Home
Posted By: MColeman I want to wish all of you - 11/25/14
a Happy Thanksgiving. I have much to be thankful for and I'm sure you all can find a few things as well. For one I don't live in a strife torn neighborhood where I have to face the dilemma that so many have to face these days.

Scripture tells us that when we see these things to lift our heads because our Redemption draws nigh. Hallelujah!
Posted By: eh76 Re: I want to wish all of you - 11/25/14
And to you also Mickey! I get to see my Grandson this weekend!
Posted By: byc Re: I want to wish all of you - 11/25/14
Same to you sir. I'm in Charleston, SC with all the family.

If I was a duck it would be a good day to be thankful. 4 more inches tonight. The town is going to float off into the Atlantic.
Thanks for the well wishes...

I won't truly be thankful till I'm done frying the turkey and still remain free of 3rd degree burns...
Same to you, Mick. Indeed a lot for which to be thankful. We go around the table at Thanksgiving listing 1 or 2 things each feels strongly thankful for.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: I want to wish all of you - 11/25/14

Happy Bird Day to all

grin
Posted By: MColeman Re: I want to wish all of you - 11/25/14
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Happy Bird Day to all

grin

I knew somebody would give us a bird before this was through. smile Just kidding with you.
Posted By: MColeman Re: I want to wish all of you - 11/25/14
Originally Posted by ironbender
Same to you, Mick. Indeed a lot for which to be thankful. We go around the table at Thanksgiving listing 1 or 2 things each feels strongly thankful for.

Every time I see you post I think back to when a good friend of mine, a gunny sgt. in the Corps, and I were planning on homesteading on the Kenai Peninsula back in the late 50's. Alas, I got shipped to Iceland and lost track of him. Finally got back in touch with him many years later. He was driving a truck, on his 3rd or 4th marriage. He died of lung cancer a year or so after we hooked back up.

Back then the government would give you 160 acres but you had criteria to meet to keep the land. I was young, tougher and stupider back then. smile
Posted By: 12344mag Re: I want to wish all of you - 11/25/14
Thank you Sir, and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the members here as well.
Thanks Mickey, and hope your family has the same!
Happy Thanksgiving to you Mr Coleman, hope it's a great one!

Posted By: T LEE Re: I want to wish all of you - 11/25/14
And to you and yours as well Mickey and to all my other fellow denizens of the 'Fire also, Kath and I have many blessing to be thankful for all year long and I am double blessed by many friends here.
Heck Mickey, you and a few of the other "esteemed" (read old pharts) are one of the many things I'm thankful for.
A Happy Thanksgiving from over here. Gonna enjoy Wild Turkey(the feathered model), deer loin and all the trimmings. Got much to be thankful for..
Thanks Mickey. I got some bad news today but this thread cheered me up and reminded me to be thankful for what I have in friends and family. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: I want to wish all of you - 11/25/14
Happy thanksgiving Mickey. It's always a great pleasure to read your posts.

Stay well.
Thanks Mickey, it's a great idea for a positive thread.

I'm grateful for my family most of all. My Wife, the kids, and my grand daughter.
I'm thankful that my wonderful Mom is still going strong. 98 and hearty.
Thankful for my great neighbors, and all my friends and family that mean so much.
Thankful I'm an American. laugh
Happy Thanksgiving to all 24CF members and your family. I have much to be thankful for including family, friends and a great country. Blessings to all and be safe.
And to you Mr. Coleman.
Happy thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to you Mickey!

[Linked Image]

Posted By: MColeman Re: I want to wish all of you - 11/26/14
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Heck Mickey, you and a few of the other "esteemed" (read old pharts) are one of the many things I'm thankful for.
That's mighty nice of you to say that. I do appreciate it and all you good guys.
Posted By: MColeman Re: I want to wish all of you - 11/26/14
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Happy Thanksgiving to you Mickey!

[Linked Image]

Dan, I can't see a dog and not want to pet it and love on it. smile
Originally Posted by MColeman
a Happy Thanksgiving. I have much to be thankful for and I'm sure you all can find a few things as well. For one I don't live in a strife torn neighborhood where I have to face the dilemma that so many have to face these days.

Scripture tells us that when we see these things to lift our heads because our Redemption draws nigh. Hallelujah!

Thanks! and the same for yourself.

For me turkey day was today since I'll be back at work Thursday.

Mom cooked all day ( just to do it again Thursday) so I could have home cooked Thanksgiving dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving Mickey
Originally Posted by ironbender

Every time I see you post I think back to when a good friend of mine, a gunny sgt. in the Corps, and I were planning on homesteading on the Kenai Peninsula back in the late 50's. Alas, I got shipped to Iceland and lost track of him. Finally got back in touch with him many years later. He was driving a truck, on his 3rd or 4th marriage. He died of lung cancer a year or so after we hooked back up.

Back then the government would give you 160 acres but you had criteria to meet to keep the land. I was young, tougher and stupider back then. smile

You can be thankful that we're not neighbors then! smile
Posted By: Seafire Re: I want to wish all of you - 11/26/14

Same to you and yours Mickey!

and to the rest of the campfire and their families...

Be safe, be happy and enjoy the good things, despite what news might be on the boob tube..
Posted By: EdM Re: I want to wish all of you - 11/26/14
Dear wife emailed and all three sons are safe with her for the holiday. She is a happy lady.
Posted By: GeoW Re: I want to wish all of you - 11/26/14
Hallelujah! Mickey, Hallelujah!

Happy Thanks Giving to you too!

George
© 24hourcampfire