Home
Executive Order, I have seen it used in the past of course but on issues of a much smaller magnitude than Obama is using them for.

Giving people immunity from the crime they have committed, aka illegal�s, takes it to a higher level of use, so much so I wonder where does it end?

What�s to stop Obama, or any President for that matter, to simply pay no attention to how Congress votes and pass every item on their personal agenda via Executive order?

Where does it end? What are the rules governing Executive Orders as I can�t seem to find any?

What if Obama makes an Executive Order tomorrow banning all guns?

The Supreme Court would back us up....really....what if they don�t?

Obama in the next two years could Executive Order this Country into oblivion?

Am I wrong here but I find myself sitting here thinking WTF is going on?
We have entered the Imperial Era.
Yep.
Originally Posted by Harry M

What if Obama makes an Executive Order tomorrow banning all guns?

Well, that would eliminate the guesswork for a lot of people.

I expect the forum would see a few posts on it.
Get used to it, that's going to become the new norm anytime there is a congress divided from the White House. As time goes on, the two parties work with each other less and less.

Neither side ever wants to compromise on anything anymore. Yet the public still wants stuff done. So the only thing left is executive orders.

This is a failure of our legislature due to the fact that the electorate on both sides will not tolerate a law maker that will ever compromise on anything. Meaning, the voters are to blame. So when we all stood up and said no more compromise, this is the fruit of that labor.

The unintended consequence is we force the President into making more executive orders, and that gives the president even more power.

So either the electorate grows up and comes to the realization that you can't always have it your way, or we grind our government to a halt.
So Kevin, what exactly should our side compromise on?
Grind that schit to halt. Shut it down. Remove funding line by line from every single executive function. Make that sumbitch go to his penny jar for green fees.

The public doesn't want things done, they want things to stop being done...TO THEM.
bummer will not be granting "immunity from a crime" because he denies they have committed a crime. Nothing that costs the government money will be done because the House will defund anything that costs money. This will amount to nothing. Its all aimed at the 2016 presidential elections trying to curry favor with the hispanic vote.
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Get used to it, that's going to become the new norm anytime there is a congress divided from the White House. As time goes on, the two parties work with each other less and less.

Neither side ever wants to compromise on anything anymore. Yet the public still wants stuff done. So the only thing left is executive orders.

This is a failure of our legislature due to the fact that the electorate on both sides will not tolerate a law maker that will ever compromise on anything. Meaning, the voters are to blame. So when we all stood up and said no more compromise, this is the fruit of that labor.

The unintended consequence is we force the President into making more executive orders, and that gives the president even more power.

So either the electorate grows up and comes to the realization that you can't always have it your way, or we grind our government to a halt.

There is a third option, and the one that will come to pass. We go from the original Constitutional Republic to a de facto Caesarian empire. That will come to pass. From there, either the empire falls from decay within or splits apart via revolution and outside instigated/initiated war.

Roman history continues to shed more and more light on our present and our future.
Oh, and by the way, compromise is not "Elections have consequences and our side won." Compromise is "Hey, I know you guys hate immigration amnesty, but if you'll send something up on that, I'll cut capital gains taxes and sponsor some real entitlement reform."
as i understand it, executive order doesn't mean anything. it's just the president telling congress what he thinks they should do. what he going to do tomorrow is an executive action, which basically tells how the gov is going to enforce existing law. he does have the authority to tell federal employees to basically ignore this law, or that law, but cannot use executive privilege to enact new law in any way.

the way i understand it, he is basically going to tell federal law enforcement to stop enforcing the laws against being here illegally by itself, and instead focus on drug muling, trafficking, gang activity etc by illegals.

i'm not sure how much the status quo is actually going to change. this is all politics, and so is the conservative reaction to it.

we know the existing laws against being here are not being enforced, and haven't been for some time. otherwise, there wouldn't be millions of illegals here.
He is saying the same thing he said in 2008. Only now, instead of saying it to government entities behind closed doors, he's saying it publicly.

Travis
Originally Posted by 4ager

8Some how you have chosen to look past the history of the use of the Executive Order. Shale we take a closer look?

Hell Ya!

A Reality Check on Executive Orders and the �Dictator Obama� Myth

President Obama has only signed 168 executive orders so far. This compares to 291 executive orders signed by the previous president. In fact, George W. Bush signed more orders in his first four years, 173, than President Obama has signed in just over five.

Read more if you choose!

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/01/a-reality-check-on-executive-orders-and-the-dictator-obama-myth-2/
numbers are nice.

can you expound on the exact nature of Bush's executive orders?

Just how dynamic of action were they?

Did any of them really compare to giving a pass on criminal charges to millions of people in the country illegally?

And BTW, GFY.
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

8Some how you have chosen to look past the history of the use of the Executive Order. Shale we take a closer look?

Hell Ya!

President Obama has only signed 168 executive orders so far. This compares to 291 executive orders signed by the previous president. In fact, George W. Bush signed more orders in his first four years, 173, than President Obama has signed in just over five.

Read more if you choose!

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/01/a-reality-check-on-executive-orders-and-the-dictator-obama-myth-2/

Yes, there is no difference in an executive order declaring next Thursday a National Gay and Lesbian Pet Day and one granting de facto amnesty to twenty million illegal aliens.

Very well put! The art of governing for the good of the people is all but over on both sides. Compromise has become a dirty word and thus we are here!
Read the link my man. It lays it out nicely.
Oh, and if as I understand it he is order work permits, then the Repubs could kill it with a single speech. They should simply announce that once they gain control, that everyone who received a work permit under this executive action they consider to be illegal will move immediately to the front of the line for deportation and a permanent ban from the United States.

THAT would kill the whole thing instantly. None of the illegals would apply for those work permits. True, it wouldn't do much to help the situation we have now, but it would maintain the status quo because no one would be getting those work permits.
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Yeah..I'd like to hear that too. And since when has the lefties compromised with the right??

In case you forgot, Kevin, the last 6 years it's been "our way or the highway".. THEY did zero compromising. But now, since they've finally lost their azz and the GOP has both houses, NOW all of a sudden Reid wants to 'compromise'..

My words to Reid = GFY...

Compromise = defeat..

Hell Ya!

Read more if you choose!

So Bush doing stupid schit by EO gives Obama a pass to do similar stupid schit?

Is that about what you are trying to convey?

No it doesn't.

All it did was compare a bunch of trivial [bleep].

Amnesty by executive order. Was there a Bush equivalent?

And how would it be justified either way?
Huffington post MSNBC drivel from moronic progressive/regressive communist lieberals. Nothing to see there, that has a lick of truth in it.

Well this is just me, and I'm sure you guys will flame the hell out me for not towing the right wing line, but I don't much care.

Compromises from the right:
We need a guest worker program, a realistic one so a head of lettuce doesn't cost $10. We need a way where employers with illegals can work with ICE to make their workers legal. They don't have to be citizens, but we can make them legal.

It's completely unreasonable and logistically/financially impossible to deport 20 million illegal aliens; that's just a pipe dream of people who are pissed off (of which, I'm one of them, but I CAN be realistic). Republicans need to just drop that one no matter how pissed they are.

The border fence is a dip-chit feel-good idea that is the maximum dollar expenditure for the least return. There are much better ways to secure the border�hell, just let the border patrol do their job; that alone will get you 9/10ths of the way there.

There needs to be a path to citizenship, but it needs to be in a way that doesn't bump illegals ahead of those who have been trying to become a citizen LEGALLY. Stop welfare and medicaid, then require any illegal to get a job and spend X amount of years as a guest migrant worker before they're eligible for citizenship. Then require sponsorship from an employer/continuous employment for citizenship. It doesn't have to happen overnight (hell, how long they been here?), it can take a decade or more, but we need to work it out and get it done. This would be a good tit-for a secure our border tat.

Compromises from the left:
SECURE OUR FREAKING BORDER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

Let the border patrol do the their freaking jobs, and back them like we back out troops.

Illegal immigrants who commit felonies need to be immediately deported; every damn one of them! Again, doesn't have to happen overnight, but it needs to happen. And Mexico can kiss our collective arses.

At a very minimum, we need to suspend welfare and medicaid to illegal immigrants for 2-3 years while we create a migrant worker program with employer sponsorship. Personally I'd like to see it completely stopped, but I'd settle for a temporary suspension while we work chit out.
Originally Posted by RWE

No it doesn't.

Bush wanted amnesty, he just wasn't willing to go to an executive order to do it.
Originally Posted by RWE

No it doesn't.

Bush wanted amnesty, he just wasn't willing to go to an executive order to do it.

Ok, notwithstanding this conjecture, the difference between Bush's EO, and �bama's is that Bush did a bunch of trivial [bleep], and �bama did some trivial [bleep], and held up the EO as something he could do to circumvent Congress, AND appears likely to do an EO for nefarious purposes on a polarized and controversial issue that has far reaching ramifications..
Originally Posted by Redneck
Yeah..I'd like to hear that too. And since when has the lefties compromised with the right??

In case you forgot, Kevin, the last 6 years it's been "our way or the highway".. THEY did zero compromising. But now, since they've finally lost their azz and the GOP has both houses, NOW all of a sudden Reid wants to 'compromise'..

My words to Reid = GFY...

Compromise = defeat..
Well my finger wasn't pointed only at the right, I thought my post was completely neutral but I guess most didn't take it that way.

Compromise has to come on both sides. You have to negotiate for the Win-Win, or you get the Win-Lose, and we go right back to the staus-quo (which given all the beotching here, doesn't seem to be working).
Originally Posted by RWE
Ok, notwithstanding this conjecture, the difference between Bush's EO, and �bama's is that Bush did a bunch of trivial [bleep], and �bama did some trivial [bleep], and held up the EO as something he could do to circumvent Congress, AND appears likely to do an EO for nefarious purposes on a polarized and controversial issue that has far reaching ramifications..
Yep, that's about how I see it.
I find it odd that you feel the left should work to secure our border but in the same post you state a fence is a "dip schit feel good idea."

Travis
Travis, if you haven't noticed yet Kevin has just about everything all figured out for us, all we have to do is listen in awe.
From a cynical "Don't give a rat's ass about the country" perspective it is good politics. Obama puts the Republicans in a bind. The base will be screaming for them to do something and stop Obama. If they don't try, the base says "Frick it" and doesn't show up for the Republicans at the next election. If they do come out swinging, the press is going to make them look like raving lunatics for the next two years.

At this point, I don't care if the whole country goes up in flames. End it here, end it now.
Originally Posted by deflave
I find it odd that you feel the left should work to secure our border but in the same post you state a fence is a "dip schit feel good idea."

Travis

Well that�s because we do need to secure our border, but the border fence is a dip-chit idea. Look where we have fences now, countless tunnels, cut fences, people going over the fence, under the fence. A fence keeps out the really brain dead�anyone more than room temperature can figure out now to circumvent the fence. It�s the biggest expenditure of money for the least return on our dollars. What do you want, symbolism or results? Sounds like you�re more interested in symbolism. I on the other hand would actually like to see money used in a productive fashion and end up with a secure border.

What was it that Patton said??? "Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man" Something to that effect.
Sans fence, how do you insure a secure border?
The answer is obvious.

Choot em.
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Travis, if you haven't noticed yet Kevin has just about everything all figured out for us, all we have to do is listen in awe.

I have things worked out in my mind; clearly my ideas don't work for everyone. But I enjoy good gentlemanly debate on such issues, and every now and then, I'll learn something that makes me change my perspective.

But I wonder why when I post an idea that's different from the rest of the crowd why everyone gets so hostile...a bit insecure maybe that perhaps someone dares to go against the hive mind???
Well that�s because we do need to secure our border, but the border fence is a dip-chit idea. Look where we have fences now, countless tunnels, cut fences, people going over the fence, under the fence. A fence keeps out the really brain dead�anyone more than room temperature can figure out now to circumvent the fence. It�s the biggest expenditure of money for the least return on our dollars. What do you want, symbolism or results? Sounds like you�re more interested in symbolism. I on the other hand would actually like to see money used in a productive fashion and end up with a secure border.

What was it that Patton said??? "Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man" Something to that effect.

You don't seem to understand that a fence can and does influence flow and causes smugglers to adapt.

While only a fool would believe it stops all flow along a border, it is impossible to dispute their effectiveness when combined with personnel.

Travis

I have things worked out in my mind; clearly my ideas don't work for everyone. But I enjoy good gentlemanly debate on such issues, and every now and then, I'll learn something that makes me change my perspective.

But I wonder why when I post an idea that's different from the rest of the crowd why everyone gets so hostile...a bit insecure maybe that perhaps someone dares to go against the hive mind???

No not at all, I just find it odd that you have an opinion and present said opinion as if it were fact on nearly every political, economic, and social issue that is discussed here on the fire.

Merely an observation.

But I wonder why when I post an idea that's different from the rest of the crowd why everyone gets so hostile...

You need to work on your delivery.

Travis
The same way we have for the past 100 years, you let the Border Patrol do their freaking jobs, and you back them like we back our soldiers. You let them arrest, and you immediately deport.

There are 4 elements to securing anything, and a border fence is only one of those elements, and not really great at that.

Deter
Detect
Delay
Respond

Deter - A fence isn't much of a deterrence. An armed Border Patrolman certainly is.

Detect - Fences don't detect squat

Delay - This is the only thing it does, but the delay isn't sufficient to be effective, and if you read up on how the border fence has been working, you'll see it hasn't really been effective at all.

Respond - Fences don't respond, men do.

I'm not saying a fence is worthless, don't confuse what I'm saying. But a fence by itself just won't do the job. You need to get all the other elements in place before a fence really adds anything meaningful.

Look at Israel, they have all the elements and their fence has more tunnels under it than Vietnam had during the war.

Everyone here respects Patton, but won't heed his words about fixed fortifications.

But I wonder why when I post an idea that's different from the rest of the crowd why everyone gets so hostile...

You need to work on your delivery.

Travis
On that you're probably right Travis...I can be an abrasive SOB that's for sure. You just know I'll be the old man standing on the porch yelling at the kids to get off my damm lawn.
S
o Bush doing stupid schit by EO gives Obama a pass to do similar stupid schit?

Is that about what you are trying to convey?

No, stupid id stupid regardless of the party or who is being stupid. My only point is this prez has not cornered the market on EO's as it has been used by almost all presidents for a very long time.
No not at all, I just find it odd that you have an opinion and present said opinion as if it were fact on nearly every political, economic, and social issue that is discussed here on the fire.

Merely an observation.

First - Who here doesn't present their political views in exactly that manner?

Second - You're right, but I believe in my convictions; is that so bad?

As you can tell, I�m a very different kind of guy and I don�t see things the way Republicans or Democrats see them. Often I don�t see things in the middle of the two either, but I see them in ways that neither side are talking about. So I talk about the way I see things and that conflicts on both sides of the isle, so I tend to rub people the wrong way in issues of politics.
Did you actually read the link? It laid out Bush vs Obama point by point? You can read, right?
I'll give you a hint Walt. It isn't the EO's that are a problem. Everyone here realizes that they have been a tool for the Executive Branch to govern for long before any of us were around. However it is the intent to circumvent the checks and balances within our system and the effects those orders will have that are alarming.

Get it?
You don't seem to understand that a fence can and does influence flow and causes smugglers to adapt.

While only a fool would believe it stops all flow along a border, it is impossible to dispute their effectiveness when combined with personnel.

Travis
If we keep all the way it is and just add a fence, it will be a HUGE expenditure of dollars for next to no return. I�d be willing to talk fences after we fix a whole lot else. We first need to allow our border patrol to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. And quite honestly, until we have the political resolve to do that, I�m not willing to talk billions for a fence that will be useless.

If the border patrol is set loose, I�d be up for a discussion of a fence. But any fence absent manpower to watch that fence line is just throwing more good money after bad.
I'll give you a hint Walt. It isn't the EO's that are a problem. Everyone here realizes that they have been a tool for the Executive Branch to govern for long before any of us were around. However it is the intent to circumvent the checks and balances within our system and the effects those orders will have that are alarming.

Get it?
Ding, ding, ding; we have a winner, chicken dinner!!!
Did you actually read the link? It laid out Bush vs Obama point by point? You can read, right?

This isn't Bush vs. Obama. Once you get that through your head you might begin to understand what the problems are.

Get it?
Ding, ding, ding; we have a winner, chicken dinner!!!

LyingAssWalt can't and won't admit the truth. It's against every fiber of his being. Hell, even when he was in business, his ads were complete fabrications and overblown exaggeration.
About the only question I need answering at this point is whether the guillotine needs to be set up closer to the White House or Capitol Hill.
Maybe 4ager knows this, he seems to know constitutional law pretty well; much better than I do.

Wasn�t the original intent of Executive Orders more to ensure that laws passed were enforced? Example, congress enacts a tax on whiskey. Whiskey makers say piss off and we�ll shoot the first SOB who tries to collect a tax. President Washington issues an executive order to call up troops, go kick arse and make the law stand.

Wasn�t that the real intent of executive orders? I�m betting you�ll know more.

But then going as far back as Lincoln (and I�m sure it started before him) with the Emancipation Proclamation an executive order just became law of the land without going through congress. And no, I�m not saying the slave shouldn�t have been freed, just that the process was circumvented and not done in the right way.

Love to hear 4agers thoughts.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
About the only question I need answering at this point is whether the guillotine needs to be set up closer to the White House or Capitol Hill.
Capitol Hill, I'll setup the hot dog stand wink
The same way we have for the past 100 years, you let the Border Patrol do their freaking jobs, and you back them like we back our soldiers.

I hope not! Our soldiers are under rules of engagement that tie their hands so much it it killing them. mad
Let's abdicate the stupid treaty and put troops on the border. Team them up with border patrol agents.
Let Texas and Arizona handle it. One hundred Rinches could shut down the border tighter than a drum except for the occasional flare up.
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Let's abdicate the stupid treaty and put troops on the border. Team them up with border patrol agents.
While I agree with the sentiment, I don't like the idea of using soldiers for law enforcement jobs. Like in Fergusson, that's asking for trouble and that Governor will be lucky to get out of this with his azz intact.

Soldiers are not trained for law enforcement, and I don't want to lose our combat effectiveness because we don't have the will to let cops be cops.

We need to back the Border Patrol, let them arrest and deport...you know, their freakin job description. If we need more, then let's hire more for crying out loud.
Why not use MP's? How many more BP agents do we have to hire? Who's going to pay for them?

Soldiers aren't cops, I agree but I don't see this as so much a law enforcement mission as a security mission and soldiers have been standing security for forever.
I'd rather not start eroding posse comitatus to any degree. Institute a flat/fair tax, fire the IRS, redirect funds to BP. Problem solved.

Well this is just me, and I'm sure you guys will flame the hell out me for not towing the right wing line, but I don't much care.

We need a guest worker program, a realistic one so a head of lettuce doesn't cost $10. We need a way where employers with illegals can work with ICE to make their workers legal. They don't have to be citizens, but we can make them legal.

It's completely unreasonable and logistically/financially impossible to deport 20 million illegal aliens; that's just a pipe dream of people who are pissed off (of which, I'm one of them, but I CAN be realistic). Republicans need to just drop that one no matter how pissed they are.

The border fence is a dip-chit feel-good idea that is the maximum dollar expenditure for the least return. There are much better ways to secure the border�hell, just let the border patrol do their job; that alone will get you 9/10ths of the way there.

There needs to be a path to citizenship, but it needs to be in a way that doesn't bump illegals ahead of those who have been trying to become a citizen LEGALLY. Stop welfare and medicaid, then require any illegal to get a job and spend X amount of years as a guest migrant worker before they're eligible for citizenship. Then require sponsorship from an employer/continuous employment for citizenship. It doesn't have to happen overnight (hell, how long they been here?), it can take a decade or more, but we need to work it out and get it done. This would be a good tit-for a secure our border tat.

Let the border patrol do the their freaking jobs, and back them like we back out troops.

Illegal immigrants who commit felonies need to be immediately deported; every damn one of them! Again, doesn't have to happen overnight, but it needs to happen. And Mexico can kiss our collective arses.

At a very minimum, we need to suspend welfare and medicaid to illegal immigrants for 2-3 years while we create a migrant worker program with employer sponsorship. Personally I'd like to see it completely stopped, but I'd settle for a temporary suspension while we work chit out.

My plan is this:

You want to be a citizen - fine:

Cost - $20,000 PER citizenship paid over 15 years - automatically taken from check
Sign up and check in every 6 months with location, occupation, contact information, etc.
Work and have your employer deduct the Citizenship fee
ZERO felony convictions - one felony and you are out of the program and out of the country - must be CONVICTED felony and yes DUI counts

So - work, contribute to the country, pay your way, and stay out of trouble in 10 years you are a full blown citizen. Done.

I worked with a Canadian for year and it cost him almost $20K in lawyers, travel and forms to become an American citizen.

You cannot just kick them out - they are FAR to deep in our economy - it would literally cripple the nation, NOR can you just forgive the CRIME they are committing by being here AGAINST THE LAW.
When Obama issues the EO on the Illegals the Congressional Republican leadership should immediately tell the National Lawn Jockey that there will be no deal period on the budget resolution.

When the current spending legislation runs out the Government shuts down until the illegal Illegal Executive Order is rescinded.

Of course they won't do that because all of the Republican Congress Critters want to cultivate a Hispanic Bloc vote too and are afraid a shutdown will make them look bad in the mainstream press.

Travis

Kevin, please tell
Me where the immigration system is broken? And why it needs streamlining?

If we would force welfare rats to take the same jobs "migrant workers" take, in order to receive their welfare money. Lettuce wouldn't be 10 dollars a head
I don't think it violate posse comititatus. It's security not law enforcement. It's like guarding nuclear weapons. Only more important.

Yes! Fair/Flat tax. Reduce the IRS to 1/10th its current size. ABSOLUTELY!
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
While I agree with the sentiment, I don't like the idea of using soldiers for law enforcement jobs. Like in Fergusson, that's asking for trouble and that Governor will be lucky to get out of this with his azz intact.

Soldiers are not trained for law enforcement, and I don't want to lose our combat effectiveness because we don't have the will to let cops be cops.

We need to back the Border Patrol, let them arrest and deport...you know, their freakin job description. If we need more, then let's hire more for crying out loud.

Agree.
The whole immigration reform shootin' match is based on the assumption that immigration NEEDS reform. This is a lie. The only reason it would need reform, is if you want everybody that wants to come here, be able to come here. Everybody. The immigration laws are crafted to prevent that, and favor the best interest of our country, instead of the immigrant.
What??? Enforce the laws on the books? What a strange thought.
Can't have that! No way! Don't even think it.

For the record, the only part of immigration that's broke is the border and the illegals that we're allowing to stay here.

My maternal grandparents were immigrants.
Armed drones.
Lettuce wouldn't be 10 dollars a head
You either don't do the grocery shopping or don't buy lettuce. smile
Originally Posted by Scott F
What??? Enforce the laws on the books? What a strange thought.

That's racist
laugh You are probably right in the government's eyes.
I know this Mexican woman that recently spent a hell of a lot
of time, effort and yep, some money to become a legal citizen.
No telling how many jobs she has - to make a living in Leakey
Tx. obama might as well slap her face and tell her TGFed.
Amnesty is a slap in the face to all that attained citizen-
ship by legal means. Don't be counting on these Mexicans
voting Democrat.
Originally Posted by RickyD

Kevin insinuated that without illegal workers lettuce(as an example) would be 10 bucks a head. I counter argued that we don't need migrant workers, we need to do make welfare rats do those jobs if they wanna keep their benefits
Congratulations you have discovered what the Second Amendment is all about.Or at least what the founders intended it to be. I wonder if we have the gonads to use it if necessary.

And I addressed that in a later post. There is a difference between the two. If you don't recognize that, your not really worth debating with any amount of civility.
An Executive Order within the scope of the duties of president is one thing.

An Executive Order that intentionally bypasses the Constitution, Congress, or the Rule of Law already in effect is quite different.

If someone doesn't know the difference, then they probably did vote for Obama.
Seems the king/zero wants the border guarded the same way........ the secret service has been guarding the white house.
Sounds as if an Iowan may have intended to solve the problem with a thuty thuty.

The true cost of a head of Lettuce would make your head spin.
We need a guest worker program, a realistic one so a head of lettuce doesn't cost $10.

No, we need able bodied Americans picking lettuce instead of being on welfare.

It's completely unreasonable and logistically/financially impossible to deport 20 million illegal aliens;

Why?

There are much better ways to secure the border�

Agreed, but most folks don't have the stomach for it.

There needs to be a path to citizenship,

There already is. It could stand to be expanded, but the right idea is there.

Agree and agree.

Illegal immigrants who commit felonies need to be immediately deported; every damn one of them!

Fixed it.

Fixed this one too. miles
Originally Posted by benchman
The whole immigration reform shootin' match is based on the assumption that immigration NEEDS reform. This is a lie. The only reason it would need reform, is if you want everybody that wants to come here, be able to come here. Everybody. The immigration laws are crafted to prevent that, and favor the best interest of our country, instead of the immigrant.

Not to nitpick , but by some counts there are 20 million people here illegally. I'd suggest the immigration system is pretty well broken.
]If we keep all the way it is and just add a fence, it will be a HUGE expenditure of dollars for next to no return. I�d be willing to talk fences after we fix a whole lot else. We first need to allow our border patrol to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. And quite honestly, until we have the political resolve to do that, I�m not willing to talk billions for a fence that will be useless.

If the border patrol is set loose, I�d be up for a discussion of a fence. But any fence absent manpower to watch that fence line is just throwing more good money after bad.

Again, the need for personnel is a given. But you stated a fence is a dip schit idea and that makes it pretty obvious you haven't spoken to a lot of illegal aliens.

Travis
Originally Posted by milespatton
We need a guest worker program, a realistic one so a head of lettuce doesn't cost $10.

No, we need able bodied Americans picking lettuce instead of being on welfare.

Yep. The migrant worker myth is one of the commie lover's mainstays.

Travis
Only problem he uses the executive orders for things the people do not want. Got to stop.
obama feels the Americans have "let him down".
He is very unhappy and someone is going to
pay dearly.
He is very unhappy and someone is going to
pay dearly.
We have every right and obligation to make sure he's the one that pays dearly.
Originally Posted by Paradiddle

My plan is this:

You want to be a citizen - fine:

Cost - $20,000 PER citizenship paid over 15 years - automatically taken from check
Sign up and check in every 6 months with location, occupation, contact information, etc.
Work and have your employer deduct the Citizenship fee
ZERO felony convictions - one felony and you are out of the program and out of the country - must be CONVICTED felony and yes DUI counts

So - work, contribute to the country, pay your way, and stay out of trouble in 10 years you are a full blown citizen. Done.

I worked with a Canadian for year and it cost him almost $20K in lawyers, travel and forms to become an American citizen.

You cannot just kick them out - they are FAR to deep in our economy - it would literally cripple the nation, NOR can you just forgive the CRIME they are committing by being here AGAINST THE LAW.

Not having read further than this yet... this is an idea.

The green card issue is already there.

Some things need to be addressed, after all if you shut hte border years ago many of us would not be here.

But it should be controlled totally and all benefits taken away until full citizenhsip or at least some form of I"m almost there, has been completed.

No one gave my ancestors anything(heck they picked cotton with the blacks and the blacks even today get way more freebies than we never did....) THey worked to get where they are.

ALong with compromise on this issue, the issues of freebies for citizens needs to be addressed.

Used to be if you needed help what you got wasn't enough to live off of. I believe its more than sufficient these days. And if its not, lets make it so, for those even without kids. But they have to qualify. Drug testing. Public service in lieu of what you are getting, even if its just trash on the side of the road type of service. THen boost em up, but give em a time limit. 3-5 years max to stand up. Access em some job training, I did not say college, I said training.

And once off, then you have to be off for X years before you can apply again.

A LOT of things can be and shoudl be compromised to get to a better place.

But I have this side of me that says piss on em anyway, if htey wouldn't work with us, why should we with them.... but that will get us where we are currently...
Originally Posted by night_owl

No kidding. I had not thought of it that way but you are right.
Honest question for the policy wonks.

In regards to illegal "amnesty", does this Executive Order differ substantially than the republican's bill (mccain/rubio, etc) floated a while back ?

Great question Gitem. If conservatives, won't compromise they are obstructionist, govt shut down loving, party of no. If the libs won't compromise they are standing up for the values of their constituents. It's also not a double standard. Ask the MSM!

Oh yea, almost forgot, conservatives are also domestic terrorists for refusing to give up our 2A rights "for the chirren."
Originally Posted by night_owl

Educate me. What is the true cost of lettuce? If more than a buck or two, it must be a loss leader universally across the nation. But I don't believe it is.

Get it?

Got it...

Do yo think it has anything to do with the lack of meaningful legislation coming out of the GOP controlled house that has caused this circumvention issue? The house has chosen to offer nada-nothing, zip in the past 6 years thus we have EO run a muck.

Get it?

Get it?

Got it...

Do yo think it has anything to do with the lack of meaningful legislation coming out of the GOP controlled house that has caused this circumvention issue? The house has chosen to offer nada-nothing, zip in the past 6 years thus we have EO run a muck.

Get it?

Retard,

The Ds controlled both the House and Senate in '09 and '10. They did nothing then, either.

The Senate under Reid would not consider any of the bills passed by the House since 2010, and offered no bills to the House in return until late this past session, and that bill was a non-starter.

Facts always trump your lies.
An Executive Order that intentionally bypasses the Constitution, Congress, or the Rule of Law already in effect is quite different.

Do me the favor of pointing out how any of the Obama EO's violated the constitution. Don't try pretending, just provide something real and solid. Bet ya can't!
I put the idiot on ignore a long time ago. You have more of a chance of getting Nancy Pelosi to look better than Miss America that you have of getting any sense out of NWA.
Oh, I know. Lyin'AssWalt can't and won't admit to facts or the truth. It's against his nature.
Like putting lipstick on a pig.

All we have to do is make being an illegal immigrant a felony with 5 years in prison as the punishment. First offenders will be given the option of pleading guilty, accepting deportation and receive a suspended sentence. That way they could be thrown in prison without a trial if they return.

Make providing aid to illegals a felony punishable by 5 years in prison for every illegal that you provide aid. Establishing or maintaining sanctuaries would be a felony and providing any other help to illegals would also be felonies under this law.

Dedicate the thousands FBI agents who work on ObamaCare to locating and arresting illegals alien felons.
So...pointing out how any of the Obama EO's violated the constitution.

Your words man!!
The recent case over his appointment to the NLRB appointment by EO was struck down 9-0 as unconstitutional. That's one. There have been others. Facts, again, destroy you Lyin'AssWalt.
Poor Walt.

There is a third option, and the one that will come to pass. We go from the original Constitutional Republic to a de facto Caesarian empire. That will come to pass. From there, either the empire falls from decay within or splits apart via revolution and outside instigated/initiated war.

Roman history continues to shed more and more light on our present and our future.

The time is approaching when we must all choose whether to break out the Guillotine and start holding politicians accountable or live under the increasing tyranny of this oppressive government.
Originally Posted by poboy
I know this Mexican woman that recently spent a hell of a lot
of time, effort and yep, some money to become a legal citizen.
No telling how many jobs she has - to make a living in Leakey
Tx. obama might as well slap her face and tell her TGFed.
Amnesty is a slap in the face to all that attained citizen-
ship by legal means. Don't be counting on these Mexicans
voting Democrat.

Say what? Surely you jest.
Walt!

Recess power 9-0 against your man.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...umiliating-supreme-court-loss-for-obama/

What little I know about EO's is there are two ways to look at them.

1 - That most are unconstitutional, not just BHO's but all since at least back to Lincoln, probably further.

2 - Since EO's have never been clearly defined or challenged by SCOTUS, the other side of the coin is they're all constitutional and the power of the EO is unlimited.

Obama is not the first to do something VERY controversial through EO. But this one seems a bit dumb, even for BHO. Congress has been battling this one for over a decade, and to have one person just circumvent the entire legislative process on an issue that is so tied to the legislative process.

Get it?

Got it...

Get it?

The house has offered up plenty of bills, that would advance the countries interest. Your boy Reid refuses to put them up to a vote and your Man Obama will veto them if they pass.

Remember when the government shut down back in 2013 Walt?

Remember that the R's put forth a bill that would have kept the Government running but has a provision to push back the Ocare mandate because the system was not ready?

Do you remember that Obama came out and said he would veto any such bill?

Do you remember that he publicly called the GOP terrorists for putting such a provision in the bill?

Do you remember how he allowed the government to shut down because he said he wouldn't negotiate with Terrorists?

Do you remember the Governement shutting down and him blaming the R's?

Do you remember that shortly after a bill was passed to get the government back up and running that Obama pushed back the deadline for the mandate?

Now do you think that Obama has at any point tried to reach out to the R's and work with them to get a reasonable bill through or do you think it is always Obama's way or nothing?

Now that may give you a glimpse of why nothing has came out of the house has passed in the last 4 years, if it makes them look good Obama won't do it, if it isn't what obama wants he won't budge, if he don't get his way he throws a tantrum. He leads like a petulant child, and nothing can get done with that type of leadership.
I'd rather not start eroding posse comitatus to any degree. Institute a flat/fair tax, fire the IRS, redirect funds to BP. Problem solved.

what I'd give to hear one politician of national prominence have the balls to say and believe in

therein lies the rub, 4ager doesn't want anything to do with politics as he enjoys living his life with honor
Commissioned to sit in the Senate Rotunda to sternly remind them of their irrelevance. (H/T Jon Gabriel Ricochet.com)

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

what I'd give to hear one politician of national prominence have the balls to say and believe in

therein lies the rub, 4ager doesn't want anything to do with politics as he enjoys living his life with honor

If you're insinuating you'd want me to consider running for any political office at all, I ought to come up there to AK and b!tch slap you with your own curling iron.

If you're insinuating you'd want me to consider running for any political office at all, I ought to come up there to AK and b!tch slap you with your own curling iron.

shotgun.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

well if you'd let me shake your hand and buy you a meal afterwards, I believe it'd be worth it.

but damn man a curling iron? is it ok if it's a cold one?
I would love to enter the world of politics.

But I can't afford the lawyer fees for expunging that many records.

Maybe I should go full safariman and start a collection?

Travis
I would love to enter the world of politics.

But I can't afford the lawyer fees for expunging that many records.

Why lose your street cred?

It's your best marketing foundation.

If anyone gives you crap about your history, hit them with a bible.

-Rove WannabE
Originally Posted by RWE

shotgun.

Oh, you know this.
We passed the verge a long time before this travesty of a President came on the scene and Republicans are just as culpable as Democrats.
Read this this morning. Hard to disagree with it:

" �No, the president didn�t kill the process all by himself. Bush did it! Reagan did it!� True or not, twenty years from now, the minions of some Republican Napoleon will be screaming �Obama did it!� And they�ll have a sad story or a chilling warning that will justify why it�s ok. Because all legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States � unless the president says it�s super important. Then anything goes."

Get it?

Got it...

Get it?

The house has offered up plenty of bills, that would advance the countries interest. Your boy Reid refuses to put them up to a vote and your Man Obama will veto them if they pass.

Remember when the government shut down back in 2013 Walt?

Remember that the R's put forth a bill that would have kept the Government running but has a provision to push back the Ocare mandate because the system was not ready?

Do you remember that Obama came out and said he would veto any such bill?

Do you remember that he publicly called the GOP terrorists for putting such a provision in the bill?

Do you remember how he allowed the government to shut down because he said he wouldn't negotiate with Terrorists?

Do you remember the Governement shutting down and him blaming the R's?

Do you remember that shortly after a bill was passed to get the government back up and running that Obama pushed back the deadline for the mandate?

Now do you think that Obama has at any point tried to reach out to the R's and work with them to get a reasonable bill through or do you think it is always Obama's way or nothing?

Now that may give you a glimpse of why nothing has came out of the house has passed in the last 4 years, if it makes them look good Obama won't do it, if it isn't what obama wants he won't budge, if he don't get his way he throws a tantrum. He leads like a petulant child, and nothing can get done with that type of leadership.

What this country needs right now is a leader. Not just a leader who will work with congress to get things done collectively - bipartisanly- (exactly not how the ACA was accomplished), but a leader who will bring the American people together on common ground. All of these ideals are just exactly the opposite of what we have in Obama. He does and always has appealed only and pandered to his base. He really doesn't care about the rest. And he has no clue about what diplomacy is or how to go about it. He is so lacking in the basics of human social skills that he has no idea how he comes across just in the simple words he phrases together when speaking. He is a man of very shallow experience. His delivery skills fooled plenty of people and it was early foreshadowed in the early aftermath of his nominating speech back at the Democratic convention.
He will be remembered as the absolute worst president in our history.

Travis
Not by the ones that voted him in. To them the ass clown will never do anything wrong. He will always be the visionary that tried.
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Not by the ones that voted him in. To them the ass clown will never do anything wrong. He will always be the visionary that tried.

They can say that now. But history is going to mark him as the worst president this country has ever had.

Travis
Jimmy Carter is now in second place.
It is pretty hard to be a bigger schit head than Lincoln, but history remembers him differently because the north won the war.

They can say that now. But history is going to mark him as the worst president this country has ever had.

Travis

You and I know that, but the leftist elite asswipes that write history books will never admit it. His face will be on postage stamps, food stamps, three dollar bills, and Mt Rushmore in the near future.
It is pretty hard to be a bigger schit head than Lincoln, but history remembers him differently because the north won the war.

Lincoln did his share and more of ignoring the Constitution but for overall bade to the core I think hes takes third behind Carter and O.

You and I know that, but the leftist elite asswipes that write history books will never admit it. His face will be on postage stamps, food stamps, three dollar bills, and Mt Rushmore in the near future.

I predict the opposite.

Travis

Lincoln did his share and more of ignoring the Constitution but for overall bade to the core I think hes takes third behind Carter and O.

It can be argued that Lincoln's unlawful acts saved the country and that we as a nation could be doing not so well if we had split.

And (per always) victors write the books.

But try and contrast that with our current administration. The most monumental achievements (after winning TWO terms and having the senate majority) are O-Care, which is a total disaster and won't last. And having apples added to Happy Meals.

That's it.

Travis
[Linked Image]

But try and contrast that with our current administration. The most monumental achievements (after winning TWO terms and having the senate majority) are O-Care, which is a total disaster and won't last. And having apples added to Happy Meals.

I'm so stealing that...
APPLES [bleep]...

Travis

It can be argued that Lincoln's unlawful acts saved the country and that we as a nation could be doing not so well if we had split.

And (per always) victors write the books.

That's it.

Travis

Agreed.

It will be interesting to see what the public thinks about him ten years form now. With any luck he will be forever known at the only president still serving time.

^ That.

Winners write history books and the leftists have clearly won if we continu w/ our 2-Party system because they clearly own both.
That's spelled D-I-C-K T-U-R-D-E-R.
APPLES [bleep]...

Travis

[Linked Image]
And to what do we owe this bit of political education?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Steve
APPLES [bleep]...

Travis

[Linked Image]

That is awesome.

Travis
Jimmy Carter is now in second place.

LBJ was a lot worse than Jimmy Carter. He sent 500,000 men to Vietnam and prevented them from even trying to win that war. This war divided the country and created the idiots who support Tyrant Obama the Liar. Then there was LBJ's war on the poor which created the Ghetto Gangster class and trapped millions into permanent poverty.
© 24hourcampfire