Home
Hunting with a suppressor is IMMEDIATELY legal in Florida. Thanks Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. shocked laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJefPaBsSug
Florida becomes 33rd State to Legalize Hunting with Suppressors
November 21, 2014
Posted In: ATF / BATFE , Florida - Gun Trust Lawyer , Silencers / Suppressors
By David M. Goldman on November 21, 2014 9:15 AM | Permalink
Unlike most states which have changed the laws, In Florida you can hunt with Suppressors starting today.
This morning the following announcement was sent out by Marion Hammer the Executive Director of the SSF and past president of the NRA
DATE: November 21, 2014
TO: USF & NRA Member and Friends
USF Executive Director
NRA Past President
At their meeting in Key Largo, Florida, today, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission voted to remove the ban on using silencers/suppressors on pistols and rifles for hunting deer, gray squirrels, rabbits, wild turkeys, quail and crows.
Using silencers/suppressors on pistols, rifles and shotguns for all other legal hunting was already allowed.
Following the suppressor vote, the Commission also voted to authorize an Executive Order to lift the ban immediately and allow hunting with suppressors to being at once.
Following that vote, Executive Order # EO 14-32 was signed. Using suppressor-equipped rifles, pistols and shotguns is now legal for all hunting in Florida.

I would expect a huge increase in Suppressor sales like we have seen in other states after permitting hunting wihit suppressors
Now Florida needs to nullify ATF regulation of Florida manufactured suppressors purchased within the state, i.e., so we don't need to register them with the ATF and pay their illegal tax.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Now Florida needs to nullify ATF regulation of Florida manufactured suppressors purchased within the state, i.e., so we don't need to register them with the ATF and pay their illegal tax.

Every state needs to do this, not just Florida.

Great news Sam.
I am in the Democratic Peoples Republic of Kalifornia. We are not allowed to even dream about such "evil and twisted" things here.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Great news Sam.

Never going to happen.
AMEN
Good news but I cannot see that I would ever need or use a suppressor.
Excellent.
Originally Posted by EdM

Wish I'd always used one - might be able to hear.
Hearing aids are just that - aids. They are NOT cures.
good news for sure
Originally Posted by EdM

Do you "need or use" hearing protection, because that's all they are?
what is really satisfying, is hearing liberal heads explode all over the liberal media here. smile
Originally Posted by EdM
Protects your ears while hunting. When calling coyotes or other animals you can kill one without disturbing the others.
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by EdM
Protects your ears while hunting. When calling coyotes or other animals you can kill one without disturbing the others.

Not only the hunting aspect, but shooting in general.

Ever restricting suppressors was pure ignorance and stupidity with legislation. Too many legislators were watching the old James Bond movies, and didn't have a clue about the real world.
I will applaud the decision as a step in the right direction for the 2nd Amendment, but would someone explain to me why a suppressor is necessary for hunting?
Allows you to hunt without hearing protection. Reduces recoil for sensitive shooters, Won't disturb your neighbors, some states that allow night time hunting for varmints. It's not everyone's cup of tea but it is nice to have the option.
Originally Posted by 308ragincajun
I will applaud the decision as a step in the right direction for the 2nd Amendment, but would someone explain to me why a suppressor is necessary for hunting?

Around here? It could be useful for some areas where deer need thinned and the public opinion is not in favor of hunting.

Not strictly necessary as we've gotten by without them thus far, but I'd use them on prairie dogs if legal, I can see the use of them for coyotes. Probably be useful for hogs as well, all while drastically reducing the noise pollution we make while hunting.
You have hunting in Florida? wink
Originally Posted by EdM

You must never have served in a combat zone on the sharp end of the stick 'cause tinnitus sucks.

Again, you obviously never served on the sharp end of the stick, because tinnitus is, to you, a word in the dictionary.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
You have hunting in Florida? wink
No, just saying where I'd use them if legal. As a Minnesota resident,I can't even own one, so as long as I live here, it doesn't really matter what other states allow.
Glad to hear of Florida's display of common sense. I don't have much hearing left, and I'd to keep what I have.
Originally Posted by EdM

If you might like 40% less recoil and 70% less muzzle blast, you'd like using a suppressor. Your hunting buddies will appreciate it too.

In a free country, "necessity" is not a prerequisite to exercise a right.

It would be a boon to fire hunters and poachers, especially in wooded country.
geez, that's lame eyeball. Like illegal hunters have NOT been using silencers all along? Find another reason to dislike honest Citizens using these.
Originally Posted by eyeball

It would be a boon to fire hunters and poachers, especially in wooded country.

Sounds like if we ban guns crime will go away to me
and we should cut mag caps that will straighten things out

Hank

Sorry, Mann,I have never heard of a poacher being caught in Texas with a silencer except for one. I thought there were really severe penalties for doing so, whether a person with one was poaching or not.
There will be a lot more second and third shots at sounders of hogs. Tinnitus will be less common as well. Good on y'all Florida.

There's been no issues in Texas after the law was passed here.
Originally Posted by stevelyn

In a free country, "necessity" is not a prerequisite to exercise a right.

+1 for Freedom

Suppressors should be taken of the NFA list and be sold over the counter at your local gun shop, as they are in other countries. We have too many laws based on ignorance by oppressors determining what we "need".
I am glad Florida passed the law.
I will never own one and besides ear plugs are really inexpensive, and no paperwork---
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by EdM

Not only the hunting aspect, but shooting in general.

Ever restricting suppressors was pure ignorance and stupidity with legislation. Too many legislators were watching the old James Bond movies, and didn't have a clue about the real world.

There were no James Bond movies when suppressors were first restricted. The NRA stumped for NFA 34 so it was and is a good law that we all support with our dues and our voting.
Originally Posted by T LEE
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Great news Sam.

Never going to happen.
AMEN

Yep, I am with eh76 never going to happen and like TLEE I am praying it never will also.
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by EdM

You must never have served in a combat zone on the sharp end of the stick 'cause tinnitus sucks.

Exactly! I listen to that friggin' noise 24 hours a day and will until the day I kick the bucket.

You really don't appreciate silence until it's gone.
© 24hourcampfire