Home
Posted By: elkhunternm To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving! smile
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
You and Judy too!

Thanks!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
The same to you, and we need to count our blessings.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
To you as well
Posted By: mark shubert Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Back atcha!
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
We DO have a lot to be thankful for.

All the best to you and yours, Ken !

greg
Posted By: mudhen Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Hope that you and your family, along with all of my Campfire friends, have a wonderful day with family and friends to celebrate life, love and happiness!
Posted By: krp Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Hope you, Judy and the kids have a great day.

Kent
Posted By: lastround Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Same to you and yours.
Posted By: eyeball Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Happy Thanksgiving to all the conservatives on the Fire, including the nit pickers.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
The same to you and to all the Campfire members! Special thanks to Rick Bin!
Posted By: Mathsr Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
We all have so much to be thankful for. So many have done so much to make life better in this great country, it makes the events of the last few months and especially the last few days, pale into insignificance. I hope we never take their contributions for granted and I hope that we never give any credibility to those selfish individuals that would destroy or weaken this country in any way.

Thanks too for the campfire and the input of all those who contribute. The stress relief of a few minutes reading the campfire is almost as good as time spent at the range. grin
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Ken,
Wishing you and the family a great Thanksgiving as well!

And the same to all here on the Campfire!

Be safe and good hunting!

Bob
Posted By: milespatton Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Thanks Ken, and the best to You and Yours. That is extended to all the fine folks at the campfire. miles
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Best to you Ken, don't belch in public.
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Happy Thanksgiving to all and most especially "the greatest generation!" Blessings!
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Happy Thanksgiving from N.C.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Posted By: Scott F Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Back at you my friend.
Posted By: Seafire Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
same to you and Judy there Ken.. and let's not forget the kids..

all the best!
Posted By: 1minute Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
The same to all that pass through here. Treasure family, friends, and life itself. Life could not be any better.
Posted By: eyeball Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
I'm hoping you have a happy Thanksgiving Doc Howell.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving! smile

Thank you, you do the same.
Posted By: safariman Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Originally Posted by 1minute
The same to all that pass through here. Treasure family, friends, and life itself. Life could not be any better.

Spot on! Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Posted By: bcolorado Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
We have been blessed with many fine friendships at the 'fire.

Here's to a good Thanksgiving to all the 'fire folks and their families.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Originally Posted by eyeball
I'm hoping you have a happy Thanksgiving Doc Howell.

Thanks, Compa�ero! Right back atcha!

I'm just sitting here giving fervent thanks that I don't have to go anywhere. This is NOT a day for gathered families to have their celebrations polluted by the presence of a useless old goat.

Gave Butterball turkey breasts to families whom I'd given turkeys in better times.

Just finished-off a dee-lishus sweet-potato pie with whipped topping and will get a turkey dinner or two later today. If I could swallow these treats and not just mouth 'em, I'd really be a butterball again.

And the quiet here is like a song of joy!

�Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.� � W T Purkiser
Posted By: Owl Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
�Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.� � W T Purkiser

Amen Ken !
Posted By: nifty-two-fifty Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Thinking of you today, Dr. Howell. Your positive attitude is inspiring. I am glad you are finding some enjoyment in the day. Your generosity with the turkey breasts is also a tribute to your spirit. God Bless You, today and always.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Happy Thanksgiving, indeed!
Posted By: MagMarc Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Happy Thanksgiving all
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Stuffed my gut with turkey,dressing,cranberry sauce,mashed potatoes,took a nap and then loaded some shells.

Tomorrow gonna go call coyotes.
Posted By: eh76 Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Yes Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/27/14
Happy Thanksgiving to all, enjoy the nap afterwards!!!
Posted By: Anjin Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/28/14
Originally Posted by Akbob5
The same to you and to all the Campfire members! Special thanks to Rick Bin!

Worth repeating! The Campfire is a great site and I learn a lot from it.

Folks, we can get frozen turkeys here in Japan now via Costco, so I roasted a 17.8 pounder in the Weber grill.

You should see the remains today. We only have a family of four, with one boy of 16 and my daughter only 6 years old, but it is mostly gone. We plan to use the rest for soup.

My Japanese neighbors do not celebrate Thanksgiving, but it was an uncanny coincidence how many kids from the neighborhood just happened to stop by. laugh I guess they are learning about American traditions.
Posted By: RickyD Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/28/14
Thanks. Same to all the rest of you.
Posted By: CCCC Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/28/14
Thanks Ken - hope it's been a great day for you, Judy, Frank and Brenna.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/28/14
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
Thinking of you today, Dr. Howell. Your positive attitude is inspiring. I am glad you are finding some enjoyment in the day. Your generosity with the turkey breasts is also a tribute to your spirit. God Bless You, today and always.

Thanks, Compa�ero! The joy is in itself a great reward.

Sadly, for a fistful of reasons, there won't be as many families getting even turkey breasts for Christmas from me this year. frown

Had to stop giving-out other Christmas goodies altogether. First fewer, then fewer still, finally none at all. frown

We live in shabby times, don't we! frown
Posted By: nifty-two-fifty Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/28/14
It seems that the world consists of either givers or takers. Some of the takers may seem to live better, but I can guarantee that the givers sleep better.

Ken, you have lived a generous life. You continue that generosity on this forum by sharing your wisdom and experience. Your contributions are appreciated by many.

Do not for a minute be troubled by the fact that you are no longer able to give many material gifts. You have a generous heart, and that is what truly counts.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/29/14
May I add - Dr Howell freely gives of his knowledge, and friendship!
Worth more to me than anything material.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/29/14
Good news!

My bank balance isn't overdrawn or as wobbly as I feared. Still have $90.96 and will get the usual $833 on the 3rd. So there'll still be some turkey breasts out there for Christmas after I take care of the usual bills.

(Will have to prune the list, however.)

Merry Christmas, everybody!

edited to add �

Treat some hungry family to a Butterball Christmas. You'll be surprised at how much that'll add to your Christmas! laugh
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/29/14
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Treat some hungry family to a Butterball Christmas. You'll be surprised at how much that'll add to your Christmas! laugh

Excellent, Ken!

I did much of the same thing for years, using the proceeds from a competition/turkey shoot.

Even though the completion was pretty stiff and had some excellent shooters, I pretty much won every round I entered. (I chose not to enter all the rounds because it wouldn't be nice to win them all...)

The win was a choice of a turkey or ham. They gave you a certificate for your choice, thus making delivery much easier.

Every year a family in need would receive a turkey or ham until I ran out. Kept one of each, and usually give out between 12 and 14.

Lotsa folks appreciate being thought of around the holidays. I always walked away with more than I gave, though. smile
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: To the Campfire.. - 11/29/14
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
� Even though the competition was pretty stiff and had some excellent shooters, I pretty much won every round I entered. �

I've never been good at competitive shooting. Regularly scored right up there with the champs in practice (even outshot 'em some times) but didn't have the dog-biting will to win that makes champs champs.
© 24hourcampfire