Home
Shot a doe this afternoon and when I cycled the bolt, it would not close on the next round. Would go up and start down and stick? The final round would load OK. Duplicated the problem by firing another round. Any ideas on what might be wrong. Using factory rounds, 100 gr spire points. Thanks
The OAL of the loaded rounds that wouldn't chamber might be just a hair too long.
Sounds like ammo out of spec to me as well. Be curious to hear OAL on rds that won't chamber -vs- those that will
Would suspect that but these are the last 5 out of a factory box and all the others have worked fine???? If I can find my tool (moved 7 times in 9 years) I might just measure. Also have a few new boxes I can try as well. Thanks for the input
Seems like that cartridge head spaces on a belt, so as folks here said - too much OAL (bullet seated out too far) or case neck length over spec. Seems not likely that the problem would be a shoulder issue, but not an expert.
Turns out it was one cartridge that the shoulder was bumping on. The rest cycled fine. Just one of those things but never had the problem with factory ammmo before. Thanks for the input guys!
© 24hourcampfire