Home
Posted By: MColeman Arkansas ain't - 11/22/14
showing Ole Miss any respect at all!
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Arkansas ain't - 11/22/14
That's gonna play hell with Ole Miss' rankings. That's a pretty genuine ass-whoopin'.

MM
Posted By: TXRam Re: Arkansas ain't - 11/23/14
Woo Pig Sooie!!!!!!! Razorbacks!!!!!!!
Posted By: powdr Re: Arkansas ain't - 11/23/14
Yeah there was an ass whoopin in Arkansas today and Ole Miss furnished aaallll the ass. powdr
Posted By: byc Re: Arkansas ain't - 11/23/14
Hogs are darned good and back in big fashion!

Next year could very well be owned by ARK.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Arkansas ain't - 11/23/14
I thought they were one of the best zero win in the SEC teams. If you've watched them play all year they have some ability, just need to get it all working together.

Which they appear to have done
Posted By: TXRam Re: Arkansas ain't - 11/23/14
That and we just didn't have the confidence/swagger earlier in the season to finish off games. Think they got the hang of it now!
Posted By: byc Re: Arkansas ain't - 11/23/14
yup...they really impressed me in the A&M game, which is about the time I started paying attention to their talent.
Posted By: SmokeEater2 Re: Arkansas ain't - 11/23/14
It's really good to see the hogs on a roll this year.

Now, If the Army Black Knights will just beat Navy before I kick the bucket....
Posted By: Jglenn Re: Arkansas ain't - 11/23/14
we're just hoping the Razorbacks kick MO. butt next week
Posted By: schoolmarm Re: Arkansas ain't - 11/23/14
Watching my Miss State Bulldogs, hoping for the best..
Posted By: agazain Re: Arkansas ain't - 11/23/14
We know what happens when your "one guy" is out. Ours went to Cleveland, but depending on a team as a whole is actually football.

Gig 'em anyhow!
Posted By: natman Re: Arkansas ain't - 11/23/14
Here's a post I made two weeks ago in another forum:

I've got to give some sympathy to Arkansas. Pretty decent team, they'd be doing well in just about any other conference. Unfortunately for them, they are in the grinder that is the SEC West. They played the #1 team in the country, Mississippi State, within a touchdown and Alabama within a point.

As it is they've lost 17 straight conference games and will be lucky to qualify for a bowl. As it stands now they have 4 wins and will have to win 2 of their remaining three games to qualify. They're against LSU, Ole Miss and Missouri.

Best of luck.

Since I posted the above, Arkansas stepped up big time to not only beat, but shut out both LSU and Ole Miss. That's impressive.

Best of luck in their bowl game. I hope they have a good time, they've earned it.

Thanks to Arkansas's strong finish, all 7 teams in the SEC West will be bowl eligible. What a division!
Posted By: powdr Re: Arkansas ain't - 11/23/14
Arkansas is for real and they ain't going away. Lots of youth and their upcoming recruiting class is suppose to be something special. They play defense the way it's suppose to be played and w/the largest line in football...and that includes the NFL...they can run it a little too. They're here to stay so add another contender to the mix. powdr
Posted By: magshooter1 Re: Arkansas ain't - 11/24/14
Yep the Hogs will be good next year. Don't expect great things from MSU next year. They lose 18 seniors this year. They will probably lose a junior or two to the draft too. Be very surprised if Prescott stays for another year. Hope Mullen stays. He has got the program headed in the right direction.
Posted By: hatari Re: Arkansas ain't - 11/24/14
Bret Bielema might look like Butthead's dad, but he came to the SEC with a plan and he is working it. His plan is to to be big and dominant on both lines and shove the ball down your throat. So far, he's building just that.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Arkansas ain't - 11/24/14
I was skeptical, I have to admit. And I still am to some degree. He showed some notable deficiencies in clock management and game decisions at Wisconsin and some of those close loses at Arkansas were plagued with stupid decisions on and off the field. That said, I think his bacon has been saved by his defensive coordinator hire of Robb Smith. That guy took one of the worst defenses around and turned it into one of the best in the SEC and the country. The improvement on the back of that defense has been unlike anything I've ever seen. It has turned into a dominant unit over the course of one season.

If you can play defense like that, it doesn't matter what kind of offense you run. Robb Smith deserves a million dollars a year or more if that is what it takes to keep him at Arkansas until he gets his shot as a head coach.

All that said, I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a change at the OC at the end of the year. Chaney and Bielema have at times, seemed to not fit together that well and Chaney needs only a few more years in the NFL for a pension. I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump out there and get an NFL position coach job just to get that pension out of the way.
© 24hourcampfire