Home
Posted By: Mannlicher Economy in Sarasota Florida - 11/16/14
I almost skipped this article, but it turned out to be pretty interesting. Really insightful are the comments.
The paper is pretty left wing, and of course, they call for 'solutions' such as higher wages, public assistance and the like.
What Florida, and most of America really needs, is cheaper energy, more domestic manufacturing, lower taxes, less imports, and for the EPA to take a vacation.
link to story
Posted By: BarryC Re: Economy in Sarasota Florida - 11/17/14
I don't know about Sarasota, but they ruined Ruskin by building public housing and moving in all the illegal aliens from the Caribbean & the Americas.

You get what you encourage.
most of America really needs, is cheaper energy

Not as long as the dems have a say

I've never understood why Florida never developed much industry.
Right to work state and generally business friendly conditions.
Because most of our state politicians are idiots that think tomorrow should look like yesterday.

The few places in the state that have fostered Industry, light manufacturing and/or research have prospered. Otherwise the holy grail is to build more houses to lure more Yankees so we can chase their retirement check around in circles.
What Florida needs is to kick out the illegal aliens. Davenport has turned into little mexico city.
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
What Florida needs is to kick out the illegal aliens. Davenport has turned into little mexico city.

on that note, I stopped Thursday on the Turnpike, at Osceola Parkway to get gas.
EVERY single employee at the McDonalds, and at the RaceTrack gas station was mexican. Virtually every customer was Mexican. Osceola County now is listed by .gov as 48.6% Hispanic. Damn near 50%, and growing.
© 24hourcampfire