like the taste/aroma of menudo. But the tripe gags me--like eating a huge chunk of soft fat. sick
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
Like Leighton, there was a rule at our house, you had to try everything, and if you didn't like it you had to eat it any way.

lol
My wife/kids love seafood. I have tried to find something I like. A few years ago I spent 5 days in the heart of the Cockscomb basin Jaguar Preserve Belize (120,000 acres)on a research trip. I had to eat whatever our cooks prepared which was a lot of seafood. Grilled grouper was tolerable. I stomached a lot of refried beans and johnnie cakes that week.
Brussels Spouts sick
Love Brussels sprouts!
But don't even attempt to cook creamed peas and onions in my abode!
Lamb!
Originally Posted by eh76
Still like head cheese, pickled pigs feet, liver sausage

Three of my absolute favorites smile
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

Nope, no and nope. The above are 3 foods that while I haven't tried, I can unequivocally say NO to!
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Mutton.. sick
add this to my DISLIKE list...yuk!
Originally Posted by viking
Lamb!
Lamb, per se, prepared properly can be delicious. Mutton on the other hand, can turn me green in seconds..

But mainly for me it's Reese's PB Cups... Can't even get NEAR those things...
Lutefisk. The end.

+1 on that!! I'm mostly Norwegian, and still can't stand it!

Ken
Dad never made me eat anything. What was for supper is what was for supper. I didn't have to eat it but I wasn't getting anything else.

To this day I'm the least picky eater I know.
Balut......

Yep!
Balut isn't so bad if you can get past the texture of the feet and beak. I really can't think of a food in the US that I find totally repulsive. The ones I don't care for, I mainly don't like because of the texture.

I once at a raw octopus tentacle and it nearly choked me. It sucked onto the back of my throat, and I couldn't swallow it or cough it up. I finally got it down after chugged a couple of beers.

I'll pretty much eat anything, but one thing I'd refuse to put in my mouth would be hakarl from Iceland.
Originally Posted by Raeford

Nope, no and nope. The above are 3 foods that while I haven't tried, I can unequivocally say NO to!

That's okay, chicken and dumplings for supper, baked butternut squash, and double chocolate cake. Daughter Maggie's birthday dinner, so her favorites on the menu tonight.

What time you getting here ?
that's more like it.
Am I heading S or N?
North, south as of November 19th....
Posted By: byc Re: Foods that turn your stomach? - 11/10/14
Originally Posted by add
Balut......

[Linked Image]

NO NO NO!!!!!
But it's cold up there! cry
My wife/kids love seafood. I have tried to find something I like. A few years ago I spent 5 days in the heart of the Cockscomb basin Jaguar Preserve Belize (120,000 acres)on a research trip. I had to eat whatever our cooks prepared which was a lot of seafood. Grilled grouper was tolerable. I stomached a lot of refried beans and johnnie cakes that week.

This I don't understand. Grouper is the best saltwater fish EVER.
Was a hunting show that a big amazon-looking blonde gal starred in. Her big thing was hunting everything and eating it along with whatever the local fare was.

I seem to remember her eating a boiled egg that had been aged and pickled in horse urine. She took a big bite and explained it tasted just like a rotting egg soaked in horse piss. Can't remember what is was called, but I wouldn't try it. Made me gag a little just watching it.
I've tried a bunch of weird stuff, grubs, bugs & such. I've never had balut and won't. I don't like the texture of flan and won't eat it, even to be courteous.
Originally Posted by Raeford
But it's cold up there! cry

I can fix that ! grin
Dad never made me eat anything. What was for supper is what was for supper. I didn't have to eat it but I wasn't getting anything else.

I was raised the same way. There are some things I don't care for that my wife cooks, but I'll never complain. I'll either eat it anyway or not. There will be another meal tomorrow.

The only thing I simply won't eat, at least that I've tried, is boiled cabbage. If given a steady diet of it I'd probably just starve to death.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Foods that turn your stomach? - 11/10/14
Any type insect or worm, anything in a stage of rottenness, anything having passed through and out of a digestive system, having been previously eaten by something or someone else.

That narrows it down a bit... that along with brussel sprouts.
Rare steak/meat, if it's still bleeding I'm not eating it.

Real mayonnaise, love miracle whip and mayonnaise from restaurants but can't stand the stuff you buy at the store.

Stir Fry...gag!

I just thought of another one.
In Vietnam, I was a Loadmaster on C-130's. We were on a trash hauling mission one day, and part of it was resupplying South Korean troops.
It's hard to believe, but we were picking up a SECOND load (35,000 pounds each !!) of canned "Fish Heads and Rice in Red Sauce" to be delivered to their base.

My curiosity got the best of me, and I decided (while in flight) to open a can and see what the hell we were hauling that the Koreans obviously ate a ton of (actually, a heck of a lot more than that).
I whipped out my trusty p38 on my dog tag chain, grabbed a can off of a pallet, and commenced to open it.

Now you know that saying "Don't get any water on it, and Never, never ever feed it after midnight" ?
Well I can add a 3rd part to that... NEVER open a can of Korean "Fish Heads and Rice" while in flight without at least one paratroop door open to throw it out of"
Holy Jeebus Mamma... Instantly the crew up in the cockpit started bitching "What the hell is that stink?"
I felt like I had a grenade in my hand, pin pulled, and nowhere to throw it.
I caught hell for the rest of the day, it was like trying to get a road kill smell out of your car, when a cat died on your exhaust manifold.

Never ate any.... I can't even imagine sick
Posted By: eh76 Re: Foods that turn your stomach? - 11/11/14
Now that was funny! laugh
fresh tomatoes, not sure why......parents didnt have alot of money when i was younger and grew a large garden every year to add tot eh diet, dad has grown tomatoes for aslong as i can remember and i cant stand them or even really choke them down. odd thing is i dont mind things like spaghetti or such, not my favorite dinner but i have no problem eating it.
Originally Posted by JMR40

There are some things I don't care for that my wife cooks, but I'll never complain.

A recent study found that women who cook bad meals live much longer than the men who mention it.
I'll also add raw tomatoes, watermelon, cantaloupe! All disgust me.

Spinach, greens, blah pftueey!

Mike
Goulash.... sick

[Linked Image]

I would give 30 bucks for a big pot of some right now.

Brussel sprouts are gonna be served in hell though.
Originally Posted by GeoW
Any type insect or worm, anything in a stage of rottenness, anything having passed through and out of a digestive system, having been previously eaten by something or someone else.

In some far off foreign lands you would starve to death with that list of NOT eats grin
Originally Posted by GeoW

In some far off foreign lands you would starve to death with that list of NOT eats grin

You should try some of the chocolate covered peanuts that my Grandson ate all the chocolate off of, and then returned to the candy dish...
I worked with a guy years ago who said the only thing that turned his stomach was a woman's bare belly against his bare back...
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by add
Balut......

[Linked Image]

NO NO NO!!!!!

more like,,, HELL NO NO NO!!!!!!!
Cant stand chitlins or liver.
Baked beans. I love em, but damn they tear me up.

Shrimp, oysters, clams, head cheese, tongue

Ranch anything.
Originally Posted by White_Bear
I'll eat lutefisk twice a week but the bad ones for me are liver and sweet potatoes (yams). There are others that I may not care for but those are the only two bad ones.

Dude... there is no doubt where you're from. grin
Boiled carrots make me gag.

Now, Spanish snails? . . . love 'em

[Linked Image]
Now, Spanish snails? . . . love 'em

They look as if they would be crunchy. grin miles
Posted By: eh76 Re: Foods that turn your stomach? - 01/21/15
Originally Posted by tzone

Shrimp, oysters, clams, head cheese, tongue

tzone what is wrong with you?
Another Spanish delicacy I love . . . cigalas

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Brussels Sprouts. The absolute nastiest vegetable on the planet.

I don't eat offal. I can afford the better parts of the animal. I don't care what Zimmern says he likes. smile

Or as I refer to them, Satan's testicles.

I hate those things with a passion. Anything you can saute with butter and garlic then wrap in bacon and is still foul tasting just isn't fit for human consumption.

I've never tried Balut, just can't get over the thought of it.

I generally like trying exotic foreign foods, or local traditional dishes so my list of won't eat is fairly small.

For me, it's popcorn. I'm allergic to it and just the smell of it popping gags me instantly.

Also, tube steak in any form. I hear it's pretty popular in Cleveland though. shocked
Originally Posted by SteelCityArcher

Also, tube steak in any form. I hear it's pretty popular in Cleveland though. shocked

I'll take your word on it...
My list is pretty benign: sour cream, mayo, ranch dressing, and butterbeans.
Green, red, yellow peppers, celery, balut, chicken feet, head cheese.
I'll eat most anything. A few things like lima beans I'm not found of. Only two things come to mind that are awful. Sea Cumber (previously mentioned) and the other I'm very surprised nobody mentioned FRUITCAKE.
We had the same rule growing up, you ate what was put on the table or went hungry till the next meal. If you did not clean your plate you did not get dessert. Was forced to eat brussel sprouts, wax beans both of which are nasty, can't even stand the smell of the water brussel sprouts have been prepared in. Okra looks and smells nasty too. I was talked into eating mountain lion on a hunting trip once, I really liked it.
Originally Posted by SteelCityArcher

I'll take your word on it...

Sorry, I can't help you there bud.
I've never even been to Cleveland.
Spam and any type of liver. I travel a lot and some strange stuff, most of it is at least edible. Korea and Malaysia were the only places I was not a fan of most of the local grub.

salmon patties
Posted By: Jess Re: Foods that turn your stomach? - 01/22/15
Balut......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCsa_Doev7Y
Enjoy!
Carp.

Mutton or Lamb.

Gizzards.

Okra.

And I have to be pretty hungry before I'll eat meatloaf or bierocks.

Strangely enough though, I like liver....especially liver & onions & bacon....and Brussels sprouts. In the early 70's I made an overland trip from Luxembourg to Nepal.....and I really have no idea what most of the stuff was that I ate along the way....but I liked the majority of it....especially in Turkey. There was a considerable amount of mystery food in Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Nepal.....almost all street food or local restaurants where you just go in the kitchen and point at stuff that looks non-threatening. Whatever they had in India was just too damn hot to eat....and I grew up on Tex-Mex food.
I grew up eating stuff that would make a goat puke, have been all around the world, but the only thing that turns my guts is French onion soup. My wife and daughters love it.
French onion soup with mozzarella is delicious!

Carp on the other hand I've never tried and won't eat.
Cucumbers. Butter milk.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
French onion soup with mozzarella is delicious!

Never had it smoked?? PM me your address and I will send a couple of smoked carp sides. All kidding aside most of Asia lives on carp and the worst part is having old bugle lips head staring at you from a bowl of rice
Pickled beets. Forced to eat them as a kid and can't even stand the smell of them.

Olives. Don't know why. Used to love them. Now, I just have completely lost all taste for them.
oysters and clams.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Foods that turn your stomach? - 01/22/15
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Sissy! Battered and Deep fried or smoked it is good stuff.
Yams.
Originally Posted by Stush
Pickled beets. Forced to eat them as a kid and can't even stand the smell of them.

Olives. Don't know why. Used to love them. Now, I just have completely lost all taste for them.

One of my twin boys loves it when I put olib's in my beer, I bought the garlic stuffed green olives, he at the olive, but just swallowed the garlic.........found it a few hours later......still smelled like garlic. smile
Lutefisk. The end.
Right there with you Cheesy.
Spam
© 24hourcampfire