Home
Posted By: whambasted investor wanted - 11/29/14
i am going to come right out and not beat around the bush.
i am a sporting goods manufacturer out of northern wyoming.
my company is wyominglostandfound and i have existing products but the new ideas are constantly hitting me between the ears.
i am an idea guy. a one man think tank. i am giving the opportunity to an investor of a serious nature and also an adventurous spirit. i need capital. these ideas are going to fly, but they will take to the air alot quicker with the money.
please p.m. me or call at 307-373-2062. ask for brian. much obliged
Posted By: antlers Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
April 1st is still 4 months away.
Posted By: whambasted Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
what's your point?
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
http://www.jumpstartinc.org/

Posted By: fish head Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
I want to get in.

Where do I send the $$$?

Do you accept personal postdated checks?
Thank you Ruffcutt. i bookmarked that site and will look into it!
Posted By: eh76 Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
Brian just ignore the peanut gallery.

Any of you hecklers actually look at his website? A small businessman trying to get off the ground. wink

wyominglostandfound.com
i have been a member here for a long time. gave up the booze and i am determined to become a contender if not leader in this cutthroat industry. i have thick skin and a fairly sharp wit. and grit.
Posted By: MissouriEd Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
Yep, a man and his money are soon parted.
How much you need?
discussing my ideas before decision would be a good idea for the venturer i am willing to talk but only to a serious outdoors person who can understand some of my concepts. i have protos and a lot of drawings and models. and still some ideas brewing in my brain that i am seriously excited about
Posted By: Calvin Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
Why don't you post a detailed business plan here?
Have you been to SBA?
amount of the capital is up to the man with the money . we can talk about a healthy return and even percentage of the company. i have been at this for 10 yrs. all out of my pocket. i have 6 machines and a great shop with a cutting table. my stoves are contracted with a friend of mine who is an excellent sheet metal guy. just the boiler idea is a gold mine if i could get the production costs down
Posted By: smalljawbasser Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
The crab theory at work.

Jump start is a very valid model these days. I would seriously look into it if I were you. It allows people who don't have thousands of dollars to
Invest in your idea if they think it has merit. You are basically selling shares of your idea.
i have talked to SBA in wyoming.... i have never written a formal plan and i don't really know how to do that. i am the builder and trainer. the nuts and bolts of the operation. i am asking for a good partner i guess who wants to make a killing at this. my existing products speak for themselves.
Posted By: Elkliver Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
What kind of/how large of an investment are you looking for?
Originally Posted by Elkliver
What kind of/how large of an investment are you looking for?

i think a serious conversation would be good before attempting to make an amount decision.
from the website and from what i have told about my resources, can someone give me a ballpark valuation of this small business? it is free and clear of debt. no banks involved ever. all the funding came out of my pocket and i started with 1000 bucks in 2006.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
I looked at the website. Looks like pretty good gear to me.

Loved the boiler idea.

I might have to stop in and meet up with Brian next time I'm in Cody.
Originally Posted by Tarkio
I looked at the website. Looks like pretty good gear to me.

Loved the boiler idea.

I might have to stop in and meet up with Brian next time I'm in Cody.

Thanks! it is great gear and i make every tent myself with a lot of attention to the details. i have 99% satisfation from the ones i have sold so far.... in 8 yrs. around 500 tents
Posted By: Kenneth Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
I'm in,,,,

I have no idea what you're talking about, you generally don't either,

I'm not sure what you're marketing, have no idea how much you need,

You're posting on the campfire forum, which can often have the maturity level one step above Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

I see no problems here whatsoever,,,,,,I'm in.

No collateral required.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
Originally Posted by Calvin
Why don't you post a detailed business plan here?

If you are looking to raise money, here are the two of the questions you need to be ready to answer.

1. What kind of Financing are you seeking, debt, or equity?

2. How much are you looking for?

3. How do you plan to use it?

In addition, you just solicited an investment across state lines. These activities are regulated under the Securities and Exchange Acts of 1933, and 1934. Have you discussed this with your lawyer so that you know you are staying legal?
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
Originally Posted by whambasted
i have been a member here for a long time. gave up the booze and i am determined to become a contender if not leader in this cutthroat industry. i have thick skin and a fairly sharp wit. and grit.

How long have you been clean?

the plan is to get 2 of the new protos (10-20 units each) made all identical to show that i can reproduce these with consistency and take them to some major retailers and talk shop..... all by the end of this year.

it will take seed money. base the amount off the valuation of the company. say 30-40% of the worth....?
honestly, my last drink was in august 2014.

this is a demo vid of 2 tents, stove and boiler all setup rather quickly

Posted By: Hammerdown Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14

Congratulations on being sober.

Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Congratulations on being sober.

Thanks Hammerdown! it has never done me any good to be drunk.
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14

Stay clean and sober for 2 years and then ask somebody to trust you with money.
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
Do you have a patent for the boiler, or any of the other products? It looks like a $150.00 stainless coffee can. I don't see how you can protect this as intellectual property. That would be the first thing I'd want to know before discussing money or production.
no patents. i don't believe in them really. it is a stainless can but with some manufactured mods including tig welding. anyone can imitate but i will always be the first as the photo on the site shows.... these are my designs and there are plenty more where those came from.
Are you even incorporated?
working on LLC this week
never had the desire to get much bigger until i quit drinking.... i'm done with that evil [bleep]. i am a LCMS and take communion and that's it.
Posted By: Calvin Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
I'm just picturing whamblasted on Shark Tank....(grin)

i would offer 20% for 500,000 to those buttholes
working on LLC this week

Ok, while you are doing that, you also need to talk with your lawyer about trademarks to start protecting your product names.

In addition, patents lead to additional revenue strategies such as licensing etc.

Do you have a business plan?

Do you have any experience with them?
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
working on LLC this week

Ok, while you are doing that, you also need to talk with your lawyer about trademarks to start protecting your product names.

In addition, patents lead to additional revenue strategies such as licensing etc.

no business plan experience. heck, i'm a highschool dropout who loves to hunt and fish and build my own stuff....

i would offer 20% for 500,000 to those buttholes

You would need to bring something pretty significant to the table is you intended to support a $2.5mm market price. With no intellectual properties and less then 4k page views per month, you have some work to do.
working on LLC this week

no business plan experience. heck, i'm a highschool dropout who loves to hunt and fish and build my own stuff....

Then time to send you son, or daughter to Business School!!!
working on LLC this week

Then time to send you son to Business School!!!

i'm listening! going to the law office next week man!
i am a pretty quick study
This will get you started.

http://www.amazon.com/Business-Plan...&keywords=business+plans+for+dummies

http://www.amazon.com/Patents-Copyr...;sr=1-1&keywords=patents+for+dummies

those are good resources.....
Posted By: EdM Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
working on LLC this week

It is clear to me that he is looking for someone with the business sense as well as a bit of cash. He has the design brains. Am I missing something?

To the OP, allow me to get to spring 2015 and I may be interested.
Posted By: 4ager Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
I think I'd start by PM'ing Rick Bin and making sure he's kosher with you soliciting support on his site, and asking his advice (he's been pretty successful, I think, as an SBO).
i completely agree, just figured he would be in touch with me if he had an issue with me doing this. i am willing to work with anybody serious and even pay for a good ad.... i just don't know how to go about certain things.

this sums it up......
It is clear to me that he is looking for someone with the business sense as well as a bit of cash. He has the design brains. Am I missing something?

i have proven over 8 yrs. that my stuff can compete well and i have been doing it with almost nothing.

i need someone trustworthy that is willing to trust me.
have any of you ever went to get financial help? an investor for your businesses? it is degrading but at least i have more to bring to the table than just a plan on paper. this is a very real and functional business that will bring brand new and unique products to the market. everyone deserves a chance right?
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
How much would you sell everything for right now? Current inventory, equipment, raw materials on hand, company name, client list and prototypes / plans for new projects? Free and clear, you walk away from it and sign an agreement to not get back into the same business?
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
Originally Posted by antlers

Pay no attention to the perennial jerk.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14
i have talked to SBA in wyoming.... i have never written a formal plan and i don't really know how to do that. i am the builder and trainer. the nuts and bolts of the operation. i am asking for a good partner i guess who wants to make a killing at this. my existing products speak for themselves.

You aren't serious about this if you don't have a business plan. People can make all the claims about how much money their going to make and their great ideas, but it's just hot air if they don't have a plan that shows how it could be real.
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
How much would you sell everything for right now? Current inventory, equipment, raw materials on hand, company name, client list and prototypes / plans for new projects? Free and clear, you walk away from it and sign an agreement to not get back into the same business?

are you serious?
are you wanting to make an offer?
if so then i'm listening
Originally Posted by ConradCA

You aren't serious about this if you don't have a business plan. People can make all the claims about how much money their going to make and their great ideas, but it's just hot air if they don't have a plan that shows how it could be real.

i am making a plan asap.....
i started with a grand and turned it into a 20,000 a year business... enough to have a modest but comfortable existence... unfortunately , the booze really shot me down a few times. not anymore.
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: investor wanted - 11/29/14

are you serious?
are you wanting to make an offer?
if so then i'm listening

No I don't. Just curious.
Posted By: whambasted Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
well... i made a promise to myself to never become a sellout
Posted By: ro1459 Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
This seems like a joke to me. Are you serious? If so, you will need a business plan, LLC and legal documents in place before anyone and especially an M/A guy is going to talk with you. Additionally, as someone else has already said to you; the SEC may not be happy with you for your method of soliciting funds for an interstate business. BTW...w/o a patent no money guy is going to even consider this discussion anything but a joke. You have nothing to sell. I'm sorry for being so blunt, but money is something people get real serious about. Good luck to you though.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
Why not figure out how to do a "Campfire crowd-funding initiative"? If a few of us got involved, we would be able to put up some venture capital. However, we would need a good business plan, etc. I'm sure someone on here has the expertise to contribute in that area, along with legal expertise, etc.
there are always going to be detractors, cynics, and negative people. i have figured out that at least.... my products speak for themselves. they are my designs and i will leave it at that. the business plan is in the works.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
there are always going to be detractors, cynics, and negative people. i have figured out that at least.... my products speak for themselves. they are my designs and i will leave it at that. the business plan is in the works.
That's the whole thing. They AREN'T yours if you have nothing trademarked/patented/copyrighted.
Posted By: rattler Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
your asking people to invest in your word when you have done no real leg work when it comes to something thats investable in....anyone thats run a business in any fashion is gonna take one look at your responses and your attitude to things like patents and really not going to give you serious consideration.....

the economy is in the chitter for the vast majority of people and most dont have money to throw around at pipe dreams with no solid plan behind it, just the way it is...

Posted By: tjm10025 Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14

Dude:

Yesterday, somebody advised you to change the info in your profile. Did you miss that one?

Posted By: wageslave Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
$20,000 gross a year is a hobby........
But you want to value it at $2.5 mil.......(20% for $500k)
No patent, no plan, no business experience.....
This is why some are wondering if this is a joke.
You need to find companies or individuals who want to buy your ideas,
then keep pumping out your ideas......

I wish you good luck and hope you make a lot of money.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
I'm guessing you're not a scam artist because frankly a scam artist would put forth a better effort/presentation. So far there's teepees, a steam pot, and an endorsement from a dumbaz; and you're selling these together with future ideas.You need to stop while you're ahead.

Originally Posted by eh76

Any of you hecklers actually look at his website? A small businessman trying to get off the ground. wink

wyominglostandfound.com
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
I'm guessing you're not a scam artist because frankly a scam artist would put forth a better effort/presentation. So far there's teepees, a steam pot, and an endorsement from a dumbaz; and you're selling these together with future ideas.You need to stop while you're ahead.

Originally Posted by eh76

wyominglostandfound.com

done, you will see this brand on store shelves come spring
Posted By: MissouriEd Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
Op needs to write business plan, visit govt sites and get business certified with SBA and other state and govt entities. You will need to prove cash flow, profit margins, and all financial information. Business will need to show business and profit projections, including contracts with suppliers and buyers. Try selling to the govt via GSA contract. They will buy anything.
Posted By: antlers Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Originally Posted by antlers

Pay no attention to the perennial jerk.

Still smartin' from your spankin' I see.

laffin'
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
Looks like a fantastic idea. Looks to me like this would be the ticket for high country hikers and hunters.. Looks like you just need to advertise. A well advertised product no mater how good will sell.
Posted By: jimy Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
It is kind of funny how many are so quick to point out your short comings, mostly from those to scared to try.

Keep your chin up and your debt low, you will do fine.
You're right about the patents, the Chinese don't honor them, and few are worth the money it takes to defend them, unless you
come up with a cheap anti gravity belt, don't waste your time or some one else's money.

You have some great ideas, but you need to build jigs, fixtures and simple robotic welders to increase your productivity.
And I would think long and hard about a "money man" per say, if you do your job well enough, you will have plenty of folks show up,that will want a piece of your pie.
And last of all, remember the "value" or free advise.
Good luck in all you do.
Thank you Jimy!
I have to say that despite some negative (which will always be there in this life) the positive feedback from you guys has really boosted my spirit. being and staying sober is key for me to do this as well as my Faith in Jesus!

Thanks for all the advise and resources! wham
Originally Posted by jimy
It is kind of funny how many are so quick to point out your short comings, mostly from those to scared to try.

Keep your chin up and your debt low, you will do fine.
You're right about the patents, the Chinese don't honor them, and few are worth the money it takes to defend them, unless you
come up with a cheap anti gravity belt, don't waste your time or some one else's money.

You have some great ideas, but you need to build jigs, fixtures and simple robotic welders to increase your productivity.
And I would think long and hard about a "money man" per say, if you do your job well enough, you will have plenty of folks show up,that will want a piece of your pie.
And last of all, remember the "value" or free advise.
Good luck in all you do.

scared to try? not hardly...i dont doubt he has good ideas, but he is asking for money with nothing to base it on....and i say this having helped successfully run two businesses and having had to sit down repeatedly with banks looking for money for equipment....the whole "doesnt believe in patents" tells me most of what i need to know that even if i had the money to invest with him my rate of return is going to be slim to none.

as someone pointed out he would be far better off scrapping his idea for being in business for himself and find a company to be an idea man for that will shell out the cash to go after patents on his ideas....not a damn thing wrong with that course of travel and a hell of alot of money can be made that way.....

but based on his posts on this thread he is not someone whos company just about anyone is going to invest in.....without patents in this day and age its a money loosing proposition cause the idea is not yours, anyone that wants to can make the EXACT SAME THING and you have no recourse.....he is also asking for investors in an idea of a company that is in his head which, he really should not have expected any other reaction, the fact he didnt is another red flag.....he is like any number of inventors ive come across, great ideas are one thing, investable ones are another....
i hardly consider myself stupid.... i've been an idiot, but the idea that i will throw in the towel on this is ridiculous. i have invested too much time and energy as well as passion.

it's my baby... knock and watch it grow

some of you are real ass wholes and i am sure that after a 5 minute conversation with you, i am the one who would be headed for the door.
by the way.... pfhuk the status quo
given your attitude towards patents and lack of a real interest to do what needs to be done to get your ducks in a row first before asking for money it aint going to be your baby for long...

and im not being an arsehole, im being realistic.....status quo or not, if you want investors you need to jump through hoops, if you dont want to do that its going to keep being a hobby until someone else files a patent on your idea and then sues your arse for patent infringement.......
let them try and steal the ideas and take me to court...
i have one thing they don't and it is very powerful...
The LORD!

pictures and dates don't lie..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
Pictures and dates have little to no value for an investor.

Patents have value.

You may have the Lord, but they have Lawyers!
Posted By: Gatogrizz27 Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
Kickstarter will be your best bet, one product at a time. No need to convince investors, no money to put up, no one to pay back or have control of your company, and it does market research at the same time.

I'd be cautious about approaching investors directly at this point, as others have said you don't appear serious from the guy holding the money's point of view, and once they write you off it is impossible to get a second look.
it is up to a judge, not a lawyer

You would be bankrupt before you ever made it to a judge.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
Some cool looking equipment! You've gotten some good advice.

Good luck to ya!
Posted By: ro1459 Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
WB: Your products look well made and clearly thought out. You may think however, that you are protected by your "Poor Man's" Patent. Unfortunately, Patents don't work that way. Copywrites can if you have the right judge. But fighting anything in federal court is not easy and is especially expensive. It would cost you no less than one million dollars to defend a federal Patent infringement suit. There are law firms out there that specialize in stealing ideas like yours because they know you can't afford to defend your position. Patents are not that expensive to acquire and do protect you. Investors do purchase patents. Also, if you are truly serious, and I believe you are, Please change your tag line. No one is going to take you seriously with your statement that says, "i never met a whiskey i didn't like....." All of this said, keep the ideas coming. I especially like the boiler, it looks better than anything else I've seen out there. Good luck and we all wish you great success.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
Judges are lawyers...
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14

You may have the Lord, but they have Lawyers!

Won't matter to the Chinese if you have both.

If they want to copy and produce something, they will...

For instance..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
There have been heaters in stove flues for a hundred years.

And hollow boilers have been around for a long time.

And TIG welding isn't innovative.

Nice tents but my Notrhface has taken a lot of abuse in 25 years.

Advertising by bashing others is no business plan.
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
I'm not sure what he's supposed to patent. A metal box to hold fire?
Posted By: jimy Re: investor wanted - 11/30/14
I'm not sure what he's supposed to patent. A metal box to hold fire?

Some one patented a Hula hoop.
Amazon patented a lighting arrangement for taking pictures:

[Linked Image]

Posted By: whambasted Re: investor wanted - 12/01/14
at least the pros outweigh the cons.... thanks for all the pm's gentlemen!

keep up the negativity... i gave up because being negative never got me anywhere good.
Can a competitor make small changes to my invention and avoid my patent?

It depends. The value of a patent depends on how "broad" the coverage is, as defined by the patent's claims (see our "how to read patent claims" page). If the invention claimed in a patent represents only a small advance over what went before it, the range of products the patent may cover is also small. On the other hand, if your invention is wholly new, then the range of equivalents is equally large. Most inventions fall somewhere between these extremes.

The determination of the breadth of a potential patent is a matter of analyzing the extent of the "prior art" and the range of things which might be covered under the patent. You should consult a patent professional for advice on the breadth of your invention.
is my website protected under a copyright? if so then shouldn't all the content of the website be protected?
and as far as date of concept, do the youtube videos offer me anything valuable as far as a previous date of proof of invention?
Posted By: rattler Re: investor wanted - 12/01/14
is my website protected under a copyright? if so then shouldn't all the content of the website be protected?

nope doesnt work that way.....what you write falls under different rules than physical stuff
Posted By: rattler Re: investor wanted - 12/01/14
oh and you will go broke defending the what you write part aswell....know this from running two small newspapers....not worth the money it costs to fight it unless your someone like the NYT, anyone smaller will run out of money in lawyers fees long before a judgement is made....
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: investor wanted - 12/01/14

Could be effective notice of liability. Part of the Patent process is to research you are not infringing upon a previous Patent.
Posted By: whambasted Re: investor wanted - 12/02/14
there is nothing similar out there to my designs as far as i have been able to research.
talking to a lawyer today... i have a business major working out the plan as well. Thanks for all of the advise. will post when i have made progress. God Bless wham
Originally Posted by rattler

nope doesnt work that way.....what you write falls under different rules than physical stuff

well what about the pictures? those are admissible evidence?
Posted By: whambasted Re: investor wanted - 12/07/14
ttt
Posted By: whambasted Re: investor wanted - 12/07/14
Originally Posted by rattler

are you a lawyer of some sort?.....inventor?....know it all?
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: investor wanted - 12/07/14
None of the above. Well, maybe the last one.
Posted By: RickyD Re: investor wanted - 12/07/14
Rattler and his former wife ran a couple of small newspapers for a number of years. He should be solid on copyright law.
Posted By: Partsman Re: investor wanted - 06/27/15
So business went down the [bleep]?
Posted By: 222Rem Re: investor wanted - 06/27/15

Good for you Brian. I hope you sincerely mean that. I've seen posts of your work in the past and you're clearly talented, but obviously let booze get in the way at times..............maybe not the manufacturing, but for sure the advertising/public relations side of things.

I truly wish you all the success in the growth of your company.
Posted By: Higginez Re: investor wanted - 06/27/15
Originally Posted by 222Rem

Good for you Brian. I hope you sincerely mean that. I've seen posts of your work in the past and you're clearly talented, but obviously let booze get in the way at times..............maybe not the manufacturing, but for sure the advertising/public relations side of things.

I truly wish you all the success in the growth of your company.

Yeah, um, well.....
Posted By: 222Rem Re: investor wanted - 06/27/15
If he says he's changed, then allow him prove it. If he hasn't, that'll quickly become evident. Taking alcohol out of the equation can change a man. Bad character is another story. Time will tell.
Posted By: Higginez Re: investor wanted - 06/28/15
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10074400/Re:_whambasted..._WHERE_ARE_YO#Post10074400
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: investor wanted - 06/28/15
Seems he proved it alright.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: investor wanted - 06/28/15
I missed that thread..............I hope EHG gets his money back.

Time told rather quickly.
Posted By: Cinch Re: investor wanted - 06/29/15
Originally Posted by 222Rem
I missed that thread..............I hope EHG gets his money back.

Time told rather quickly.

EHG has always been a stand up guy to deal with. Sad to see someone do him this way...
© 24hourcampfire