Home
Posted By: stump270 Help with whitetail form - 11/21/14
I killed my biggest buck ever and want to do a wall pedestal which one have y'all used and what would you do with this one he is only 15 3/4 in wide but in the mid 150s maybe a little better I can't get pics to upload could some ease let me send to them to post
Posted By: 4ager Re: Help with whitetail form - 11/21/14
15.75" wide and scores in the 150s? He must have some ridiculous mass and height. Pics would be great.

Posted By: Ready Re: Help with whitetail form - 11/21/14
PM sent.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Help with whitetail form - 11/21/14
Originally Posted by stump270
I killed my biggest buck ever and want to do a wall pedestal which one have y'all used and what would you do with this one he is only 15 3/4 in wide but in the mid 150s maybe a little better I can't get pics to upload could some ease let me send to them to post

Thurty pointer?
This is last years muzzleloader buck just picked him up yesterday.... [img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: Ready Re: Help with whitetail form - 11/21/14
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Great buck.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Help with whitetail form - 11/21/14
yep.
Oh, hell YEAH that fella would be going to the taxidermist. I even know exactly which one that would get the work, too.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Help with whitetail form - 11/21/14
Width is a measurement of AIR...that being said...

McKenzie Wall pedestal, direction of your choice.

If I was thinking it would be my best ever buck I"d have it done full pedestal on a free standing base though...
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Help with whitetail form - 11/21/14
Sure looks like more than a 16" spread to me. Is it just the pics?
Whereabouts did he call home?
Posted By: stump270 Re: Help with whitetail form - 11/21/14
We grow good bucks for georgia man I haven't scored him exactly one of the guys said I could count the little points on the end so I'm calling him mid 150 so I don't over talk him up I bet he nets within a inch or 2 of gross
http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRec...gRecords&type=Typical+Whitetail+Deer

Your best bet it so score that one as a typical and adjust for deductions.
Yes but I feel that nets are for fishing gross is the antler grown on his head I was just saying that he was almost perfect in each side
I wouldn't care what he scored, personally.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Help with whitetail form - 11/21/14
Gross is what he grew... again IMHO... and why we add in an AIR measurement is beyond me mostly...

The hell with numbers though...I shot something once, that got into a book... I was not impressed at all as to how I slipped down the ladder at times, simply due to money,not to hunters...

I"ll never denigrate anything I kill ever again by a "book".

But its fun to have a general idea of how big someones deer is if you can't see a picture. Inches is about hte only way.

BUt I'd prefer the picture. Just like I shoot my bucks, not because of inches, but due to other things, one of which is do I like it or not...
Originally Posted by 4ager
I wouldn't care what he scored, personally.

I have one bigger than that on my wall. I have never cared to score the rack.......
Score matters to us because we really try to manage it hard so we like to know what the most inches we have grown
Score matters to us because we really try to manage it hard so we like to know what the most inches we have grown

Way too many want it to be a competition, and tend to forget what hunting is/should be about. I have nothing against a big buck or those that strive to shoot them, but please don't lose sight of the big picture. miles
Does anyone have pics of wall pedestals??
Posted By: stump270 Re: Help with whitetail form - 11/22/14
I think I'm going with the 8900
Posted By: stump270 Re: Help with whitetail form - 11/23/14
Does anyone have pictures of the mount??
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Help with whitetail form - 11/23/14
Look the at Joe Coombs wall pedestal
[Linked Image]

Joe Coombs bottom left
[Linked Image]

Use the articulating wall mount arm. Also by Joe Coombs
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My wall at the office!

Mike